Author Topic: IT for Saric?  (Read 6973 times)

IT for Saric?
« on: May 23, 2017, 11:40:02 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
We' ve already talked about AB for Saric and many posters seem to believe it would probably be a fair trade for both teams. How about IT for Saric? Draftexpress has the Sixers drafting Jackson at #3 so it's highly likely they 'll still be in need of a point guard on draft night. With Simmons coming back healthy, it's only logical to assume that Saric won't be their starting PF for the future.

IT for Saric straight up

The C's move on from Amir (and free up enough cap space to go after Hayward) and the Sixers get a starting point guard who can finally lead their young team to the playoffs (just like he did in Boston).

IT
3+D shooting guard
Jackson
Simmons
Embiid

That's definitely a playoff team in my book (and a fun team to watch as well).

If Danny decides to trade IT, could we get a better return than Saric? To put it another way, would you rather have Saric or a mid/late lotto pick (let's say #9 from Dallas)?

Re: IT for Saric?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 11:45:36 AM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
i had an idea back in december, IT for their pick+Noel. No one would do that trade but i think it would have been good for both teams.

And for your trade, i say that because of contact situation IT is not worth more. It's realistic but i don't think Sixers would do it. They will want to give max money to Simmons and Embiid in few years. So i don't think they would want to pay IT long term.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 11:47:17 AM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
I like Saric a lot. I think he will fit in well here and eventually become fan favorite.

I dont love the idea of dropping from the 1 seed to probably the 7 or 8 seed.

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 11:50:28 AM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
i had an idea back in december, IT for their pick+Noel. No one would do that trade but i think it would have been good for both teams.

And for your trade, i say that because of contact situation IT is not worth more. It's realistic but i don't think Sixers would do it. They will want to give max money to Simmons and Embiid in few years. So i don't think they would want to pay IT long term.
That would have been a terrible trade.

Philly, at the time had Embiid, correct? and Im not sure how the swap rights transfer, but SacTown was still somewhat in the race for the 8th spot.

With Thomas and Embiid, Philly would have had a very good chance at chasing down that 8 seed.

We would have gotten SUBSTANTIALLY worse and would have been forced to give Noel huge money to keep him. I hate this trade as much now as Im sure this blog hated it 4 months agol.

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 12:01:44 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
Thomas and Bradley are not going to be pursued by any team that isn't ready to win now because those two are not going to re-sign with a rebuilding team. Smart is the only player whose contract is up that might be desired by a bad team because he'll be a restricted free agent and he's young enough and unproven enough to consider staying on a bad team he'll get to start on.

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 01:54:34 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Saric isn't near enough value for IT. If a Saric for Bradley trade makes sense then an IT for Saric deal has to be bad for Boston, since IT is more valuable than Bradley.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 02:02:00 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
This Saric fascination is the weirdest and most inexplicable phenomenon I've ever encountered on this board.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 02:08:34 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
A Simmons/IT backcourt with IT as the 2.  That would be interesting.

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 02:10:12 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I'd do IT for Saric and 3.  Might even throw in someone else like Yabu
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 02:17:58 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
This Saric fascination is the weirdest and most inexplicable phenomenon I've ever encountered on this board.

Yes. Is this some part of really extended gag by one or two posters together? He is a really nice bench player or perhaps an average starter if everything breaks right. Most Philly fans are thinking about ways to make him the bench scorer facilitator. He also only put up some big numbers in the last 3rd of the season when literally 25% of the league was tanking. During this same time players like Skal Labassiere, WCS and Buddy Hield put up really big numbers in meaningless game also. Why we would consider giving up a 2x all-star for a role player really has me scratching my head.

Also do people realize he has played professionally for years and is already 23? He obviously isn't old, but he is a full 3 years older than someone like Jaylen Brown. Someone please explain this phenomenon to me.

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 02:20:54 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Nah, Philly loses that trade.  IT for Isaiah Canaan is more realistic, both sides win. Boston could add sweetener as needed.

Yeah, it's getting a little weird.  He does wear a cleft lip darn well, though.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 02:31:01 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Why would the sixers give up their prime possession for a burned out injured max-wanting rental?

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2017, 02:33:16 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Yes. Is this some part of really extended gag by one or two posters together? He is a really nice bench player or perhaps an average starter if everything breaks right. Most Philly fans are thinking about ways to make him the bench scorer facilitator. He also only put up some big numbers in the last 3rd of the season when literally 25% of the league was tanking. During this same time players like Skal Labassiere, WCS and Buddy Hield put up really big numbers in meaningless game also. Why we would consider giving up a 2x all-star for a role player really has me scratching my head.

Also do people realize he has played professionally for years and is already 23? He obviously isn't old, but he is a full 3 years older than someone like Jaylen Brown. Someone please explain this phenomenon to me.

It's mind-boggling. I read Liberty Ballers occasionally, but I always tend to read it a bit more when the draft rolls around. Saric is universally viewed as a bench player over there. Why Celtics fans are convinced he's some star is baffling.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2017, 02:40:48 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
IT isnt getting traded while recovering from surgery. Regardless of whether or not it was wise to trade him preinjury (hint: it wasnt), the injury removes the possibility of him getting traded this offseason.

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2017, 02:43:06 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Nah, Philly loses that trade.  IT for Isaiah Canaan is more realistic, both sides win. Boston could add sweetener as needed.

Yeah, it's getting a little weird.  He does wear a cleft lip darn well, though.

I'm thinking we could throw in our BKN 2018 pick with IT for Canaan. That would make it fair.

As for a Saric obsession on this board, have we already forgotten about the Okafor obsession?

Mike