Poll

If the C's sign Hayward, do you trade AB, Jae, Rozier and BK18 for Butler?

YES!
1 (9.1%)
No way!
9 (81.8%)
Even if we don't sign Hayward I do that
1 (9.1%)
Rather save those assets for someone different
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: If the C's sign Hayward/Possible Butler trade  (Read 1242 times)

If the C's sign Hayward/Possible Butler trade
« on: May 23, 2017, 11:39:40 AM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Just saw this on twitter. Felt it was an overpay to start but when i broke it down it started to make sense.

IF WE SIGN HAYWARD FIRST

AB, Jae, Rozier and BK18 for Jimmy Butler

Why?
1. AB has one more year left on his deal and will get PAID next offseason. Like I'm guessing about 5-6 million more than Butler makes right now. Don't get me wrong, I love AB. His heart and Celtic pride have been amazing for the past almost decade. But, his value is almost as high as it will ever be so you gotta think about what you can get.

2. Jae is not the player he used to be but he does still have a lot of value due to contract and shooting. Moving Jae would also open up more minutes for Brown.

3. Terry is gone anyways if we draft Fultz (PLEASE DANNY)

4. Mark my words, the brooklyn pick next year is not going to be that good (barring injuries). We saw how well the Nets played when healthy. Now theyve had another year to gel and are adding multiple first rounders this year. My guess is the pick is somewhere from 8-13. I think this is the highest value the pick will have unless they win the lottery.

5. Having Jimmy on his great deal opens up more money to pay the little guy and Marcus

So at the end of the game you can trot out a lineup of:
IT/Fultz/Jimmy/Hayward/Horford

Thats talent

Re: If the C's sign Hayward/Possible Butler trade
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 11:41:27 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Rather get pg13, much better shooter and can play some of.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 11:45:51 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Way too much for Butler.  I don't think Hayward and Butler on a gutted Celtics team wins anything.

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 11:58:51 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Way too much for Butler.  I don't think Hayward and Butler on a gutted Celtics team wins anything.

I wouldn't say, gutted, but I'm going to change the OP's lineup a bit.

IT, Butler, Brown, Hayward, Horford with a bench of Fultz, Yabu, Zizic, and others.

What does the Hayward signing due to cap situation?  Will we have anything left for vet signings?
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 11:59:03 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
"4. Mark my words, the brooklyn pick next year is not going to be that good (barring injuries). We saw how well the Nets played when healthy. Now theyve had another year to gel and are adding multiple first rounders this year. My guess is the pick is somewhere from 8-13. I think this is the highest value the pick will have unless they win the lottery."

OK Im going to mark down these words.  You think there will be 8-12 teams worse then the Nets next year?  I honestly would like to see why you think this.... like can you actaully explain this thinking becasue it's kind of a crazy idea to think they will jump that high ... what are you basing that on?

I think the Nets are going to suck and will definitely be a bottom 5 team.

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 12:04:06 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Mark mine.

No way there are around 10 teams worse than the Nets next year. First of all, they are going to trade Lopez and Lin if they can have some value back to build a young core and tank in 2018-2019.

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 12:17:55 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Gutted? If we acquired those 2, AB and Jae would play very little unless there were injuries. Trading them away would make perfect sense, be it in a trade for Butler or some other way.

But that aside, I wouldn't do it. Makes no sense to acquire 2 guys with huge contracts who play the same position, with the young guards we'll have in addition to them.

IMO the Nets '18 pick is gold and I wouldn't trade it. It's going to be a top 5 pick in a C/PF heavy draft.

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 12:21:47 PM »

Offline Rich

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12

IT, Butler, Brown, Hayward, Horford with a bench of Fultz, Yabu, Zizic, and others.

What does the Hayward signing due to cap situation?  Will we have anything left for vet signings?

Smart also off the bench...not too bad if that is the route we decide by cashing in and moving some guys
Let’s go Celtics!!

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 12:27:25 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Smart also off the bench...not too bad if that is the route we decide by cashing in and moving some guys

Great point, forgot about Smart.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 12:27:48 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Just saw this on twitter. Felt it was an overpay to start but when i broke it down it started to make sense.

IF WE SIGN HAYWARD FIRST

AB, Jae, Rozier and BK18 for Jimmy Butler

Why?
1. AB has one more year left on his deal and will get PAID next offseason. Like I'm guessing about 5-6 million more than Butler makes right now. Don't get me wrong, I love AB. His heart and Celtic pride have been amazing for the past almost decade. But, his value is almost as high as it will ever be so you gotta think about what you can get.

2. Jae is not the player he used to be but he does still have a lot of value due to contract and shooting. Moving Jae would also open up more minutes for Brown.

3. Terry is gone anyways if we draft Fultz (PLEASE DANNY)

4. Mark my words, the brooklyn pick next year is not going to be that good (barring injuries). We saw how well the Nets played when healthy. Now theyve had another year to gel and are adding multiple first rounders this year. My guess is the pick is somewhere from 8-13. I think this is the highest value the pick will have unless they win the lottery.

5. Having Jimmy on his great deal opens up more money to pay the little guy and Marcus

So at the end of the game you can trot out a lineup of:
IT/Fultz/Jimmy/Hayward/Horford

Thats talent

That lineup may have talent but they would be slaughtered on the boards.  Also, IT is a FA after next year and wants BIG bucks (he's already said no home town discount).  Plus I don't see why the Bulls would do that deal.  AB has one year on his deal, so unless he agrees to an extension he's gone (the Bulls aren't exactly known for paying people either).  Crowder helps a winning team more than a rebuilding one which is what the Bulls would be.  Rozier has very limited value.  The Brooklyn pick is valuable but since you don't know where it will be in the draft order next year, not as valuable.   

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 12:39:03 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Never understood these make belief trades. Where has it been rumored that Chicago wants bradley, Crowder, and rozier?

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 12:42:08 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
(barring injuries)
We are talking about Brook Lopez and Jeremy Lin.  You think somehow there won't be injuries to one or both?  I think the Nets will be every bit as bad as they are supposed to be.  I am anticipating a top 5 pick.  But that is really not the point.

I don't think we need both Hayward and Butler.  Although I think Butler is the better player, if we can sign Hayward, that is much better value (since we give up nothing but money).  If we sign Hayward, any subsequent trading should be for size.  And it doesn't need to be a home run.  I would be happy giving up less and getting say Greg Monroe.

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2017, 12:47:40 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
I actually kinda like this plan.

We might just squeeze under the cap in this situation. Once the year is over, we'll let IT4 walk and fultz/smart can take the starting spot.

Year 1: IT4, Butler, Hayward, Horford, Cheap Big, Smart, Fultz, Zizic, etc.
Year 2: Smart/Fultz, Butler, Hayward, Horford, Zizic, etc.

easily a 55 win team for both years
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens