Author Topic: How many players in the NBA would you trade Fultz for  (Read 5724 times)

Re: How many players in the NBA would you trade Fultz for
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2017, 11:00:55 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Towns, Giannis, Davis.

Listen, I get the argument that people make that Fultz may never be as good as say George or Butler, and that's true. He absolutely could fall short of that. But with Fultz there's a chance given his offensive skill and defensive potential that he ends up BETTER than either of them. To win in this league you need a top 10 player, Butler and George aren't that, Fultz could be, even if its only say a 10% chance. Then you have to factor in the fact that you control him for the next eight years essentially at a value contract. That's worth ALOT. Add those two factors together and I don't think you give it up for les than a TOP nba player.

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2017, 11:20:19 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Wow, some of you are way over the top.  I like Fultz but he's a very good, not great prospect.

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2017, 11:20:59 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
None...but before you grab your torches and pitchforks, let me try to explain.

Sure, on the surface, a trade for Davis, Towns or most anybody else that has been listed in this thread so far, sounds great...but none of them would be a 1 for 1 trade.

So in order to make it happen, we'd have to give up other core members of the team.  At the deadline, all the talk about Butler had us shipping out several players AND the Brooklyn pick which became Fultz.  Some of these players have provided us some really great moments in the playoffs so far.

This way, we get Fultz for FREE...and I'd rather find a place for him to grow and become the basketball player he is meant to be with as many of our core players as possible.  Adding him alone will be one of our best offseasons in the past decade...and if Hayward also joins the Celtics, next year will be just as exciting as this year has been.

Rak

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2017, 01:44:48 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
None...but before you grab your torches and pitchforks, let me try to explain.

Sure, on the surface, a trade for Davis, Towns or most anybody else that has been listed in this thread so far, sounds great...but none of them would be a 1 for 1 trade.

So in order to make it happen, we'd have to give up other core members of the team.  At the deadline, all the talk about Butler had us shipping out several players AND the Brooklyn pick which became Fultz.  Some of these players have provided us some really great moments in the playoffs so far.

This way, we get Fultz for FREE...and I'd rather find a place for him to grow and become the basketball player he is meant to be with as many of our core players as possible.  Adding him alone will be one of our best offseasons in the past decade...and if Hayward also joins the Celtics, next year will be just as exciting as this year has been.

Rak

You can't keep all those players forever. Some of them are going to leave anyway. They're only still here because they were drafted by Boston or they signed a crazy long-term under value contract (Crowder). They're going to have to trade at least one player and renounce a few more to add Hayward and their draft picks this year. So regardless of how you get a star, unless it's one making peanuts (such as one on a rookie deal) you're going to have to lose people. You can't keep everybody.

I would trade Fultz for Towns, Davis, Giannis, Kawhi, Green, Durant, maybe Thompson.

I would also deal the pick for LeBron even though he's already 32. That is because it would weaken the Cavs and basically we'd have a free path to the finals the next couple years at least.

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2017, 02:02:18 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
None..... because the ones that are worth mentioning are not available.

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2017, 02:32:42 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
None..... because the ones that are worth mentioning are not available.
exactly
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cY6x5KAxfLc&feature=youtu.be

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2017, 02:36:44 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
I would trade Fultz for James Harden. I'm left handed (like IT) so I have to pull for other Southpaws, especially the two Southpaw Gods Harden and Thomas. Bill Russell was also left handed. LeBron was left handed but switched to his right hand when he was young so he kind of betrayed the left handed community but he's still cool. I also taught myself how to shoot with my right hand years ago like LeBron but my left still feels more natural. The truth is though, that none of the trades discussed in this topic will happen barring a miracle and if they do we'll lose more than Fultz. People are already welcoming him to Boston so I'm sure he'd feel slighted if we traded him away for an established all star, though the Cavs did so for Kevin Love so who knows. I hope we keep Fultz as he has incredible upside.
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄