Author Topic: Rumored Mutual Interest between CP3 and Spurs  (Read 5406 times)

Re: Rumored Mutual Interest between CP3 and Spurs
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 06:47:37 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 864
  • GOT IT!!!
Saw an article saying Spurs are also interested in Derrick Rose who apparently has said money isn't an issue as he just wants to win.

Money is not an issue because no one is going to give him big money anyways lol

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 07:03:03 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Doc Rivers is finished...How much room does TNT have--?
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 07:46:40 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
San Antonio would be a great place for Chris Paul.

It would, and if he cares anything at all about his legacy and winning a ring, this would be the move to make. It is crystal clear that his window with the Clippers closed long ago, that franchise is done for now.

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2017, 07:51:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Durant isn't moving. But I'll be happy for CP3 if he ends up a Spur.

i guess thats better than a Laker for sure .   

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2017, 07:54:11 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Doc is toast .  He is nota team builder .  He is a politician type blender of personalitiex., aberage at best coach

If Cp3 leaves then Griffin and Jordon are up for grabs .

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2017, 08:17:15 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Doc is toast .  He is nota team builder .  He is a politician type blender of personalitiex., aberage at best coach

If Cp3 leaves then Griffin and Jordon are up for grabs .

Could he get Barkley and Shaq to play nice together?  Managing personalities is supposed to be his strength, though I have my doubts. He sure has milked a good season in Orlando better than anyone could possibly imagine. Got him here, where he lucked into 2008, and milked that into big power in Clipperland.

If anyone is into believing in a divine plan for us all, I do believe his purpose in LA was to get them through ousting that racist trash they had as an owner. He earned his entire contract just for handling that mess with anything resembling grace and class. Give credit where it's due.

CP isn't a lifer anywhere. He could've been the N'Awlins poster boy for his career, but ditched.  I don't really see a path to San Antonio for him, but weird stuff happens. They'd have to find some trade partners and all that. The price may just be too high.

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 09:04:36 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
So he can make I think 210 mill to re-sign with the Clips or 150 mill to sign somewhere else? I don't think at age 32 he really cares to lose 60 mill to win a championship. Doubt it happens.

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2017, 09:32:33 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
If this is true, I wonder if Aldridge will be up for grabs to clear cap space?

He's making well below the current max, fits a position of need, and wouldn't restrict cap space. Could probably squeeze an asset out of SA for taking him on, too.

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2017, 10:14:34 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Paul to the Spurs would be awesome.

Paul/Mills/Anderson
Green/Murray
Leonard/Simmons
Aldridge/Lee/Bertans
Dedmon/Gasol

I've always been in the camp of Paul being wildly overrated and him not being able to win as the number one guy (Griffin is not a good 1a to Paul being a 1b). With Leonard alongside Paul, Paul can maximize his true talents without being the main focal point.

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2017, 02:13:33 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736
If this is true, I wonder if Aldridge will be up for grabs to clear cap space?

He's making well below the current max, fits a position of need, and wouldn't restrict cap space. Could probably squeeze an asset out of SA for taking him on, too.
This is an interesting idea if the C's really want to try and win with this IT/Horford group. I don't know if that team can compete with Cleveland/GS but having Horford and Aldridge down low could be a interesting.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2017, 03:40:37 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Not surprising. The trend is the elite teams like  the Spurs, Cavs and Warriors get first dibs on free agents who want to play for a "sure" winner. Ainge has improved his lot in the FA market, but I doubt he's at the market level of those other teams. The cap, of course, has a lot to say on what those teams do, but they seem to be able to fit an awful lot of guys under the cap by  releasing players like ballast. Hasn't the League done something to make this tougher to do?

If Ainge wants to get into that market, he better get rid of some of the ballast the Celtics are carrying. And they do have plenty of it.

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2017, 03:45:35 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Would love for this to happen. Not only would it benefit us by making it very likely that Griffin leaves in free agency, but I would love to see Paul in San Antonio. I think that team could actually beat GS next year, especially since they'll most likely lose even more of their bench this offseason.
Would it be more likely Griffin moves or less likely?

Would you want to stay with the Clips when you're basically looking at a rebuild at 28 years old?

I know we talk more about Hayward but Griffin solves so many of our problems that it's ridiculous.

Mike