Author Topic: If Paul George put us on his short list of teams that he would resign with......  (Read 1669 times)

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
How would that change the way some of you perceive trading for him? I think a phone call from Danny and we can sell him on staying, quite easily. He's a guy who wants to win more than anything else, he's concerned about his legacy, the Lakers talk is overstated garbage.

So he tells us that he wants to be here, what would you give for him at point? Do we bother with an inferior Hayward just to hold on to everything we have? 

For me he's option 1A, just like KD was last summer. Paul George is one of the best small forwards i've ever seen, bar none. He took a team with West/Hibbert to game 7 of the ECF for crying out loud. Give this man a team!

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
I'd love to land PG. I just don't know the price or if Indy would be willing to trade given the ownership situation. I think they'll ask for too much. Like an absurdly unreasonable amount.
- LilRip

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
I'd love to land PG. I just don't know the price or if Indy would be willing to trade given the ownership situation. I think they'll ask for too much. Like an absurdly unreasonable amount.

The only players and or assets i don't want to see in the mix for him are as follows

IT4
Bradley
Horford
#BK1 because he's an expiring and even his word doesn't change that

Anything else is on the table.

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
He did retweet that Pierce tweet if that means anything

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
He did retweet that Pierce tweet if that means anything

Aka help Indiana land that #1 pick, play for Boston for one year and then bounce to LA Lakers the following year  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I think a future around Fultz, Jaylen + 2018 BKN pick and whatever else we can develop in the future has a better chance at future contention than our current core + PG - what we have to trade for him.  So I prefer just to stay on course.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
He needs to sign a extension agreement first to make ainge even think about it
and in no way will i include nets first, take other firsts and TR/AB/JC, or take nothing

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
That game last night would've been a perfect situation for PG and Hayward.

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148
He needs to sign a extension agreement first to make ainge even think about it
and in no way will i include nets first, take other firsts and TR/AB/JC, or take nothing

I think they can offer, and correct me if I'm wrong, Brooklyn pick 2018, c Celtics pick 2018, Memphis pick and Clips pick. Bradley and Zeller. That's a fair Trade. It gets Indy a  full rebuild around Turner and It gets Boston an All star to put next to Horford, IT and Hayward. Good times.

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I wouldn't deal Fultz for George or Butler. He just looks too good. I'm dubious about George signing in Boston. He's a west coast guy. Bird has his hands full re-signing him. Magic is trying very hard to get George, but the key for the Lakers will still be the Big. They need that big guy in the middle. So do the Celtics. Horford is a nice piece, but he's no banger. Maybe they'll luck out with Zicic.

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
If we can get George for Crowder, Bradley, Yabu, 2019 MEM, then I'm down. Frankly, as he's an expiring, that's probably the best offer they're getting.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
This is his list:

LA Lakers