Author Topic: Fultz is 2nd longest PG...EVER from lotto  (Read 14388 times)

Re: Fultz is 2nd longest PG...EVER from lotto
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2017, 04:38:38 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I don't think you have a problem AT ALL with Markelle Fultz' work ethic.

Just check out his workout routine:
https://youtu.be/uza9-7A6mNk

Mixed discipline training:
Swimming, Boxing, Weight Room, and of course Basketball Gym training.

You see him working on his agility, core, strength, ball handling, and shooting.

Work ethic is the LEAST of my concerns with Markelle Fultz.  The guy loves to train, practice, and improve.  In other words: gym rat.

« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2017, 04:45:11 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I don't think you have a problem AT ALL with Markelle Fultz' work ethic.

Just check out his workout routine:
https://youtu.be/uza9-7A6mNk

Mixed discipline training:
Swimming, Boxing, Weight Room, and of course Basketball Gym training.

You see him working on his agility, core, strength, ball handling, and shooting.

Work ethic is the LEAST of my concerns with Markelle Fultz.  The guy loves to train, practice, and improve.  In other words: gym rat.
His work ethic has never been questioned. His effort/motor in games have, however -- both offensively and (especially) defensively. These are not the same thing.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2017, 04:58:00 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
well.. KI is a SG in PG's body(a bad thing) and Rubio is.. not that good
and Wall can't even beat a short version of Fulz in IT
so give me Fulz everyday!

I like Fultz a lot as a PG too (he's my slight preference at #1 overall right now).  I was just stating that Ball isn't a SG, he's a very very pure PG.

I dunno. I was just watching the UCLA vs Wash. game video. UCLA the better team. Fultz looks like Curry to me, Ball like KT. Fultz more quickness, especially in the paint. Ball longer. Likes to gun the 3. Fultz more a penetrator, creator. And the kid is a year or two younger.

So I watched that entire game live.  It was a joke.  His team blew out Fultz' team by 40.  Lonzo barely cared except for a brief few minute stretch in the beginning of the second half.  Also, you might not realize that Lonzo led the nation in assists per game.

I'd recommend finding another game to watch if you want to get a good opinion on him, probably not any of his blowouts.  Some of his losses will bring attention to some of his shortcomings too that are worth seeing.

Hold on a sec.  You're calling Fultz "a year or 2 younger" than Lonzo?  Lonzo Ball is 19 years old, Fultz turns 19 years old in 5 days.  They are 6 months apart in age, which is basically negligible.  Are you just making random stuff up on the fly or am I being trolled here?
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2017, 05:15:48 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
That's all nice, but Fultz is not a PG.

He's always played the point and averaged 6 assists per game in college. He's a point guard. I think he can play both guards spots and maybe a little small ball 3 but he is a point guard.

That's not really true.  He played SG for large segments of his high school career.  And he played off-the-ball a lot at Washington in a very similar way that the Celtics use Thomas.  That is, they would move him around off-the-ball and try to get it back to him later for a shot or a play in motion.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2017, 05:33:34 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
That's all nice, but Fultz is not a PG.

He's always played the point and averaged 6 assists per game in college. He's a point guard. I think he can play both guards spots and maybe a little small ball 3 but he is a point guard.

That's not really true.  He played SG for large segments of his high school career.  And he played off-the-ball a lot at Washington in a very similar way that the Celtics use Thomas.  That is, they would move him around off-the-ball and try to get it back to him later for a shot or a play in motion.
I know combo guard can be a bad word but this is one of the nice things about Fultz.  He can be effective both on and off the ball.  He can drive and shoot.  Basically, he'd be able to fit onto any team and provide whatever is needed.  And unlike someone like smart, who isn't really a pg or sg, Fultz is actually both.

Compare him to someone like ball, who is most effective with thr ball in his hands.  That guy would be much more difficult to fit in team but others would have to adjust to him.

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2017, 05:38:26 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
its interesting to note that Dejonte Murray is of similar length. The spurs might just have another gem on their hands.

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2017, 10:09:11 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
well.. KI is a SG in PG's body(a bad thing) and Rubio is.. not that good
and Wall can't even beat a short version of Fulz in IT
so give me Fulz everyday!

I like Fultz a lot as a PG too (he's my slight preference at #1 overall right now).  I was just stating that Ball isn't a SG, he's a very very pure PG.

I dunno. I was just watching the UCLA vs Wash. game video. UCLA the better team. Fultz looks like Curry to me, Ball like KT. Fultz more quickness, especially in the paint. Ball longer. Likes to gun the 3. Fultz more a penetrator, creator. And the kid is a year or two younger.

So I watched that entire game live.  It was a joke.  His team blew out Fultz' team by 40.  Lonzo barely cared except for a brief few minute stretch in the beginning of the second half.  Also, you might not realize that Lonzo led the nation in assists per game.

I'd recommend finding another game to watch if you want to get a good opinion on him, probably not any of his blowouts.  Some of his losses will bring attention to some of his shortcomings too that are worth seeing.

Hold on a sec.  You're calling Fultz "a year or 2 younger" than Lonzo?  Lonzo Ball is 19 years old, Fultz turns 19 years old in 5 days.  They are 6 months apart in age, which is basically negligible. 

I thought the video guy said Ball was a sophomore, and Fultz was 19. Whatever, it's unimportant. He's still older, isn't he? No big deal.

You have to watch out for those Laker fans who know they are going to wind up with Ball.

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2017, 05:24:38 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Here is Fultz retweeting a video of IT at the end of our playoff series. He says "RESPECT"

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/868134873306992641