Author Topic: How many players in the NBA would you trade Fultz for  (Read 5753 times)

Re: How many players in the NBA would you trade Fultz for
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2017, 06:11:19 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
You have to look at the Wiggins-Love trade as a primer.  Love was probably a top-15 player at the time of the trade.

I would say Fultz could go for anyone on the 3 All-NBA rosters, minus those over 30 years of age (save Lebron).

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2017, 06:13:32 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Lebron, Durant, Kawhi, Anthony Davis, and Giannis are the 5 no-brainers for me.
Id also do Towns, Harden and probably Steph.

So 8 guys.

On the outside looking in, Id include Paul George, Draymond Green, Ben Simmons, Nikola Jokic
Simmons is Lamar Odom without a jumper

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2017, 06:15:23 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Lebron, Durant, Kawhi, Anthony Davis, and Giannis are the 5 no-brainers for me.
Id also do Towns, Harden and probably Steph.

So 8 guys.

On the outside looking in, Id include Paul George, Draymond Green, Ben Simmons, Nikola Jokic
Simmons is Lamar Odom without a jumper
Hes a similar level talent to Fultz.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2017, 06:22:11 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Well, it would be interesting to say if it's just a "who's better (or will be) or you take into account the contract.

Fultz will be cost controlled for some years and that's an added value to keep him against non-rookie scale players.

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2017, 06:34:03 PM »

Offline Eric_Suede

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
Ohh Boy, Here you guys go again over valuing unproven young 19 year old kids!! Guys stop it. Almost every kid who'll be a first rounder has "potential". This draft may be deep but quit acting as if there's a Tim Duncan , Shaq  or Bird in this draft. Some guy that's going to come in immediately and turn the franchise around.  Keep in mind guys I can almost guarantee the Nets will suck again next season and we're going to get a high draft pick in next years draft as well. Many of you were the same ones equating Gerald Green to Tracy Mcgrady or prior to this year acting as if Jaylen Brown is the 2nd coming of prime Ricky Davis.

My point is this.... Even if Fultz is the real deal (which is not a guarantee, his college team sucked) It's going to take him a few years to reach that potential. I want to take the next step and win now so to answer the question... If trading the #1 pick can land us a bonafide star who we can count on to get us 20ppg a night. We should DO IT with no hesitation. Wait for next year's stud to come out the draft. Especially if we can get a big man ie .. If New Orleans decides to give up on the Cousins/Davis duo prematurely. If #1 pick can land us Cousins DO IT. you guys get my meaning.

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2017, 06:41:20 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Ohh Boy, Here you guys go again over valuing unproven young 19 year old kids!! Guys stop it. Almost every kid who'll be a first rounder has "potential". This draft may be deep but quit acting as if there's a Tim Duncan , Shaq  or Bird in this draft. Some guy that's going to come in immediately and turn the franchise around.  Keep in mind guys I can almost guarantee the Nets will suck again next season and we're going to get a high draft pick in next years draft as well. Many of you were the same ones equating Gerald Green to Tracy Mcgrady or prior to this year acting as if Jaylen Brown is the 2nd coming of prime Ricky Davis.

My point is this.... Even if Fultz is the real deal (which is not a guarantee, his college team sucked) It's going to take him a few years to reach that potential. I want to take the next step and win now so to answer the question... If trading the #1 pick can land us a bonafide star who we can count on to get us 20ppg a night. We should DO IT with no hesitation. Wait for next year's stud to come out the draft. Especially if we can get a big man ie .. If New Orleans decides to give up on the Cousins/Davis duo prematurely. If #1 pick can land us Cousins DO IT. you guys get my meaning.
#1 picks dont really get traded.

Cleveland traded Wiggins when Lebron basically demanded that they get Love.

Thats the only real precedent.

KG trade--> didnt get Fultz level prospect
Melo trade-->didnt get Fultz level prospect
Dwight Howard trade-->didnt get Fultz level prospect
Deron Williams trade-->didnt get Fultz level prospect
you name the trade, they didnt get  Fultz level prospect.

Last time a Fultz level prospect got traded it was the forced Love deal, where Wiggins got traded for a 25 year old all star, who was 2nd team all-NBA and had just averaged 26/13/4 for the season while shooting 38% from 3.

These type of prospects dont get traded for fringe all-stars.

Also, if Ainge wanted Cousins, he could have gotten him for far less than the number 1 overall pick at the deadline. Let that one go.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2017, 06:43:28 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

#1 picks dont really get traded.

Cleveland traded Wiggins when Lebron basically demanded that they get Love.

Thats the only real precedent.

KG trade--> didnt get Fultz level prospect
Melo trade-->didnt get Fultz level prospect
Dwight Howard trade-->didnt get Fultz level prospect
Deron Williams trade-->didnt get Fultz level prospect
you name the trade, they didnt get  Fultz level prospect.

Last time a Fultz level prospect got traded it was the forced Love deal, where Wiggins got traded for a 25 year old all star, who was 2nd team all-NBA and had just averaged 26/13/4 for the season while shooting 38% from 3.

These type of prospects dont get traded for fringe all-stars.

Also, if Ainge wanted Cousins, he could have gotten him for far less than the number 1 overall pick at the deadline. Let that one go.
actually the kg trade to the nets got us fultz level talent

It got us fultz

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2017, 06:49:15 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Many of you were the same ones equating Gerald Green to Tracy Mcgrady or prior to this year acting as if Jaylen Brown is the 2nd coming of prime Ricky Davis.

Wait, what? Your first comparison makes it seem like we overrate our young players, but your 2nd one contradicts that. I liked Ricky Davis, but I REALLY hope and think Jaylen will be better. There are literally 100 other examples you could have used to make your point other than generic brand Butler.

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2017, 06:58:15 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
KAT and Zinger for me....that's it.

Davis scares me like Griffin scares me, but maybe not to that extent. He just seems fragile to me, even though his games missed don't come close to griffin.

KAT and Zinger will be in the league a LONG time.

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2017, 07:01:17 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
There are 7 players I would trade Fultz for without hesitation: Giannis, KAT, Kawhi, Durant, Lebron, Jokic, AD. Then there are several that I'd probably trade him for, but it wouldn't be a no-brainer. For example Westbrook is awesome and Fultz will probably never be as good as him, but when you factor in rookie-scale vs max salary, it's not obvious who has more value to the Celtics.

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2017, 07:06:16 PM »

Offline Kaz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 73
actually the kg trade to the nets got us fultz level talent

It got us fultz
Zing!

For me, it's Kawhi, LeBron, Giannis, Davis, KAT or Durant.  And I highly doubt any of them are on the market.

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2017, 07:10:00 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Davis scares me like Griffin scares me, but maybe not to that extent. He just seems fragile to me, even though his games missed don't come close to griffin.

You don't walk to Anthony Davis...you RUN to Anthony Davis.  Add him to this core and they are immediately a Finals team.

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2017, 07:32:40 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

You don't walk to Anthony Davis...you RUN to Anthony Davis.  Add him to this core and they are immediately a Finals team.

He hasn't played a full season yet, in effect injured every year.

Has missed 75 games in 5 years.

Love the guy....perfect fit...he'd cost a lot more than Fultz...I agree that you add him to the core and we are Finals candidates.....but it's going to cost us a chunk (at least 2 of Bradley, Brown, Smart, Crowder) of the core.

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2017, 10:54:29 PM »

Offline Eric_Suede

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
Many of you were the same ones equating Gerald Green to Tracy Mcgrady or prior to this year acting as if Jaylen Brown is the 2nd coming of prime Ricky Davis.

Wait, what? Your first comparison makes it seem like we overrate our young players, but your 2nd one contradicts that. I liked Ricky Davis, but I REALLY hope and think Jaylen will be better. There are literally 100 other examples you could have used to make your point other than generic brand Butler.

Like I said at the end of my post , "you guy's know what I mean". Every year on this board folk act as if our young players are absolutely amazing and untradeable. Fact is we need more scoring. We're playing great team ball and good defense these last 2 games but as you saw in the 2nd half of this game tonight we need another scorer. Fultz is 19. We have enough young players and we also have draft & stash in Guerschon Yabusele and zizic. If we get Fultz .... cool but our focus should be on getting to the next level. Thinking a 19yr old will do that is ridiculous. If we can get an all-star for the first pic. DO IT. You guys have too much faith in these youngins.

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2017, 10:58:26 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
LeBron, Kawhi, Curry, Durant, Davis, Towns, Giannis.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers