Author Topic: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly  (Read 2102 times)

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
« on: May 24, 2017, 07:25:30 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
The Good - We played a good first half and have a puncher's chance tomorrow. This proves we needed a star down the stretch of that game to score.

The Bad - Why didn't Stevens play Green? Why even play Zeller in a crucial part of the game?

The Ugly - Horford had 3 rebounds. I just don't understand how our starting PF\C gets only 3 rebounds. We just had stupid turnovers and should've won that game. No hack-a-Tristan when the C's were within striking distance instead of letting LBJ and Irving toast us each possession.

Re: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 07:29:52 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I agree on all of your points especially Zeller. I think the good could include Jerebko and his effort. He should have been playing all along. Maybe he should have started instead of Kelly. I still think they will win Thursday and make it tough on the Cavs. I am happy with their effort and this game we missed King of the 4th Quarter.

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 07:52:04 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Good points.

I would not put Lebron in the 'toasting us' category, though. Irving did whatever he wanted to us when the Cavs outscored us by 17 in the 3rd. Lebron only started scoring once the Cavs had a decent lead and were playing with confidence as a team.

Anybody who says Lebron had a good game simply did not watch quarters 1-3. Dude was a total front runner.

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 08:13:00 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
The Good: 1st half performance. Pretty much their most well rounded half of the playoffs

The Bad- 2 half offense. Brutal. Couldn't solve the Cavs switches and couldn't create shots like they did in first.

The Ugly- Marcus Smart. Had to figure this was coming from him after the 7/10, 27 pt game.

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 09:15:12 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
The good: our ball movement and balanced scoring was outstanding

The bad: Somehow, even with IT's absence on defense, Kyrie destroyed our vaunted perimeter defenders in the second half. Totally destroyed them.

The ugly: Marcus Smart couldn't hit the ocean. The only shot he made was an ugly off the glass shot from downtown.

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 09:16:14 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
I agree on all of your points especially Zeller. I think the good could include Jerebko and his effort. He should have been playing all along. Maybe he should have started instead of Kelly. I still think they will win Thursday and make it tough on the Cavs. I am happy with their effort and this game we missed King of the 4th Quarter.

Agreed. This was a game I felt we could have won if we had IT.

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 09:22:41 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
Yes we did miss IT. We needed a closer.

I'm not sure about Irving's ankle but I would test it next game.

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 09:29:13 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Yes we did miss IT. We needed a closer.

I'm not sure about Irving's ankle but I would test it next game.

It certainly must be swollen this morning. I would push him hard tomorrow night. Love also tweaked his back and was hobbling at the end of the 4th last night.

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 09:52:49 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
When it comes to defending Irving our bigs have to understand you have to meet Kyrie at the rim, not in the paint but at the rim. I know it's easier said than done but you have no chance if you ride his hip or trail him. You have to jump at the last possible moment. He is a great finisher and to do that against AB was devastating. If AB could've hit more of his shots and made Irving work on defense it may have been closer.

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 09:54:58 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
Our backcourt of Smart and AB were 2-12 from 3. That's your game right there.

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 10:15:43 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I thought it was a combo of things in the 2nd half. 

- Offense became sloppy.   Ball movement wasn't as crisp as the 1st half.  Shot selection became more poor.
- Cleveland clamped down much better defensively
- Cleveland got about as hot as you can get offensively
- Celtics looked a little gassed.  Cleveland controlled the tempo.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 10:40:05 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney

- Offense became sloppy.   Ball movement wasn't as crisp as the 1st half.  Shot selection became more poor.

Good point, at about the 3 min mark I said the C's look done. That's why you need someone who can just go get a basket with little effort.

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 11:33:55 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553

Good point, at about the 3 min mark I said the C's look done. That's why you need someone who can just go get a basket with little effort.

yup. cannot argue any of that
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 11:50:26 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983

yup. cannot argue any of that
I agree with all but maybe the gassed part. I felt like once Kyrie...I mean the cavs started chipping away at the lead, we started to tighten up under the pressure of trying to keep the lead. And then once they took the lead we tightened up even more and forced things due to the pressure of the cavs scoring at will. To start the game everything was free flowing and smooth but as the Cavs went off that slowly disappeared until we looked completely toast. Jacking up threes, smarts weird 2 pointers, KO missed layup, Horford forcing shots(granted they went in). Just thinking and trying too hard if that makes any sense, the team mentality was lost.

The good however is we played really well for about 48 mins: 2nd half of Game 3 + 1st half of Game 4. I am super excited to see what happens this summer