Author Topic: Any chance of a game 7?  (Read 817 times)

Any chance of a game 7?
« on: May 24, 2017, 04:17:56 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I hope Kyrie's ankle looks like a grapefruit today. I thought for sure the basketball gods were looking out for us last night. This is why you don't want series being extended...injury.

I think the team will give the fans a better showing tomorrow and push it back to Cleveland. That will put a lot of pressure on the Cavs to close out in 6.

Would it be too much to get it back to Boston for a game 7?

Re: Any chance of a game 7?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 04:35:21 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
I hope Kyrie's ankle looks like a grapefruit today. I thought for sure the basketball gods were looking out for us last night. This is why you don't want series being extended...injury.

I think the team will give the fans a better showing tomorrow and push it back to Cleveland. That will put a lot of pressure on the Cavs to close out in 6.

Would it be too much to get it back to Boston for a game 7?

I'd love for that to happen. We're already playing with house money, and win or lose, taking Cleveland to the limit without IT would send an even more powerful message to free agents across the league. My fear is that the Cavs have another gear that they may be able to hit, and if that happens, I don't think we can stay with them.

On the other hand, if the Cavs don't take their game to another level, I think Game 5 is a nailbiter. If we can find a way to pull it out, then that puts the weight of the world on Cleveland's shoulders entering Game 6. I said in another thread that if Kyrie hadn't been so amazing last night, Boston wins that game by 10+. On that particular night, there was no way LeBron was digging the Cavs out of that hole, and we easily could have been up by 18-20 at halftime without Irving's heroics. LeBron started to get it going once Cleveland had a secure lead, but was mediocre offensively until then.

In a hypothetical Game 6 in Cleveland, I think a huge deciding factor will be whether or not Kyrie catches fire again. He's by far their best clutch scorer, and if he isn't bailing them out, then we'd absolutely have a chance to win if we play well.

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 04:42:59 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Need to win Game 5 first. 

It's looking like a longshot but I've seen stranger things happen in the playoffs.  See last Superbowl for example.  :-)

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 05:01:26 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Need to win Game 5 first. 

It's looking like a longshot but I've seen stranger things happen in the playoffs.  See last Superbowl for example.  :-)

True, but this Celtics team doesn't have the basketball equivalent of Tom Brady. That guy is on the other team.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 07:45:52 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Anything's possible.