Author Topic: Why did Kelly ONLY play 26 minutes??  (Read 4257 times)

Why did Kelly ONLY play 26 minutes??
« on: May 23, 2017, 10:59:10 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Why did KO only play 26 minutes?  Why did Zeller play AT ALL??  Why is Brad so afraid and hesitant of calling time outs during the runs of other teams???  Why did Smart play SO MUCH????

A LOT of questions!!!!

Smitty77

Re: Why did Kelly ONLY play 26 minutes??
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 11:04:20 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Why did KO only play 26 minutes?  Why did Zeller play AT ALL??  Why is Brad so afraid and hesitant of calling time outs during the runs of other teams???  Why did Smart play SO MUCH????

A LOT of questions!!!!

Smitty77

I agree with this 100%.  For whatever reason KO is having a good playoffs and his nifty moves around the rim give us a player with size that will move without ball.  I was screaming for Brad to put him back in

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 11:06:33 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
More important question: Would player any combination of Celtics players led to a different outcome?

I get the second guessing. My one criticism of Brad is that when things go bad he panics a little with his rotations and tries different combos to try an find an answer rather than simply riding his best players. That's the NCAA coach in him I think. But honestly Smart is the only guy who had even a little success guarding Irving and Olynyk is bad on defense. Theres no good answer

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 11:07:51 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
More important question: Would player any combination of Celtics players led to a different outcome?

I get the second guessing. My one criticism of Brad is that when things go bad he panics a little with his rotations and tries different combos to try an find an answer rather than simply riding his best players. That's the NCAA coach in him I think. But honestly Smart is the only guy who had even a little success guarding Irving and Olynyk is bad on defense. Theres no good answer

But playing Zeller which leds to big 3rd Q Cavs run was a disaster. Couldn't be much worse with Olynyk and he's much better offensively.

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 11:11:28 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
When Zeller entered the game, it was like waving the white flag. Nobody on this planet could have thought that was a good idea at the time.

The fact is, we just don't have any players who can take the ball to the hoop / create for themselves. Next year we may have 3 in IT, Fultz, and Hayward. We will take a hit on defense with that group, but it's not like our defense was awesome in the 2nd half - the Cavs shot like 80% lol

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 11:13:31 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Because he couldn't guard Kyrie.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 11:13:45 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

But playing Zeller which leds to big 3rd Q Cavs run was a disaster. Couldn't be much worse with Olynyk and he's much better offensively.

Oh I absolutely with the Zeller thing. He should honestly just stay in the locker room to remove any temptation Brad might have to play him. But the problem is he only played 2 minutes. He was far and away the only problem during that run.

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 11:14:16 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Why did Horford ONLY have 3 stinking rebounds in 37 minutes?  Why did Smart, a very strong and decent rebounding guard ONLY have 1 stinking rebound in 40 minutes?

Smitty77

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 11:21:11 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
How does a Celtics team that we expected to be good defensively this season allow the Cavs to shoot 60%?

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 11:31:05 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Why is my coffee cold??!!??  >:(

Wait, isn't this the all purpose thread for Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing while asking questions thread?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 11:37:06 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

Wait, isn't this the all purpose thread for ****ing while asking questions thread?

Yes. Yes it is.

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 11:40:04 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I'm not defending KO, here, but in all honesty, few people can guard Irving, anyway :-\.

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2017, 11:44:42 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I'm not defending KO, here, but in all honesty, few people can guard Irving, anyway :-\.
My point is that he shouldn't have been asked to :D
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2017, 11:57:02 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

My point is that he shouldn't have been asked to :D

That too ;D.

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 12:20:36 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

I dont think so. People have been clamoring for less Amir and yet he still played him.