Author Topic: Chris Mannix interesting Lakers - Bulls trade  (Read 4850 times)

Chris Mannix interesting Lakers - Bulls trade
« on: May 23, 2017, 07:37:29 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Chris Mannix asked who says no, after they draft Ball they offer Bulls Ingram, Russell & fillers for Butler and then wait a season for George.

Never been a huge fan of Ball but that team would cover most of his faults and is very interesting.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 08:20:00 PM by slightly biased bias fan »

Re: Chris Mannix interesting Lakers - Bulls trade
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 07:39:33 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Good trade for both sides.

A little risky with LA banking on getting George, but other than that it checks out.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 07:42:23 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
I think the Lakers could, and most importantly would be willing to, put together a very good package for a star like Butler or George.

I think if one of those guys was in LA they would feel confident they could get another to join them.  Not sure what their cap space is but if you are Indy or Chicago and you think you're​ going to lose your guy when the contract is up then a package of young Lakers isn't the worst return.  You could land a couple of nice building blocks in a deal like that.

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 07:46:24 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Going to have to find ways to get rid of Mozgov and/or Deng from their books.

And while Ball/Butler/George is a great trio, you also lose Russell, Ingram, and truthfully I think Bulls will want another piece of theirs, especially if they aren't giving up their #2 pick (Ball) for Butler.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 07:46:48 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Chris Mannix asked who says no, after they draft Ball they offer Bulls Ingram, Russell & fillers for Butler and then wait a season for George.

Never been a huge fan of Ball but that team would cover most of his faults and is a very interesting.

So Chicago becomes the 2016-2017 Lakers? 

Uh, no.

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 07:49:47 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Going to have to find ways to get rid of Mozgov and/or Deng from their books.

And while Ball/Butler/George is a great trio, you also lose Russell, Ingram, and truthfully I think Bulls will want another piece of theirs, especially if they aren't giving up their #2 pick (Ball) for Butler.

They'd be giving up two #2's actually, just not this year.

If LA gets PG13, then it's a good deal. If not, bad move.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 07:50:10 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Overpay for LAL. Better off trading the #2 and keeping Ingram & D.Russell.

Good basic strategy for LA though. Trade some youth to bring in All-Star to attract FAs.

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 07:50:19 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Never been a huge fan of Ball but that team would cover most of his faults and is a very interesting.

Uh, no.
... They tank(which is what they should do) and they get two prospects that arent really foundational guys, but they are both good prospects. It gives their directionless franchise direction.

The alternative, is to keep the band together and hope that Wade or Rondo ball out in the playoffs and they can maybe steal a round or 2.

Their young prospects are Zipser, and Cam Payne. That team has no future.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 07:53:13 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

Uh, no.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that Russell and Ingram might be better in the coming years than they were last year. That's an excellent rebuilding move for Chicago.

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 08:13:30 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Uh, no.
... They tank(which is what they should do) and they get two prospects that arent really foundational guys, but they are both good prospects. It gives their directionless franchise direction.

The alternative, is to keep the band together and hope that Wade or Rondo ball out in the playoffs and they can maybe steal a round or 2.

Their young prospects are Zipser, and Cam Payne. That team has no future.
So essentially you are saying the Bulls would be more inclined to tank than the Lakers. I can buy that. Magic wants a quick turnaround with signing PG as a FA in 2018.

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 09:06:15 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I like Turner.  Don't like this trade.

I don't know how interested Indy might be in IT.  Worth exploring.

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 09:16:10 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I could see Magic doing this. Ball dishing to Butler and George would be fun team. Alley oops to Nance. Return to Showtime. Plus they forfeit 1st puck to Sixers so tanking again not an option.

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 09:17:47 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
If it is correct that the Bulls required Brooklyn 2017 in any Butler trade proposal with us, why would they exempt the Lakers from including their "Ball" pick?

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 09:21:16 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Overpay for LAL. Better off trading the #2 and keeping Ingram & D.Russell.

Good basic strategy for LA though. Trade some youth to bring in All-Star to attract FAs.

I agree with Who here, but unclear if for the same reason.  I think LA would prefer DA Russell + Ingram if they are going to be getting Butler + George there.  And I think Chicago would prefer Lonzo Ball if they are going into rebuild.  Lonzo is an easy guy to start building a team with an identity around.  Get him some shooters and guys who can run the floor.  (He'd be perfect in Phoenix)
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 09:50:43 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
If it is correct that the Bulls required Brooklyn 2017 in any Butler trade proposal with us, why would they exempt the Lakers from including their "Ball" pick?
good point.

Russell and Ingram haven't lit the league on fire.  if I'm Chicago, If I don't get the #2 pick this year, that 'filler' in the deal better be Zubac, Nance and a future first at a minimum