Author Topic: Just tell me one thing... If you guys are so interested in trading Fultz....  (Read 4610 times)

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
For a marginal star, when he's apparently supposed to be like a Brandon Roy, Damian Lillard, James Harden, type of player with his arsenal of moves, why would you trade someone like that for Jimmy Butler, or Paul George? KP? Really? I don't get it. Watch his videos... He has spin moves, hesitation moves, crossover moves and advanced offensive skills FAR beyond his age.... This guy is only 18!

And why can't you believe that if Markelle Fultz is supposed to be as good as advertised, why can't someone like him play psuedo-starting minutes? 20-28? And at least contribute somewhat?

If he's so good, or supposed to be, I can expect him to average 20-24 MPG, and put up at least 14 PPG, 5.0 APG, and 1.4 SPG.

I've constantly watched endless videos of him, and my impression is that he's deadly at penetrating, and has far better ball handling than most people think he does... If anything, he's a prodigy. At age 18, coming up from the abyss of JV, and disappointments, and pushing himself to eventually become the 1st pick in the NBA draft? This guy is going to be something special, and you guys wanna trade him for someone like Butler or PG13? Can you tell me why? I don't get why we can't put someone like Melo on our team, instead of giving up the 1st pick for Butler or George.

A future core of Smart, Fultz, Brown, and any of our young prospects could be the blueprint for a deadly back court, that just simply needs Ayton, and we would probably be the next super team everyone is clamoring for.

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Unless a Fultz trade brought back someone like Anthony Davis, it simply can't be done.

I don't think Ainge is stupid enough to let go of that pick.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Unless a Fultz trade brought back someone like Anthony Davis, it simply can't be done.

I don't think Ainge is stupid enough to let go of that pick.

23.2 PPG, 6.2 APG, 6.3 RPG, 1.6 SPG, and 1.3 BPG.

Those are video game numbers in any NCAA game.. This guy is only 18. I repeat... 18.

And he didn't get frustrated at being sent over JV.... His coaches speak volumes, and one of his closest friends expressed how much time and effort he spent into his game...

You don't find people like him with his story and pushing himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY6x5KAxfLc

I've seen people say trade it for KP/Butler.

No.

Thank you.

I like KP, but he is not worth the 1st, and he will never ever be as good as Fultz, if Fultz can prove that he can reach his ceiling.

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
For me it comes down to win now and for the next 5 years or win in 4 years for the next 10 years. If we weren't built to win now why did we sign Horford? We should've given that money to someone younger.

I just know when Ainge landed Allen and KG we were good for 5 years and could've easily won 3 titles.

Veteran teams win, young teams with potential get coaches fired.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Don't worry, wyc said a trade isn't happening. All the trade ideas on here are fantasy make belief that won't occur

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
When Ainge made the Pierce/KG trade, he never in his wildest dreams could have thought he would be this lucky. There is just no way he trades Fultz unless it's for Davis/Towns. We are the envy of every other NBA franchise outside of GSW/CLE.

If Chicago had the #1 pick, would we expect the Bulls to trade the #1 (Fultz), plus [apparently] other assets to us for IT? Of course not.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
For me it comes down to win now and for the next 5 years or win in 4 years for the next 10 years. If we weren't built to win now why did we sign Horford? We should've given that money to someone younger.

I just know when Ainge landed Allen and KG we were good for 5 years and could've easily won 3 titles.

So why can't you try to win now, get someone like Melo, upgrade the bench which already has Smart, Fultz, and Brown as young rookies dying to get the experience and run on the court to do so....

And we still have enough assets to get a good big man... I would keep the Brooklyn picks, and use everything else in our treasure trove of assets available for use.

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
I don't Fultz. I want a 5-6 year window of contention with Paul George who i'm not banking on Fultz being better than. I for one, wanted those BK picks with the pure intention of building a prime 27-28 year old super team to beat Lebron down and compete for titles. They were always just assets to me.

I want to go for it now with IT4 and Horford. Let's grab 2 stars and go for it, as long as our core is 27-28 i don't feel bad about being impatient. We're in the ECF right now, 2 stars with Jaylen and Fultz as the trade bait with BK 18 and i think we can add two prime stars. That is multiple title shots imo, i'm not afraid of that Cleveland team, especially with a Paul George and Hayward/Butler.

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
For a marginal star, when he's apparently supposed to be like a Brandon Roy, Damian Lillard, James Harden, type of player with his arsenal of moves, why would you trade someone like that for Jimmy Butler, or Paul George? KP? Really?
Both George and Butler are better players than Damian Lillard.

Online jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I would never trade Fultz for George or Butler, but KP is another story.
He is still VERY young, he would fit our system perfectly and plays a position where we need depth and also a position that is severely lacking talent in today's NBA. A dysfunctional Knicks team is getting great production out of him, imagine what Stevens could?
There are an abundance of guards in the NBA, we have an abundance already on our team. KP is a unique talent if the Knicks would trade him to us we would be crazy not to take it.

Thing is I don't think the #1 would be enough for KP.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
For a marginal star, when he's apparently supposed to be like a Brandon Roy, Damian Lillard, James Harden, type of player with his arsenal of moves, why would you trade someone like that for Jimmy Butler, or Paul George? KP? Really?

Fultz has a chance of becoming a Damian type of player plus two way capabilities..

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Primarily to lure Durant which unfortunately didn't work.

Al was the 2nd best FA on the market after Durant.  There was no one else on the market worth giving that money to.  He's been a major upgrade for our frontcourt.  We weren't going to contend by just adding him but we did make a definite step in the right direction.

unless there's a significant impact to the talent in GSW and Cleveland this offseason AND Boston lands a top FA (that fills a glaring need) as well as swings a deal with it's other non-Brooklyn assets, we're not going to win next year either in all likelihood.

However, adding a Fultz to the backcourt to go with IT, AB, Smart and Rozier as well as adding Zizic to the frontcourt and another year of development by Brown, we can be at that tier just below GSW/Cleveland if we can add a solid frontcourt vet or 2 to go with Horford and that's the likeliest outcome this summer.

I'd rather contend for a decade than flameout in 2-3 years without ever really being close enough to contend against GSW and Cleveland.  Unless Fultz brings Anthony Davis back in a trade, moving Fultz isn't likely to get us the player we need to get to that level.

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown

Fultz has a chance of becoming a Damian type of player plus two way capabilities..
I mean, so did Damian Lillard ...right?

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown

Primarily to lure Durant which unfortunately didn't work.

Al was the 2nd best FA on the market after Durant.  There was no one else on the market worth giving that money to.  He's been a major upgrade for our frontcourt.  We weren't going to contend by just adding him but we did make a definite step in the right direction.

unless there's a significant impact to the talent in GSW and Cleveland this offseason AND Boston lands a top FA (that fills a glaring need) as well as swings a deal with it's other non-Brooklyn assets, we're not going to win next year either in all likelihood.

However, adding a Fultz to the backcourt to go with IT, AB, Smart and Rozier as well as adding Zizic to the frontcourt and another year of development by Brown, we can be at that tier just below GSW/Cleveland if we can add a solid frontcourt vet or 2 to go with Horford and that's the likeliest outcome this summer.

I'd rather contend for a decade than flameout in 2-3 years without ever really being close enough to contend against GSW and Cleveland.  Unless Fultz brings Anthony Davis back in a trade, moving Fultz isn't likely to get us the player we need to get to that level.
I disagree with the bolded.

we signed him primarily because he is a Brad Stevens wet dream who "was the 2nd best FA on the market" who played a position of massive need.

The fact that he kept us in the game for KD was a great bonus, but I believe we would have gone after Al hard even if KD wasnt on the table.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

And they're better than Roy was, too.

I don't want to trade the pick, but in a vacuum if you can trade Lillard for George, you do it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes