Author Topic: Why did Kelly ONLY play 26 minutes??  (Read 4242 times)

Re: Why did Kelly ONLY play 26 minutes??
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 12:22:06 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Because he couldn't guard Kyrie.

I'm not defending KO, here, but in all honesty, few people can guard Irving, anyway :-\.

Yes...but when Irving sits ...bring in KO

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 12:23:17 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Why did Horford ONLY have 3 stinking rebounds in 37 minutes?  Why did Smart, a very strong and decent rebounding guard ONLY have 1 stinking rebound in 40 minutes?

Smitty77

Fans of several other teams noted that the way the Celtics are defending the Cavs are leading to more offensive rebounds. They rely on their bigs to help on D, box out, and need the guards to crash.

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 01:14:22 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Why did Horford ONLY have 3 stinking rebounds in 37 minutes?  Why did Smart, a very strong and decent rebounding guard ONLY have 1 stinking rebound in 40 minutes?

Smitty77

Fans of several other teams noted that the way the Celtics are defending the Cavs are leading to more offensive rebounds. They rely on their bigs to help on D, box out, and need the guards to crash.

Ha! If only the Cs rebounding woes could be blamed on their "style of play." They just plain suck at rebounding.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2017, 01:17:30 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

Smitty77

I saw Crowder just standing around below the rim while Smith grabs a rebound behind his back. That's simply inexcusasble.

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2017, 04:25:59 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Smitty77

Ha! If only the Cs rebounding woes could be blamed on their "style of play." They just plain suck at rebounding.

Rebounding woes can be summed up by more than the uninformed statement "they plain suck at rebounding"

The Celtics don't really have great technique, or awareness. Effort is player to player basis as well. However, defensive schemes play a factor as well. This is esp magnified in a switching defense, where the bigs are often put out of position due to requiring help.

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2017, 06:19:58 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

He has struggled with LeBron as well.

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 07:15:32 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Why did he only play 26 minutes?? I think the question should be why did he PLAY 26 minutes?
Guy was missing layups and open shots all game, couldn't fake anybody out and couldn't draw a foul on himself if his life depending on it.
He was getting out rebound all game, and just playing soft. Thats why he only played 26 minutes, which in my opinion was far too generous. Jonas should have gotten more minutes if anybody.

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2017, 07:27:35 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Smitty77

I saw Crowder just standing around below the rim while Smith grabs a rebound behind his back. That's simply inexcusasble.

ONE freaking play!!!  Jae was the ONLY Celtic rebounding last night.  He had 8!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2017, 07:30:17 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Why did he only play 26 minutes?? I think the question should be why did he PLAY 26 minutes?
Guy was missing layups and open shots all game, couldn't fake anybody out and couldn't draw a foul on himself if his life depending on it.
He was getting out rebound all game, and just playing soft. Thats why he only played 26 minutes, which in my opinion was far too generous. Jonas should have gotten more minutes if anybody.

Yes, shooting 50% is TERRIBLE:-)))  Yes, calling out Kelly for ONLY getting 5 rebounds in 26 minutes and NOT calling out Horford for only getting 3 rebounds in 27 minutes is perfectly logical!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2017, 07:32:08 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Are you being serious?  We could NOT have played Kelly AND substituted out other guards (fresh legs) to guard Kyrie?

I hope this is tongue in cheek!!

Smitty

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2017, 07:38:07 AM »

Offline Johnny Mic

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
Celtics seemed to win minutes with the starting lineup....why did we have to wait to see this combo again until 3 mins left in Q4?  KO rode the pine for the entire fourth, until 2:50 to play. 

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2017, 07:54:09 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
For those who missed it, my comment was a jab at the constant switching we do on picks.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2017, 07:58:03 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570

Yes, shooting 50% is TERRIBLE:-)))  Yes, calling out Kelly for ONLY getting 5 rebounds in 26 minutes and NOT calling out Horford for only getting 3 rebounds in 27 minutes is perfectly logical!!!!

Smitty77

I thought he looked pretty awful starting the second half. I can't remember exactly, but I do remember wanting Stevens to get him out. As I recall he had a few bad turnovers, missed some box out and easy shots.
Not blaming him for the losing, but thought he needed to be out. BUT, Zeller is never the answer. I do not get that at all.