Author Topic: Some people on here would trade their DOG for a new car. What is important?  (Read 961 times)

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
First of all I want to say it always comes down to the name on the front of the jersey and not the name on the back.    But the more you handle your players, personal with class the more free agents will play for you.   If a team trades all the time I personally would be hesitant to sign a long term deal.   

What are some of the hurdles you reconize when trading players:

Contract length
What is players future contact going to be
Can you surround max player with help
Was he signed as a free agent and when
Was he traded for
Do you trade for a win now
Do you trade for a win later
Do the players hinder the growth of others
What kind of attitude does the player have
Is player a long term solution
What if your team is playing
Team chemistry
Families are involved
Trust in Team seeing a 2,3 4 year vision
Do you trade a player before he expires
It is a business but a personal business
Injuries
Future draft picks available
Teams payroll
Fan Favorites

So many people thing this is  ESPN trade machine or NBA2k17.  I was curious how many people think past the immediate future.  Whats important to you when trading.    Many times trades are win current team win for other team and win for the player and fans......

What are your thoughts?   
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 02:46:20 PM by Diggles »
Diggles

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
First of all I want to say it always comes down to the name on the front of the jersey and not the name on the back.    But the more you handle your players, personal with class the more free agents will play for you.   If a team trades all the time I personally would be hesitant to sign a long term deal.   

Contract length
Was he traded for
Team chemistry
Families are involved
Injuries
Teams payroll
Fan Favorites

So many people thing this is  ESPN trade machine or NBA2k17.  I was curious how many people think past the immediate future.  Whats important to you when trading.    Many times trades are win current team win for other team and win for the player and fans......

What are your thoughts?

Disagree.  A lot of trade ideas posted here I imagine are just to spur debate, analysis, conversation, etc.  Even if I am wrong in that assumption, I would look at the minimum to non-existent number of Horford trade proposals as an indication that people realize trading player contracts isn't as simple as swapping in and out auto parts.

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Contract length
Was he traded for
Team chemistry
Families are involved
Injuries
Teams payroll
Fan Favorites

What are your thoughts?

Disagree.  A lot of trade ideas posted here I imagine are just to spur debate, analysis, conversation, etc.  Even if I am wrong in that assumption, I would look at the minimum to non-existent number of Horford trade proposals as an indication that people realize trading player contracts isn't as simple as swapping in and out auto parts.

Never owned a Kia, huh?  Good for you. Nothing simple about getting those things to hum.

Anyway, stability is important to a lot of guys. I admire the teams that tend to commit to their role players. Why trade or swap 3-D wings randomly?  Let these guys keep their kids in one school. Throwing names around as "roster filler" is unkind, but they aren't at the top of the ticket.

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
It's fun to talk trade but a lot harder to pull it off in real life than say NBA 2K17.

For example in NBA 2k17, I traded Avery Bradley plus a pick for Kevin Love.

Went on to beat the Cavaliers in the playoffs because they missed the presence of Love a lot more than what Bradley added to their team.

This never happens in real life.  Team GMs are smart enough to realize you don't weaken yourself and strengthen a conference rival at the same time.

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
You would fleece the car owner with that trade. And if you wanted to you could trade the car to another team for upwards of like 10 dogs.

Great value trade, total Danny Ainge move.