Author Topic: Lets go Danny, make it happen!!  (Read 3027 times)

Lets go Danny, make it happen!!
« on: May 24, 2017, 08:44:07 AM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72

Re: Lets go Danny, make it happen!!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 09:09:57 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
FULTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 09:14:50 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
He will trade the pick... As the playoffs showed They cant win with IT as the number #1 and #2 they dont have a steady hand to step up and score consistently...

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 09:42:56 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
He will trade the pick... As the playoffs showed They cant win with IT as the number #1 and #2 they dont have a steady hand to step up and score consistently...

I doubt it, if anything, him standing pat in the trade deadline convinces me that he is willing to be patient and not commit much money to anyone. Not to mention we can still go after another max (I believe, but correct me if i am wrong), while still keeping the 1st. I think our future is very bright

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 09:43:47 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557

trade the pick? The "pick" can take IT's place in due time. Can't win with IT yet trade the pick that would give us a replacement for eons? crazy pills. Who we gonna get? AD? if not AD forget trading the pick.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 10:11:02 AM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73

Not sure what you're watching. The playoffs are showing me that this team is definitely more than one player away and the Cavs and Warriors are on a whole other level. Absolutely no need to be shortsighted nor reactionary.  You make the pick.  You take Fultz.  Its almost a no brainer, in my opinion.

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 10:15:26 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Danny is not trading this pick. He has been waiting his whole tenure for this kind of player to build on. Meet foundation number 1 for the Celtics, Fultz....Unless Davis demands out on NO, nothing is going to happen with that pick...not Butler, not George and not Porzingis.

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 10:17:52 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

Not sure what you're watching. The playoffs are showing me that this team is definitely more than one player away and the Cavs and Warriors are on a whole other level. Absolutely no need to be shortsighted nor reactionary.  You make the pick.  You take Fultz.  Its almost a no brainer, in my opinion.

Yeah I'd say we're probably no better than the 4th-5th best team in the league. We have a long way to go to make it to the level of the Cavs or W's. Might as well stay the course in the Process..

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 10:19:20 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

It's the opposite.

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 10:23:43 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

Yeah I'd say we're probably no better than the 4th-5th best team in the league. We have a long way to go to make it to the level of the Cavs or W's. Might as well stay the course in the Process..
I could be wrong, but I also think the Cavs have a long way to go to be as good as GSW.

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 10:25:19 AM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
Danny is not trading this pick. He has been waiting his whole tenure for this kind of player to build on. Meet foundation number 1 for the Celtics, Fultz....Unless Davis demands out on NO, nothing is going to happen with that pick...not Butler, not George and not Porzingis.

EXACTLY.  If we had landed Durant, we dont deal the pick that year.  No Ray.  No KG that year most likely (bc its unlikely he would have been willing to accept the deal hoping Durant would be a star off the bat).  This year it's even MORE likely we keep it bc we can play at a high level and make the ECF and even have a chance at the finals while keeping the pick.

Fultz will be wearing green for a LONG time.

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 10:32:39 AM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73

EXACTLY.  If we had landed Durant, we dont deal the pick that year.  No Ray.  No KG that year most likely (bc its unlikely he would have been willing to accept the deal hoping Durant would be a star off the bat).  This year it's even MORE likely we keep it bc we can play at a high level and make the ECF and even have a chance at the finals while keeping the pick.

Fultz will be wearing green for a LONG time.

And not to mention that being a competitive team with young talents like Fultz and Brown allows you to develop them properly. That is, just because they are high picks they aren't handed the keys to the car and develop bad habits.  They have to earn their minutes, fight through veterans who have good habits and know how to win.   These guys will know how hard and smart they need to play to win well before their peers.  You stay the course because we're gonna be scary in three years. Downright scary.

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 12:48:52 PM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Fultz will wear green next season(s) and that is most likely 99%.

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 04:27:13 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Trade the pick?  LOL.  You're buying into the media talk too much.

Drafting Fultz will set us up for the next 10 years.

The only way you trade the pick would be if the Pelicans offered the Brow or if the Timberwolves offered KAT.  And neither of those are happening.

Welcome to Boston, Markelle!

PS If Fultz goes #1 overall, Washington will make history as the first college program to ever send two #1 overall picks to the pros in the same year!  Kelsey Plum #1 to the WNBA and Markelle Fultz #1 to the NBA.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 05:09:42 PM by vjcsmoke »