Author Topic: Yabusele foot surgery, out for summer league  (Read 1346 times)

Yabusele foot surgery, out for summer league
« on: May 23, 2017, 09:31:39 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I was disappointed to read about this yesterday.

The good news is that he will be ready for training camp. Just too bad he won't get to play with the other guys, what an awesome summer league team that would be to watch, along with Zizic, Brown, Fultz (here's hoping), and Nader.

Re: Yabusele foot surgery, out for summer league
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 09:48:16 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
tp for the news, even if it is bad. do you have a link to the information? thanks.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 10:05:46 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/05/marcus_smart_to_boston_celtics.html

"Adam Himmelsbach ✔ @AdamHimmelsbach

As @ESPNForsberg stated, Guerschon Yabusele had surgery to remove bone spurs from ankles.Asst GM Mike Zarren tells me he's out for summer lg

3:39 PM - 22 May 2017"

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 10:06:13 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm hoping we can convince him to sign overseas another year. We need to free up his cap space, and 4+ rookies in the roster (along with Fultz, Zizic and Nader) seems untenable.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 05:18:01 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
I'm hoping we can convince him to sign overseas another year. We need to free up his cap space, and 4+ rookies in the roster (along with Fultz, Zizic and Nader) seems untenable.

After last year's Summer League a lot of CB'ers were gaga over Nader. I was on that bandwagon. Like many of us I thought he should have made the team. 

However, after watching him play in a couple D-League games this year I'm not so sure he'll even make next year's roster. I thought he had a lot of difficulty finishing near the hoop and didn't shoot particularly well from outside when defended.

Plus, we keep hearing about his length, yet he didn't overwhelm me with his rebounding or athleticism. I even wonder if he can defend at the next level? Anyone else have doubts about Nader's ability. Perhaps someone who watched more Red Claws games might have a better perspective.   

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 05:36:45 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I'm hoping we can convince him to sign in Maine next year, because I think it would make his transition to the NBA better in 2018.

That said, I think we're looking at four rookies on the roster anyway next year, whether that fourth is Yabusele or the 37th pick.  You can only dress 13, and you're allowed to send only 1st and 2nd year players to Maine.  Fultz and Zizic would be in the rotation most likely, so a combination of Nader, Yabusele, and the 37th pick will be inactive most nights and playing in Maine, essentially mirroring Jackson and Mickey this year.  If we keep Jackson, we might just have three rookies, but I expect him to be moved and that we'll have four.

But again, Stevens won't have to coach those guys except in training camp and when they want practice bodies.  He'll have to teach Fultz and Zizic, which is I think the most he's like to do while competing.

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 05:48:50 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
If he stays overseas 2 years, why wouldn't he stay over a 3rd year to get out of his rookie contract? 

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 05:56:38 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
If he stays overseas 2 years, why wouldn't he stay over a 3rd year to get out of his rookie contract?

He wouldn't get out of his rookie contract, per se. He'd be eligible to be paid more than the 120% max of his slot value, but with the significant boost to rookie deals in the new CBA, I'd be surprised to see him get more.  The projection for his slot in two years would be a 4 year, $15 million deal, compared to 4 years, $9 million if he had signed when he was drafted.

He's not getting that in Europe.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 06:05:58 PM by saltlover »

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 06:05:23 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Double post.  Oops.