Author Topic: Celtics have done Cavs a favour  (Read 5053 times)

Celtics have done Cavs a favour
« on: May 24, 2017, 11:11:39 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
I feel like our fighting spirit against the Cavs will really help them for the finals. This series seem Celtics/Hawks 2008 in the sense that Boston were sloppy that series thinking they didn't have to be locked in and they could coast through the series. KG later said that tight series win was a huge help in focusing the team for the rest of the Playoffs and Finals, this should be the case for Cavs...so perhaps if they win the Finals they owe us a debt lol

Re: Celtics have done Cavs a favour
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 11:29:19 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
we shall see
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 11:39:44 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Outside of Game 3, I feel like they sorta just toyed with the Celtics.

I don't know how much CLE really got out of that series besides some ridiculous shooting percentages that most likely will not repeat themselves in the Finals.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 12:04:35 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I don't like doing favors for the enemy.

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 12:33:25 PM »

Offline i believe in brad

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 30

I don't know how much CLE really got out of that series besides some ridiculous shooting percentages that most likely will not repeat themselves in the Finals.

48 min vs. 48 min I actually think we played better in game 4 than game 3.  Game 3 felt like Lebron let us have our comeback, game 4 we would have won by double digits if not for Kyrie catching absolute FIRE.

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 12:42:38 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

48 min vs. 48 min I actually think we played better in game 4 than game 3.  Game 3 felt like Lebron let us have our comeback, game 4 we would have won by double digits if not for Kyrie catching absolute FIRE.

That's valid.  Celtics certainly outplayed them in the first half of Game 4. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 06:23:59 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I feel like our fighting spirit against the Cavs will really help them for the finals. This series seem Celtics/Hawks 2008 in the sense that Boston were sloppy that series thinking they didn't have to be locked in and they could coast through the series. KG later said that tight series win was a huge help in focusing the team for the rest of the Playoffs and Finals, this should be the case for Cavs...so perhaps if they win the Finals they owe us a debt lol

We focused them in to be within one game of a sweep, how is that going to help him.   This was not a tight series,:   

The first one they one by 13  hardly a nail biter
The second was a utter blowout   they won by 44 points
The third we won by three, the only game that meets your criteria
The four we lost by 13 double digit win
The fifth we lost by 33 big loss again for us

http://www.nba.com/playoffs/2017/eastseries7

I hear Lion's Club will help people with glasses needs these days.

Yeah, it was not a close series, the OP is way off.   It is not like we hardened their resolve with a tough series.   They coasted  three out of the five games.

I don't like doing favors for the enemy.

We didn't.

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 07:58:26 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Yeah it is pretty clear we got them ready for the finals! NOT! 

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 08:01:48 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Raptors and Celtics were a cake walk for Lebron .

if anything it lulled him to sleep.

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 08:03:31 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
Cavs should be worried that Lebron doesn't opt out of his contract and join Boston if they can't make this a series. Cavs have no way of making their team better and Lebron should look out for his legacy rather than stay loyal and let Durant take the crown from him like that.

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 08:07:37 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
There isn't a team in the NBA that can prepare the Cavs for a match up with Golden State.  The best teams are in the West.  Golden State tore through those teams easily.  They are 28-1 over their last 29 at home including the playoffs.  Cleveland needs help to close the gap next year versus Golden State.  They need a Bradley or a Crowder who can play 3 and D.  The Cavs role players are just terrible and Golden State completely takes Tristan Thompson out of the game with their small lineups. 

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 08:16:57 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Cavs should be worried that Lebron doesn't opt out of his contract and join Boston if they can't make this a series. Cavs have no way of making their team better and Lebron should look out for his legacy rather than stay loyal and let Durant take the crown from him like that.

LOL....that would be amazing .....Lebron would become the biggest villian ever in the NBA , by running to another city to form a super team . 

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2017, 08:23:00 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64

LOL....that would be amazing .....Lebron would become the biggest villian ever in the NBA , by running to another city to form a super team .

Would he really become a villain or rather a hero for saving the league from the warriors?

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2017, 09:18:56 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132

LBJ Game 1: 28/15/8
LBJ Game 2: 29/11/14

He's doing everything he can. Blame needs to go on Kyrie and the role players. Love has been good.

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2017, 09:25:52 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

LBJ Game 1: 28/15/8
LBJ Game 2: 29/11/14

He's doing everything he can. Blame needs to go on Kyrie and the role players. Love has been good.
his efficiency is great, but he needs to put up more shots

the BIG problem is that while everyone says that lebron is unselfish, his style of ball is kinda one dimensional

he holds onto the ball and passes (not for the sake of ball movement, but for an attempted assist), or holds onto the ball and tries to score. he's NEVER even tried to play TRUE team basketball. which is why he gets STEAMROLLED against teams who play great team ball.

but at this point he's just gonna try to have good stats so everyone can say "it's not his fault"

also, if your team around you isn't getting up for the game then maybe...juuusst maybe you aren't a great leader

ps  i'm lovin it
I trust Danny Ainge