Author Topic: Win or Lose....  (Read 2851 times)

Re: Win or Lose....
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 02:39:15 AM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Celtics will win the series, period, GO CELTICS!!!

I hope you're right - that'd be one of the best non-NBA Finals series wins in franchise history. I think it's an uphill battle to win three straight, but I like our odds a lot more right now than I did after the first two games.
71% from the field in the second half gave the win to the cavs, if they don't repeat that celtics chances to steal the series is highly probable, GO CELTICS!!!!

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 04:04:30 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Some weakess of the Cavs are getting exposed, plus at least Lebron is exerting more effort. The Cavs are taking us seriously, plus we earned respect from around the league.

This is just an icing for a very successful season in my eyes.
Agreed, the first two games were full of giggles and hand over their mouth whispers to each other on the bench and you know what they were saying "....these guys made it to the ECF?! This is going to be a effortless sweep what a joke!!"

The last couple games not so much. Those smiles been wiped off their faces. Lebron doesn't look so rested anymore. Kyrie actually saved his ass if he doesn't go off like he did we probably are sitting 2-2 right now. They are going to feel us coming out of the series you best believe it.

...and they say the east is weak.
Look how easy the Warriors have it on the West!

It always helps when Lady Zaza takes out the best player in the series.  That was straight from the Bill Laimbeer playbook.  Ugh. 

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 05:27:59 AM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
I think game 5 is a must win game for us. It is in obvious terms because if we don't we are out, but what I mean is that if we want the respect we deserve we atleast have to get this second game of the series to push Cleveland to game 6. Otherwise the narrative will still be the same, game 3 was a fluke, and Celtics dont belong anywhere near the Cavs.

That being said, if we do lose, as a fan of this team I wont be dissapointed and I know fully we have given the Cavs the best shot with what we have. The talent of the two teams obviously isnt close, but the heart and competitiveness is something the Celtics have an advantage on.

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2017, 06:23:00 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Win or lose

It has been a good season.

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2017, 06:56:05 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I think game 5 is a must win game for us. It is in obvious terms because if we don't we are out, but what I mean is that if we want the respect we deserve we atleast have to get this second game of the series to push Cleveland to game 6. Otherwise the narrative will still be the same, game 3 was a fluke, and Celtics dont belong anywhere near the Cavs.

That being said, if we do lose, as a fan of this team I wont be dissapointed and I know fully we have given the Cavs the best shot with what we have. The talent of the two teams obviously isnt close, but the heart and competitiveness is something the Celtics have an advantage on.
One game never determines anything, and I place no value in what other teams think of the Celtics.

That said, I FULLY AGREE with your 2nd paragraph, this is a team with great heart that showed the league something.  With just a bit more talent, I believe the Celts would have won this series, and rather handily.  The Cavs are a flawed team in that they are not great on defense.  GS is going to beat them in 6 or less.