Author Topic: Heat Close To Resolution With Chris Bosh For Cap Relief  (Read 4844 times)

Heat Close To Resolution With Chris Bosh For Cap Relief
« on: May 23, 2017, 06:51:13 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Chris Bosh and the Miami Heat are moving towards a resolution that will allow his salary to come off their salary cap without concern of it returning going forward.

Bosh failed a physical in the preseason after missing the final part of both the 14-15 and 15-16 seasons due to blood clots.

The Heat, NBA and NBPA have been working together on a resolution for Bosh's situation that will likely be a one-time allocation.

A return to the NBA by Bosh could have reinstated his cap hit to the Heat.

Bosh's contract expires after the 18-19 season.

The Heat had the right to apply to exclude Bosh's salary from their salary cap as soon as Feb. 9, the one-year anniversary from his last game played.

Bosh still has interest in resuming his playing career.

IRA WINDERMAN/SOUTH FLORIDA SUN SENTINEL

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246024/Heat-Close-To-Resolution-With-Chris-Bosh-For-Cap-Relief

It'll be interesting to see what team takes the plunge on what could be one of the bigger payoffs in recent memory.  Bosh is a capable shooter, who uses his BBIQ and positioning more than his athleticism to be effective. Not hard to imagine a world where he doesn't see a sharp decline.

Put him on one of the Texas teams like Houston, Dallas, or even San Antonio on a cheap contract and if he can stay healthy it'd be a borderline powershift.

Re: Heat Close To Resolution With Chris Bosh For Cap Relief
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 06:58:57 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
He's 33 years old and hasn't played for a very long time. His all-star level days are long gone. He has a serious health issue, he should just retire and enjoy life with his family. He has won his rings and made his money, what else does he have to play for?

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 07:09:19 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
He's 33 years old and hasn't played for a very long time. His all-star level days are long gone. He has a serious health issue, he should just retire and enjoy life with his family. He has won his rings and made his money, what else does he have to play for?

cavs will.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 07:10:01 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'd absolutely sign him.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 07:13:33 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Would not sign.

1. Hasn't played basketball in 2 years. He's done

2. He has re-occuring blood clots which is a serious problem

3. Young prospects at this point will contribute more at this point than unhealthy bosh who hasn't played in years

4. He's old now, retirement age

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 07:13:51 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

cavs will.

I didn't say nobody would sign him, I said why does he want to keep playing?

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 07:14:53 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
His condition is very serious, I would never sign him.

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 07:20:52 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
Not interested in seeing him die on the court. Other teams shouldnt want to either - save Chris Bosh from himself and dont sign him please.

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 07:20:53 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I'd absolutely sign him.
Me too.  I'm sure he's still a very good player.  As for the health concerns, that's for the doctors and Bosh to worry about.   If he wants to play, it may as well be in green.

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 07:21:50 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

cavs will.

Basketball is his life. Ever since he was little, Im sure it has been his number 1 passion. He probably loves the game.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 07:22:27 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

cavs will.

He's ultra-competitive, misses the game, and has seen other athletes play with the same condition.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 07:22:44 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Id imagine Boston would be more reluctant than most to take him on.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2017, 07:53:58 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

cavs will.

He's ultra-competitive, misses the game, and has seen other athletes play with the same condition.

I'm all for signing him, especially at a discounted rate. Boston also has some of the best hospitals in the world to keep him well monitored.

Just think the Texas teams make more sense since they all could use him and he from the lone star.

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2017, 08:03:04 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Don't expect any team to gamble a spot on this guy

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2017, 08:34:12 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

cavs will.

Basketball is his life. Ever since he was little, Im sure it has been his number 1 passion. He probably loves the game.

Hunter S. Thompson was shot out of a cannon. Maybe Bosh wants to go out on a HUGE dunk! WOw!!
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.