Author Topic: Instead of Fultz what about Tatum and Monk?  (Read 16164 times)

Re: Instead of Fultz what about Tatum and Monk?
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2017, 12:27:34 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Shades of Sam Bowie are creeping up..

Please for the love of everything holy.. Draft the Top prospect, the one with the highest upside.. Give him to our Genius coach and lets all be happy for the next 10 -15 years.. 

« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2017, 01:10:38 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
this makes no sense.

So you skip James Harden to take Jeff Green

No, actually you would get two Jeff Greens for one Harden, but I digress.

You see, this actually illustrates the counter point exactly.  In 2009, the #1 Pick was Blake Griffin.  So in theory, the team with the #1 pick could have done a trade of the #1 for the #3 and #7 and ended up with Harden and Curry.  This is idealizing based on being able to the draft perfectly but you are also idealizing assuming that Fultz will be Harden and Tatum and Monk will both both be no better than Jeff Green.

Two shots at getting lucky in the draft is better than one in most cases, even if the #1 is involved (see my earlier post on the last 16 #1 picks).  That is most cases but certainly not all cases.  You just don't know.  Don't get me wrong, I think Ainge is going to take Fultz.  I don't think even Danny would have the ba11s to trade down (although Red Auerbach pulled off quite a  trade by trading down from the #1 in 1980).  I would not be totally upset if he did though.  Surprised yes but you just never know how these things turn out.

« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2017, 11:40:14 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Monk and Tatum on the same team?  I think it's safe to say that defense would be our calling card ;) (sarcasm) ::) ;D.