Author Topic: If we get rid of Crowder, enough $$ Hayward?  (Read 4225 times)

If we get rid of Crowder, enough $$ Hayward?
« on: May 25, 2017, 03:57:41 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Don't bring Yabu trade Crowder. Is that enough money for Hayward? Certainly if we added Smart that's enough, but could we do it with just losing Crowder.

I'm interested in keeping Avery and Thomas with Fultz this year, and make my decision after I see everyone play together.

Re: If we get rid of Crowder, enough $$ Hayward?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 05:45:01 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I thought we have enough money for Hayward as is?

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 06:05:21 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It is if we let KO walk.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 06:07:55 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

No, not quite.

The easiest ways to clear max room are to either trade Bradley for future picks (without taking salary back) or trading Rozier (without salary coming back) and renouncing KO.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 06:41:40 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

No, not quite.

The easiest ways to clear max room are to either trade Bradley for future picks (without taking salary back) or trading Rozier (without salary coming back) and renouncing KO.
They can do that w/o salary matching b/c they are under the cap. correct?

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 06:44:27 AM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
What is KO's cap hold? I don't want to see him go. Is trading Crowder and his low salary enough to create room for KO and Heyward? Would trading Bradley be enough?

I've invested a lot of emotional baggage in Olynyk ...

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 06:45:06 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
KO , AB , Jae

you gotta think two of these gotta go if your signing a mega dollar player.

guessing DA will wait out the best deal .

he may have personal likes , t but value will most likey win the day in his mind.

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 06:50:14 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

No, not quite.

They can do that w/o salary matching b/c they are under the cap. correct?

You're always allowed to send out more than you take back. The other team would need to have sufficient cap space or a trad exception to absorb the salary.

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 06:51:14 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
We can let Crowder go if you want, but he will have to be replaced by a (far) inferior player because of his salary over the next several years. I also understand the apprehension in letting  Bradley go, but if we sign Hayward, there is no way all of IT/AB/Smart stay. Acquiring some (future) value for one of them now is probably better than letting them walk for nothing and Avery seems to be the guy.

So, as far as next year goes, we either end up with:
- Crowder, Rozier, KO, and no AB.
- No Crowder, No Rozier, KO, and AB (w/o ever really replacing Crowder)
- No KO, No Rozier, Crowder, and AB (w/o ever really replacing Crowder)

Past next year, as mentioned above, you can probably subtract AB from all of those scenarios, too.

tl;dr - we can't trade Crowder. You may not like him as much as other players on the team, but he is one of the most valuable pieces we have because of his contract. AB is likely gone, regardless.

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2017, 06:53:55 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
What is KO's cap hold? I don't want to see him go. Is trading Crowder and his low salary enough to create room for KO and Heyward? Would trading Bradley be enough?

I've invested a lot of emotional baggage in Olynyk ...

It's a touch over $7.7 million.

Crowder isn't enough to clear enough room to keep KO and sign Hayward. Avery is, assuming Yabu delays coming over for another year.

(Note: this is all based on estimates of the cap, and assumptions that published salary numbers are accurate).

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 06:59:36 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Or you can just renounce the bird rights of Amir, Zeller, Jerebko, Mickey, Young, Jackson and Olynyk and you can still sign Yabusele since he will only eat 1.5 million in the cap. Projected cap limit next season is 102 million.

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 07:02:52 AM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27

It's a touch over $7.7 million.

Crowder isn't enough to clear enough room to keep KO and sign Hayward. Avery is, assuming Yabu delays coming over for another year.

(Note: this is all based on estimates of the cap, and assumptions that published salary numbers are accurate).

That's what I thought. I'd rather trade Crowder than AB, because Hayward would take his position and Jaylen Brown needs minutes, but that wouldn't get it done.

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 07:11:33 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Or you can just renounce the bird rights of Amir, Zeller, Jerebko, Mickey, Young, Jackson and Olynyk and you can still sign Yabusele since he will only eat 1.5 million in the cap. Projected cap limit next season is 102 million.

The cap is now projected at $101 million. I don't think we're able to sign Yabu. His cap hit is north of $2 million I believe. (He'd be sign pursuant to the 2018 rookie scale, which increased salaries substantially).

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2017, 07:51:35 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
We can let Crowder go if you want, but he will have to be replaced by a (far) inferior player because of his salary over the next several years. I also understand the apprehension in letting  Bradley go, but if we sign Hayward, there is no way all of IT/AB/Smart stay. Acquiring some (future) value for one of them now is probably better than letting them walk for nothing and Avery seems to be the guy.

So, as far as next year goes, we either end up with:
- Crowder, Rozier, KO, and no AB.
- No Crowder, No Rozier, KO, and AB (w/o ever really replacing Crowder)
- No KO, No Rozier, Crowder, and AB (w/o ever really replacing Crowder)

Past next year, as mentioned above, you can probably subtract AB from all of those scenarios, too.

tl;dr - we can't trade Crowder. You may not like him as much as other players on the team, but he is one of the most valuable pieces we have because of his contract. AB is likely gone, regardless.

I understand your logic but if we get Hayward...
1. I think Crowder is gone.
2.Also I think we really need to hang on to AB. I know AB/IT/Smart all need new contracts soon but I would keep all 3 to go into win now mode for a year.
3. Fultz insurance. There is a chance we draft Fultz and he gets injured or is a bust, thus you keep core intact and trade Bradley mid season. Or if Fultz is the real deal, you trade IT and/or Smart. Keep Bradley to pair with Fultz.
4. I really want to trade rozier for Richaun Holmes(76ers). Thus we can not worry bout KO.

Not real sure about all the cap stuff but thats my Couch GM philosophy

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2017, 08:08:40 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
If you want 3 max free agents on this team then you need to keep Crowder. You can't just ignore the severity of the luxury tax when building a team. There definitely isn't an appreciation of how oppressive the luxury tax is in this CBA.