Author Topic: What needs to change for game 5?  (Read 3928 times)

Re: What needs to change for game 5?
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 05:23:40 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
Play with a lot of energy. This team likes to have their backs to the wall and it doesn't get any greater than to lose 3 home games. I expect them to win.

I think I would start JJ. The Cavs are slowly figuring out the offense without IT.

Make Irving work on defense.

If we're down in the 4th start hack-a-Tristan and get the ball out of Irving\Bron's hands.

Move the ball, move the ball and move the ball.

It's pretty simple at this point.

You bring up a great point about Tristan Thompson. The national narrative after Game 3 was that the Cavs didn't respect us, and that Marcus Smart played out of his mind. The former is possible, and Smart definitely shot better than he ever has before. But one thing people failed to mention is that Tristan Thompson shot much better from the free throw line than he normally does. That could easily have been a five point swing if he has an average night from the line.

We did an nice job - relatively speaking - of preventing the Cavs from getting second chance points in Game 4. We need to continue to do that, and little things like Thompson regressing back to the mean from the free throw line will also help a lot. Quick sidenote - that dude is a beast. He's the heart and soul of the Cavs, and I'd absolutely love to have him on our team.

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 05:26:50 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
I don't think much needs to change, if at all. They were leading for almost 3 quarters in game 4, and Cleveland didn't take their first lead until Irving got in a zone, and had an historic playoff quarter. Cleveland shot around 70% at one point, and the Celtics were still within striking distance with around two minutes left in the game. I am very optimistic that the Celtics win game 5. I went into this series thinking the Celtics would be lucky to win one game. In no way would I have ever believed they would have lost the way they did in games 1 and 2. However, after seeing them play the last two games, I'm feeling pretty good about winning game at home.

Very close to my exact thoughts. I came into the series thinking the Cavs would most likely win in 5. After what we saw in the first two games, and then with IT being out, my expectations changed to a sweep being the most likely outcome. But now, as you said, I think we have a good chance to win tomorrow night.

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 05:33:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
What are the chances  Wizards game 7 KO shows up for game 5

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2017, 05:43:19 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Make shots.
Protect the ball.
Play defense.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2017, 05:49:13 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Make shots.
Protect the ball.
Play defense.

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2017, 06:28:57 PM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
We got a very brief look at the Smart Bradley Brown Crowder Horford lineup, we should start that lineup and hope for Brown to have a breakout game.
I think either this lineup or a lineup of smart Bradley Crowder jerebko horford would better suit us. Every1 can switch on defense and I'd like a more athletic player on love who can get back out to contest his threes. As soon as someone like KO or Amir is the 5th guy they immediately expose it. Pick n roll with Kelly or Amir switching and then you have an absolute mismatch with whoever they switch onto
Over the last 2 games K.O. has a defensive rating of 100.0, without him on the floor the C's have been destroyed and have a def. rat. of 141.5.  Why you would change the starting lineup to a small ball lineup after the success that lineup showed last night is mind boggling. 

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 06:39:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
all our players become injury free?

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2017, 06:45:42 PM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
Play with a lot of energy. This team likes to have their backs to the wall and it doesn't get any greater than to lose 3 home games. I expect them to win.

I think I would start JJ. The Cavs are slowly figuring out the offense without IT.

If we're down in the 4th start hack-a-Tristan and get the ball out of Irving\Bron's hands.

You bring up a great point about Tristan Thompson. The national narrative after Game 3 was that the Cavs didn't respect us, and that Marcus Smart played out of his mind. The former is possible, and Smart definitely shot better than he ever has before. But one thing people failed to mention is that Tristan Thompson shot much better from the free throw line than he normally does. That could easily have been a five point swing if he has an average night from the line.

We did an nice job - relatively speaking - of preventing the Cavs from getting second chance points in Game 4. We need to continue to do that, and little things like Thompson regressing back to the mean from the free throw line will also help a lot. Quick sidenote - that dude is a beast. He's the heart and soul of the Cavs, and I'd absolutely love to have him on our team.
K.O. did an excellent job on Thompson last night as he only had 1 offensive rebound and it was a harmless tip that had no chance of going in.  The C's have outscored the Cavs 28-23 on 2nd chance points over the last 2 games and only allowed 8 to Cleveland last night.  Last night was clearly another winnable game had the C's shot better and/or Cleveland ever missed in the 2nd half.

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2017, 06:50:43 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Bird McHale Parrish DJohnson

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2017, 06:53:29 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48

K.O. did an excellent job on Thompson last night as he only had 1 offensive rebound and it was a harmless tip that had no chance of going in.  The C's have outscored the Cavs 28-23 on 2nd chance points over the last 2 games and only allowed 8 to Cleveland last night.  Last night was clearly another winnable game had the C's shot better and/or Cleveland ever missed in the 2nd half.

You cannot shoot better when you don't have enough consistent shooters.
Butler or George last night at the #3 with Thomas, You have a chance at winning this series. No IT, No #3 your going to get beat as last night proved

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2017, 06:55:26 PM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
I feel pretty confident in saying this, but if we can just score more points than they do then we will win.

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2017, 06:55:30 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Good defense and living by the 3 without dying by it. So really nothing. That about sums it up for me.

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2017, 10:46:16 PM »

Offline Miranda-Kerr

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
  • MEAN GREEN MONSTAR TEAM
It's simple

Just outscore the cavs and Celtics will win the game

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2017, 10:55:27 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
LeBron needs to miss the game for some reason.  ;)
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2017, 10:59:17 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
LeBron needs to miss the game for some reason.  ;)
Sounds like a job for olly.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva