Author Topic: Speak for yourself on FS1 says it all  (Read 6622 times)

Re: Speak for yourself on FS1 says it all
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 02:33:47 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Ball is a defensive liability and I don't know how he could've helped us last night. He would've been torched.

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 02:35:10 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Can you imagine saying this after his 52pt game? People need to relax with 1 game knee jerk reactions. Especially since IT was playing with a hip injury the end of the wizards series and beginning of this series.

You're missing the point about the flow of the offense and it's trade value right now that will help this team moving forward unless again he goes to 6th man. How valuable would he have been comin. Off the bench last nite.

Is our offense missing flow? We ranked 7th in the NBA offensively, without a great secondary scorer. If our offense functioned as well overall as does it does when IT is on the floor (116.7 points per 100 possessions) we would have had the best offense in the league.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 02:35:23 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Ball is a defensive liability and I don't know how he could've helped us last night. He would've been torched.
Imagining Ball trying to keep in front of the Kyrie we saw last night is laughable.

His ankles would've been hurt more than Kyrie's own.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2017, 02:37:08 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Imagining Ball trying to keep in front of the Kyrie we saw last night is laughable.

Ball would be on Smith and Bradley would be on Irving.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2017, 02:39:26 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Ball would be on Smith and Bradley would be on Irving.
Oh definitely - it was just a funny thought. I feel as though Smith would still have been able to exploit him.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2017, 04:58:48 PM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
https://youtu.be/MZzF5l0V1Qw

The entire clip from beginning to end including about Ball.  Just nice to hear others chyme in especially a former NBA player as opposed to the narronminded fandom I've heard all year.  IT needs to be traded, and Ball is a better fit or at least needs to be dangled in front of other teams.  Hopefully Danny starts thinking along the same lines.

I pray to god he doesn't. Ball is the most overrated prospect  in years.

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 05:01:39 PM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Cowherd spent a lot of his show on this.  He thinks Ball is a classic facilitator that will make everyone better and for a team like Boston that has a lot of C+/B- type players (though athletes), Ball will elevate them into B+/B- type players and would do so almost immediately and thus would be a better fit than Fultz.  Cowherd thinks Fultz has a higher top end potential than Ball, but at least for the next couple of seasons Fultz will be a poor mans Avery Bradley.  He thinks this series has shown that Boston isn't as far away as many think and thus drafting Ball and signing Hayward in free agency (or trading for Butler for lesser pieces and future draft picks) will make Boston a real threat to Cleveland the next couple of seasons.  He also says that if he was picking between Bradley and Thomas, he would choose Bradley.  The last two games Boston has shown much better ball movement offensively and defensively it isn't close.  Boston is just a better defensive team without Thomas, which he thinks makes Boston a better team overall, especially if they added Ball this summer with his passing and facilitation.

Cowherd is an idiot. I'd sooner listen to Mazz than that clown.

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2017, 05:17:23 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Can Ball be a 15 - 18 ppg scorer in the NBA? If "floor generals" fall into the following three categories, where does Ball fit?

Elite scoring and passing: CP3, Wall

Very good scoring and passing: Jrue Holiday

Elite passing, mediocre scoring: Rubio, Rondo

Ball is a taller Rondo but with a 3 point shot.  That makes a big difference.  He's got no mid-range game though because of his awkward shot mechanics that will make him very blockable if he ever gets guarded tightly on the perimeter.

I don't buy the hype.  Ball to LA, yes I see it.  Ball to Boston, no thanks, take the Levar Ball sideshow Circus elsewhere please.

I'll take the all-around 20ppg+ scorer in Fultz who can score from anywhere and run the pick n roll like a maestro, who also happens to be a gym rat, and can play either 1 or 2 for us.

Ball is strictly a 1 imo.  His offensive arsenal is too limited for him to ever play as an effective 2 guard at the NBA level.

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2017, 07:49:18 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I still don't understand why we need to trade IT on a $6M contract if we draft a rookie PG.

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2017, 09:52:30 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Cowherd spent a lot of his show on this.  He thinks Ball is a classic facilitator that will make everyone better and for a team like Boston that has a lot of C+/B- type players (though athletes), Ball will elevate them into B+/B- type players and would do so almost immediately and thus would be a better fit than Fultz.  Cowherd thinks Fultz has a higher top end potential than Ball, but at least for the next couple of seasons Fultz will be a poor mans Avery Bradley.  He thinks this series has shown that Boston isn't as far away as many think and thus drafting Ball and signing Hayward in free agency (or trading for Butler for lesser pieces and future draft picks) will make Boston a real threat to Cleveland the next couple of seasons.  He also says that if he was picking between Bradley and Thomas, he would choose Bradley.  The last two games Boston has shown much better ball movement offensively and defensively it isn't close.  Boston is just a better defensive team without Thomas, which he thinks makes Boston a better team overall, especially if they added Ball this summer with his passing and facilitation.

Cowherd is an idiot. I'd sooner listen to Mazz than that clown.
He says a lot of things that are questionable, but I actually don't think he is all that wrong on his analysis of the C's, I think his conclusion that Boston should draft Ball over Fultz (for the reasons he says) is wrong though.

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2017, 10:20:32 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
https://youtu.be/MZzF5l0V1Qw

The entire clip from beginning to end including about Ball.  Just nice to hear others chyme in especially a former NBA player as opposed to the narronminded fandom I've heard all year.  IT needs to be traded, and Ball is a better fit or at least needs to be dangled in front of other teams.  Hopefully Danny starts thinking along the same lines.

I pray to god he doesn't. Ball is the most overrated prospect  in years.

The more I watch footage of Ball the more he looks like RJ Hunter...

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2017, 10:45:57 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Yeah sounds like Colin took his Ball analysis on  the Celtics, from yours truly. I preached ball makes Brown an all Star and generally elevates the whole team.That was before all the Lavar BS.

And did "sauces" really say that only two normal sized Point guards have ever lead there teams to a title?

That's not true is it. Curry and Isaiah we the ones he mentioned.

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2017, 10:53:36 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Tony Parker was probably the offensive leader of at least one of the Spurs title teams.

Billups was another. I know you guys have more examples. TP if you do.

Broussard is such a moron. "Thomas is an Iverson type player, We saw how far Iverson could get in the playoffs"

He can was playing with Tyrone Hill, McKie, Snow, That team was garbage. Put Iverson with Shaq for three prime years and he wins a ring.

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2017, 02:05:05 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Parker and Billups were not the best players on their teams. Curry and Thomas are the only two players under 6'5" that were the best player on a title team.  Frankly from Magic till Golden State/Cleveland only like 6 times was a PG even an all star in a season when his team made the Finals and Parker is the only one to win (Duncan was the best player).

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2017, 02:10:03 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Can Ball be a 15 - 18 ppg scorer in the NBA? If "floor generals" fall into the following three categories, where does Ball fit?

Elite scoring and passing: CP3, Wall

Very good scoring and passing: Jrue Holiday

Elite passing, mediocre scoring: Rubio, Rondo

Ball is a taller Rondo but with a 3 point shot.  That makes a big difference.  He's got no mid-range game though because of his awkward shot mechanics that will make him very blockable if he ever gets guarded tightly on the perimeter.

I don't buy the hype.  Ball to LA, yes I see it.  Ball to Boston, no thanks, take the Levar Ball sideshow Circus elsewhere please.

I'll take the all-around 20ppg+ scorer in Fultz who can score from anywhere and run the pick n roll like a maestro, who also happens to be a gym rat, and can play either 1 or 2 for us.

Ball is strictly a 1 imo.  His offensive arsenal is too limited for him to ever play as an effective 2 guard at the NBA level.

Ball can't break down guys off dribble like Rondo.