Poll

If the Celtics have to make this decision who do you move forward with

Fultz, Bradley, Hayward
36 (54.5%)
Thomas, Fultz, Hayward
30 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Poll: Which Core do you prefer  (Read 4656 times)

Re: Poll: Which Core do you prefer
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 02:34:24 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
My problem is who mentors Fultz if we trade IT. Who will be the PG while this 19 year old matures to an NBA player? Smart? Rozier?

I'm all for keeping Bradley to play along side Fultz, if Fultz is fact a true PG. The jury is still out on that.

We have IT for another year before the big decision has to be made, I'm not sure trading him will bring what some think it will. Let him do his job, then make him an offer based on what the organization see's as his future, hopefully he'll except the offer remaining a Celtic, because IMO he'd make a killer 6th man and into his 30's.

If he's set on being a starting PG, to sustain the myth created by the NBA media, let him go to a team that will start him and give him a full max contract. He'll start, and he'll have some big nights, and most likely against us lol, but his team will remain marginal.   

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 02:42:12 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I voted with Bradley for the financial concerns IT brings.

Bradley brings similar, if not equal, salary concerns.
I expect Bradley to reel in ~25 mil. I expect Thomas to be a max guy.
But relative to their performance, that would yield similar concerns, no?  Bradley also has a more sketchy history with injuries coming with that large chunk of money.

I personally like a future with Bradley a bit more, but that's only if the price is right.   At ~$25 mil, I have to let him walk.  I personally don't want IT at the max either.  I think/hope we should be able to get one of them for decent value when the time comes though and I'm happy with either at a fair price.
absolutely.

I didnt mean to imply the opposite.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 03:07:49 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Isaiah is simply better than Bradley, I will never prefer Bradley to Thomas. I'm surprised by the answers in this poll.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2017, 03:23:38 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Isaiah is simply better than Bradley, I will never prefer Bradley to Thomas. I'm surprised by the answers in this poll.

It could have more to do with age, money, defending position and fit more than over all talent.

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2017, 03:49:48 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
My problem is who mentors Fultz if we trade IT. Who will be the PG while this 19 year old matures to an NBA player? Smart? Rozier?

I'm all for keeping Bradley to play along side Fultz, if Fultz is fact a true PG. The jury is still out on that.

We have IT for another year before the big decision has to be made, I'm not sure trading him will bring what some think it will. Let him do his job, then make him an offer based on what the organization see's as his future, hopefully he'll except the offer remaining a Celtic, because IMO he'd make a killer 6th man and into his 30's.

If he's set on being a starting PG, to sustain the myth created by the NBA media, let him go to a team that will start him and give him a full max contract. He'll start, and he'll have some big nights, and most likely against us lol, but his team will remain marginal.   
The whole point of trading him now would be so we will get some value back, as opposed to letting him walk...in which case we get nothing.

We can always bring in older vets, ala Gerald Green, to help mentor these kids. Green signed with us because we are a contender but other vets are not so picky. Tony Allen is a possible FA and we could always grab an vet PG to help mentor Fultz.

Just remember that Fultz has the highest FLOOR out of anyone in this draft and out of anyone we have drafted in the last 2 decades. Having good mentors around him is a great thing but we should not lose a tremendous amount of value getting him a mentor for 3-4 months.

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2017, 03:50:42 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
IT is the superior talent, but within the confines of building a team, a terribly undersized offensive point guard who cannot play defense at all is never on anyone's checklist. IT's an anomaly, and it remains to be seen whether or not he can be a key component of a contending team, or if he's just a novelty who can score.

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 03:57:48 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
My core: Fultz, Jaylen Brown, D. Ayton, and whatever high prospect/picks we can get for the rest of the team........
And we own our own 2018 pick, which makes trading the other players not listed not so bad of an option considering we could have 2 top 5 picks.

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2017, 04:04:42 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Yeah, I found this shocking. Bradley is a good player, but IT is on another level.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2017, 04:12:28 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I like PG, Hayward and IT

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2017, 04:13:38 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Celtics core going forward ought to be Fultz, Smart, Crowder, Brown, Horford, Nets '18, and either Hayward or Thomas.

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2017, 02:01:38 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I voted with Bradley for the financial concerns IT brings.

Bradley brings similar, if not equal, salary concerns.
I expect Bradley to reel in ~25 mil. I expect Thomas to be a max guy.
But relative to their performance, that would yield similar concerns, no?  Bradley also has a more sketchy history with injuries coming with that large chunk of money.

I personally like a future with Bradley a bit more, but that's only if the price is right.   At ~$25 mil, I have to let him walk.  I personally don't want IT at the max either.  I think/hope we should be able to get one of them for decent value when the time comes though and I'm happy with either at a fair price.
absolutely.

I didnt mean to imply the opposite.
However big Bradley's next contract, I expect him to be able to produce at around this level for the next 5-6 years so even if the price is high, you know what you're paying for. I'm concerned about IT's ability to maintain this level of production. If IT starts to slip after 2 years on his new deal, that makes that deal much worse.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2017, 08:56:36 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111
It's a hard decision. With Thomas the offense is fantastic, but there maybe too many ball handlers.

Eh? No, you can't have too many ballhandlers.

On the other hand, Boston badly needs a player or two who can create shots off the dribble.

If I'm not mistaken, that is why they got Jaylen Brown. Given his youth, versatility, and stopper potential, acquiring Hayward makes less sense. Excellent chemistry with Crowder, and Crowder can guard bigger players while Brown can guard quicker ones. Crowder, btw, is one of the best shooters in the league at his position - he's the perfect complementary wing.

Wing is a strength going forward, especially as Brown matures into his game. He needs to play.

Given the other thing that Boston badly needs – defensive rebounding – it would be better to get a big than another wing, especially if you're already taking Fultz, who can play on or off the ball.

Bradley maybe the perfect fit for Fultz and Hayward. I'm leaning towards keeping Avery.

Bradley is a great fit for Fultz - he can check the opposing point and avoid having his size exploited.

Hayward? I'm lukewarm. You disrupt too much of what's working if you add him.

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2017, 08:59:14 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Why do I have to choose when they can just keep them all just by paying luxury tax?

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2017, 09:03:55 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Neither.
Fultz, Brown, Hayward.

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2017, 09:13:38 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79