Author Topic: GS completes sweep sets NBA record  (Read 3106 times)

GS completes sweep sets NBA record
« on: May 22, 2017, 11:47:14 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
First team to start 12-0 and has first two Finals games at home so hitting 14 wouldn't be unexpected. Real question Is will they sweep the Finals?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: GS completes sweep sets NBA record
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 11:51:53 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
First team to start 12-0 and has first two Finals games at home so hitting 14 wouldn't be unexpected. Real question Is will they sweep the Finals?

Nope. Whoever they face in the finals they won't have a cake-walk. The West is weak, just look at the opponents they faced lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 11:52:01 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
KD is a coward

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 11:53:04 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
KD is a coward

Yeah, he totally pulled the "Ray Allen" on OKC...

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 11:53:38 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
No.  I'll even root for LeBron against these guys, that's how much I can't stand them. And even if they win, to me winning the title this year adds nothing to Durant's legacy.  He took the easy way out.

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 11:57:43 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
GSW being the top team puts Bradley's value through the roof! He's probably more valuable to us than anyone else but if you want to play tough against the GSW Bradley is a must have!

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 12:21:57 AM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

An uncompetitive finals would not surprise me in the least.

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 01:39:19 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The Warriors sure did face some weak(ish) competition in their tour of domination through the West.

Portland - Nurkic injured, and only recently acquired.  Zero talent on the wing worth talking about.

Utah - Hobbled Gobert, injured Hill.  No true PG and a slow as molasses offense.

San Antonio - Kawhi injured.  Game over.  Never mind that Aldridge is not once he once was as recently as 2 years ago.

Seriously, that is not exactly an impressive list of teams GSW just beat.  Houston was probably the one team that could run with them.  It's a real shame Kawhi got injured though.  And to think, SAS was up 23 points in game 1 when Kawhi got injured.

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 01:45:38 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
And once again, another elimination game won on the road.

I'm glad Boston was one of the other two teams to win their elimination game at home this postseason so far.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 01:48:53 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
The odd and funny thing is we match up well against GSW.
Pre Durant we were the only team that gave them fits. Now I know it ain't the case anymore as we got our ass whooped in the Garden early in the season then Durant got injured.

Cavs probably also gives them trouble but will need Lebron to be in god mode to even have a chance against them.
In as much as I want any team coming out of the East totrample them im afraid KD and Curry are just too much to contain...not to mention they can always rely on Dirty Zaza to do the one thing he was meant to do.

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 04:15:52 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Well, if we faced who GSW faced in the playoffs, we'd be in the Finals too. I feel confident in beating this playoffs' iterations of the Blazers, Jazz and Spurs. Those teams were nowhere near as formidable as their regular season versions.
- LilRip

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 07:21:20 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
No.  I'll even root for LeBron against these guys, that's how much I can't stand them. And even if they win, to me winning the title this year adds nothing to Durant's legacy.  He took the easy way out.
Not me.  Much as I dislike what KD did, I will be rooting for GSW against the Cavs.  They are the better team.  It reality it was LeBron who took the easy way by staying in the East.  I am convinced that was a very deliberate move on his part.

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2017, 07:39:04 AM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
KD is a coward

Yeah, he totally pulled the "Ray Allen" on OKC...

I think what KD did was way worse.  Ray at least already won a championship with the Celtics, and there were discussions about lowering his role (for more Bradley, etc... who btw was starting over Ray when he came back from injury).

Durant was (probably) the best player in the Western Conference, the best player on his team, the big hope for his city to win a championship, and the player who faltered the most to let GS comeback and win that series.   Instead of re-arming and trying again, he completely hopped ship for the easiest and mentally weakest path possible. 

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2017, 07:39:41 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Lewhiner better eat his wheaties

Thompson is gonna have his hands full with some guys who play ruff too

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2017, 08:09:46 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It's not like Lebron has had that difficult of a path with Toronto and Boston also missing their best player for most of their respective series'.

But, I agree with those that Cleveland to destroy GS. Curry has become impossible do deal with(in terms of his personality) and Durant deserves nothing. I know it is common for people to hate dominant teams, but this GS team doesn't exactly remind anyone of Duncan's more humble Spurs.