Author Topic: Heat Close To Resolution With Chris Bosh For Cap Relief  (Read 4869 times)

Re: Heat Close To Resolution With Chris Bosh For Cap Relief
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2017, 09:02:32 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

As for his condition, Serena Williams had blood clots. Multiple NHL players had blood clots. The clots themselves are completely treatable. It's Bosh's medication that is a concern, and his doctors want to put him on a similar treatment pattern to what has worked successfully in other sports. Basically, he'd take the medication on a schedule to ensure it wasn't in his body at Game time.

I really think that it's more complicated than that.  There was an excellent thread over at realgm discussing Bosh's case.  Most of the posters were physicians. It's really worth a read for those who are interested in his condition.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1471788#start_here

Wow. TP for the link. I'm, like, way smarter now.

Good info though. Yeah, I'd let the medical people decide, but after reading that, wouldn't even waste the time.

Chris Bosh should not play.

Mourning played after a kidney transplant with extra padding and protective whatnot, but jeez.  I mean, Bosh was always a finesse player, but he hits the floor once and it's over.

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2017, 02:04:20 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Its pretty obvious no team doctor will allow him to play. Kind of surprised that people on here thought a guy with recurring life threatening blood clots could play contact sport like.basketball

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2017, 02:15:04 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Its pretty obvious no team doctor will allow him to play. Kind of surprised that people on here thought a guy with recurring life threatening blood clots could play contact sport like.basketball
Haven't guys in other sports come back from similar incident? Not sure that basketball is more contact heavy than a sport like ice hockey.

If he does get the all clear (big if but who knows) I'd be keen on signing him.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)