Author Topic: Fultz for Wiggins  (Read 4463 times)

Fultz for Wiggins
« on: May 23, 2017, 05:08:39 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Would you do it? Wiggins plays a position of need; and the Hyphen is the star of the future for Minnesota. Besides, they have Zach LaVine. Maybe Minnesota could also give us a drat pick. Rubio isn't their PG of the future.

Re: Fultz for Wiggins
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 05:13:09 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Would you do it? Wiggins plays a position of need; and the Hyphen is the star of the future for Minnesota. Besides, they have Zach LaVine. Maybe Minnesota could also give us a drat pick. Rubio isn't their PG of the future.

Not even close... Wiggins has been a major disappointment in the NBA. Minnesota would have to throw in their lottery pick this year to even start that conversation.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 05:15:31 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
How has Wiggins disappointed?

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 05:25:57 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Wiggins doesn't cover a position of need. We have Crowder, JB and possibly Hayward. Neither has he disappointed, by the way.

I don't make this trade.

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 05:26:02 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I wouldn't do it. Wiggins has a chance to be a prolific scorer in this league, and if I'm correct he is quite decent on the defensive end as well. As far as other aspects of the game are concerned, he isnt much of a play maker or a rebounder.

Fultz has a chance to be dominant at all aspects of the game, similar to what Chris Paul is.

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 05:29:50 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

He projected as being close to an NBA ready defender as a rookie because of his body size and athletic skills. Not only was he a horrible defender, he has shown next to no improvement in that area in his first couple of seasons. He also hasn't really improved other aspects of his game either. There is still time for him to get better, but he was projected as a sure fire all-star and I am not sure he will ever make it.

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 05:30:33 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I wouldn't call him a major disappointment but it is disappointing that he is a lousy defender even with Thibs coaching.  Wiggins only has 1 year left on his rookie contract.  I wouldn't trade Fultz for him. 

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 05:33:17 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

Not even close... Wiggins has been a major disappointment in the NBA. Minnesota would have to throw in their lottery pick this year to even start that conversation.
Not at all. He has already shown he can be an elite scorer at 22 years old, the hardest skill to find in the NBA. He has been weak in other areas though so far like rebounding, playmaking, and defense, but he has improved steadily each year. I watched a lot of wolves games this year, and down the stretch in close games, he is the team’s primary ball handler. He was able to create with terrible spacing around him too. Not saying I would trade Fultz for him, but Wiggins would be a beast with guys like AB, Horford, and IT around him.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 05:37:39 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

He projected as being close to an NBA ready defender as a rookie because of his body size and athletic skills. Not only was he a horrible defender, he has shown next to no improvement in that area in his first couple of seasons. He also hasn't really improved other aspects of his game either. There is still time for him to get better, but he was projected as a sure fire all-star and I am not sure he will ever make it.
He is still a bad off ball and team defender, but he has certainly improved his on ball and 1 on 1 defense. He guards the other teams best wing player, and does a pretty good job of it. And to say he hasn’t improved other aspects of his game, you just clearly haven’t watched Wiggins. His shot creation and ball handling is much better than it was in the beginning of his career, as well as his post game.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 05:41:50 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Ugh.  No way.  I wouldn't trade Smart for Wiggins.

I wouldn't trade Fultz for Wiggins AND Lavine.

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 06:04:32 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Not at all. He has already shown he can be an elite scorer at 22 years old, the hardest skill to find in the NBA. He has been weak in other areas though so far like rebounding, playmaking, and defense, but he has improved steadily each year. I watched a lot of wolves games this year, and down the stretch in close games, he is the team’s primary ball handler. He was able to create with terrible spacing around him too. Not saying I would trade Fultz for him, but Wiggins would be a beast with guys like AB, Horford, and IT around him.

I more meant his passing and rebounding and defense rather than improving his scoring ability which he was already great at. I mean the guy just finished his 3rd season and hasn't sniffed the all star game. He also hasn't even been in contention for a playoff spot in his first 3 seasons despite playing with a fellow top level prospect in Towns. His career and development have certainly been disappointing from being a superstar when drafted. Didn't really think that was debatable.

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2017, 11:54:04 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd trade C's 2018 1st, Crowder and AB for Wiggins, and Hill. Thibs gets much needed toughness.

C's
IT, Hayward, Wiggins, Hill, Horford.
Fultz, Smart, Brown, Yab, Zizc.
Rozier, Nader, .....

Wolves
Rubio, AB, Crowder, Dieng, KAT
Jones, Dunn, LaVine, Cole, Pek

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2017, 11:57:44 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I wouldn't do it. Wiggins has a chance to be a prolific scorer in this league, and if I'm correct he is quite decent on the defensive end as well.As far as other aspects of the game are concerned, he isnt much of a play maker or a rebounder.

Fultz has a chance to be dominant at all aspects of the game, similar to what Chris Paul is.
You are incorrect
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2017, 12:14:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
No thanks. Fultz will probably eclipse Wiggins in almost every aspect.

Wiggins is a good scorer, but is frankly average to poor at most else. He could develop into a decent defender one day, and honestly should with his athleticism and length. But at this stage of his career, it's definitely a no.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2017, 12:24:17 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
Ugh.  No way.  I wouldn't trade Smart for Wiggins.

I wouldn't trade Fultz for Wiggins AND Lavine.

I bet every GM in the league would trade Smart for Wiggins