Author Topic: How long will IT be out?  (Read 4293 times)

Re: How long will IT be out?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2017, 11:56:25 AM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
Still really worried he won't be the same. He put a lot of torque and abuse on his body with quick cuts.

Starting to think AB makes more sense long term, though he has had some injury concerns too....
I think the same. IT will have to take a less than Max to stay a celtic IMO. Bradley is on the rise and he works hard on his game.
Bradley is also maddiningly inconsitent and very easily thrown off his game. I dont want to give him upwards of 25 mil a year.

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2017, 11:59:28 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I think the better question is, will he play for the C's again?
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2017, 12:05:18 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Still really worried he won't be the same. He put a lot of torque and abuse on his body with quick cuts.

Starting to think AB makes more sense long term, though he has had some injury concerns too....
I think the same. IT will have to take a less than Max to stay a celtic IMO. Bradley is on the rise and he works hard on his game.
Bradley is also maddiningly inconsitent and very easily thrown off his game. I dont want to give him upwards of 25 mil a year.

Sorry, but this is simply not true. He's averaged 16 and 6 this year with good %.

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2017, 12:12:18 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Sorry, but this is simply not true. He's averaged 16 and 6 this year with good %.
He also played in 55 games last season -- marking the third time in five years that he's played in 60 or fewer games. He has averaged fewer than 64 games a season during that period. I wouldn't commit big money to someone that I cannot count on to stay in one piece.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2017, 12:27:52 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4

Im well aware of his numbers. Good Bradley is an absolute stud. The problem is that Bradley often really struggles to play through injuries. He has missed at least 20 games in 3 of the last 5 seasons. On top of that, he missed 11 games last year (including 5 in the playoffs), and even back in 2012, he suffered an injury causing him to miss the entire Miami Heat series.

Also, anyone who has watched him knows he is incredibly streaky. I mean in games 5 and 6 vs the Wizards hes absolutely unstoppable, 22/37, 7/13 from deep for 56 points, but then where is he the next 3 games????

4/17 from 3?

he scored a lot against Cleveland in game 1 and ended up with OK shooting percentages, but you saw the games. His jumper was trash. He basically shot us out of the game in the first half.

where was he in games 3 and 4 in Washington? 5/17 shooting, 2/9 from deep.

I stand by the bolded. The fact that he scored 16 points a game, does nothing to prove his consistency or ability to be effective when made uncomfortable.

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2017, 12:30:43 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
where they reshape the bone.

They have to reshape his bone?  Reshape the ball at the end of his hip bone?  Wow, yes, I know, it could be worse (at least so says the doctor) but none of this reassures me.

As far as the timing relative to his next contract, I think it could be much worse if this happened at the end of next season.  As it stands, he should be back on the court with every opportunity to play well.  If this injury does affect his play, why would now be any worse than any other time?

This injury may impact the Celtics ability to trade him but I don't think they intended to trade him anyway.  If he plays well, he could still be traded at the deadline.  The Celtics were not going to get much for him under any scenario anyway.

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2017, 12:58:20 PM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
Not sure if Simmons mentioned Gerald Henderson but he also had this injury and might be an easier comparison to IT than a dude like Aldridge... GH was operated on in 2011. Then underwent the same procedure again in July 2015 and returned to play in November of 2015. Currently, he's dealing with knee tendinitis in Philadelphia.
Allston, MA --> Enfield Tennis Academy

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2017, 01:22:53 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
FAI (and resultant torn hip labrum) is a very common injury in Hockey.  In basketball, it has not been as common, though shoulder labrum tears obviously are. 

There have been quite a few hockey players who have gone through both the fix for the FAI (sculpting the (ball) head of the femur) and the repair of the labrum tear as well as other issues caused by the FAI.   From what I've been reading, the frequency in hockey has really pushed this particular bit of medicine a lot.

Studies have shown correlation between FAI and lots of other issues and some NHL organizations are pro-actively trying to get ahead of it by detecting it in young players and in serious cases doing pre-emptive procedures even before symptoms get bad.

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2017, 02:32:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think the better question is, will he play for the C's again?

How is that a better question? There's no real answer other than "Yes, obviously".

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes