Author Topic: Celtics (1-2) at Cavaliers (2-1) ECF Game #4 5/23/17  (Read 103873 times)

Re: Celtics (1-2) at Cavaliers (2-1) ECF Game #4 5/23/17
« Reply #1050 on: May 23, 2017, 11:07:35 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Cant wait for the Gordon Hayward upgrade over Jae. He belongs as a bench energy 3 and D guy.

Hayward can handle the ball and make plays. The ball shouldn't be in JC hands unless he's shooting an open 3.
Of course he can. When he's not handing off to the likes of Rodney Hood and standing in the corner. It might be a small sample, but that's what I've seen from him.

You must have the least amount of fun of any person I've ever heard talk. I'm curious of the things you DO like? Reading? Cake? Everyone loves cake.

Is that you, Donkey ;)? ;D

« Reply #1051 on: May 23, 2017, 11:07:51 PM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
I love AB.. I wish he would stop being so hot and cold from 3... He's very streaky

« Reply #1052 on: May 23, 2017, 11:08:20 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
Cant wait for the Gordon Hayward upgrade over Jae. He belongs as a bench energy 3 and D guy.

Hayward can handle the ball and make plays. The ball shouldn't be in JC hands unless he's shooting an open 3.
Of course he can. When he's not handing off to the likes of Rodney Hood and standing in the corner. It might be a small sample, but that's what I've seen from him.

You must have the least amount of fun of any person I've ever heard talk. I'm curious of the things you DO like? Reading? Cake? Everyone loves cake.

NATE AND BIG BABY!  SHREK AND DONKEY!!!!!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1053 on: May 23, 2017, 11:08:45 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
First!  Go Celtics!!

Like the Celtics, I've been starting game threads slowly of late, but I'm coming out strong from the gate for game 4.  I hope they follow my example!

My fault everyone.  Celtics followed my example and started strong, but I disappeared from the game thread early on, and the team followed my lead.

« Reply #1054 on: May 23, 2017, 11:09:16 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
biggest thing they can do to improve is move on from having crowder play these type of minutes.  almost wish they would have just let jaylen have minutes all year.   

Fixed ;D.

Trying to be diplomatic.  I don't see Crowder being happy coming off the bench next year anyways

« Reply #1055 on: May 23, 2017, 11:10:55 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
They went away from everything that allowed them to take the lead.  TEAM BASKETBALL, ball movement, moving without the ball, back cuts, split cuts!  Second half was hero ball, no movement.  Standing on D!  They let this one go?

« Reply #1056 on: May 23, 2017, 11:12:05 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I like watching the Celtics play good basketball. And win games. And cake. But my PCP says it's bad for me.

If you're asking whether I'm having fun watching the team revert to a pumpkin because the coach can't enforce a winning game plan for 48 minutes -- I don't. And neither should you.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #1057 on: May 23, 2017, 11:17:24 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

If you're asking whether I'm having fun watching the team revert to a pumpkin because the coach can't enforce a winning game plan for 48 minutes -- I don't. And neither should you.

It's just his personality.  No doubt he's a very good coach and only just beginning, but I don't see him ever encouraging guys to put Kyrie on his ass when he continually walks to the rim for layups.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #1058 on: May 23, 2017, 11:23:41 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Watched the last half f the game. Honestly, this team with Fultz and Hayward can beat the Cavs in a seven game series.

Series is finishing better than it started.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #1059 on: May 23, 2017, 11:24:45 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Really hate the way we lost this game. It was just dumb decision after dumb decision from the starters to the bench to the coaching. The dumb insistence on keeping AB and Rozier on Irving in the third when they could do nothing to stop him was a major part of this loss. Stevens has to get better at those adjustments. There was just no justification to continue with those matchups, even after bringing in Smart, the only guy to slow Kyrie down at times tonight.
The truth is this matters very little when he can get a switch whenever he wants and onto whoever he wants.

Doesn't seem like they've done it as much this series as last series. But Kyrie wasn't even trying to get the switches because he was taking all of our guards sans Smart with ease anyways.

But I definitely agree. I've never understood why most NBA teams always switch the screen every single time, even when they're not really forced to.
At least this game, I saw him switch on Jerebko, Zeller, and Olynyk multiple times. And then a handful of times on the other guard.

I can't explain why we're watching this type of defense in an NBA playoff game. It's not going to win you anything. Can someone please tell Brad this is not the NCAA anymore?

Well, the Warriors made it fashionable in the eyes of some people, I guess :-\, but it doesn't work unless you have the personnel to do it, which is why I find it extremely comical how the Cavs keep switching everything, too, even though they hardly have the players necessary to make it work. 

I think the real reason why teams go to it, though, it because the game is completely inverted now, as opposed to 25-30 years ago, when big guys could not only post up, but rebound and block shots, whereas today the only guys posting up are guards and some small forwards, for the most part, while the supposed "big guys" of today would rather bring the ball up the court and stand around the perimeter shooting threes, meaning that the defense won't pay for putting a guard onto a big guy because of the lack of rebounding and keeping the ball high, in particular, as well as the big dude having any kind of post game.  Weird, imo.  Fwiw, every time Kevin Love shoots a jumper against Nolynyk, he's bailing us out, in my estimation.

« Reply #1060 on: May 23, 2017, 11:25:21 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

I like watching the Celtics play good basketball. And win games. And cake. But my PCP says it's bad for me.

Koz, you have disliked CBS from the moment he was hired. You have no credibility when it comes to critiquing his in game decisions. Give it a rest please.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #1061 on: May 23, 2017, 11:26:23 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Watched the last half f the game. Honestly, this team with Fultz and Hayward can beat the Cavs in a seven game series.

Series is finishing better than it started.

How quickly we all forget getting stomped by forty plus points. This team with Hayward next year will be much closer, but I still wouldn't pick them to beat Cleveland. As good as I think Fultz is rookies, especially PG's, don't typically add a lot of win value to their teams. Hell, even guys like KAT take a while to catch up defensively and make a difference.

« Reply #1062 on: May 23, 2017, 11:28:54 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
and thats ballgame

They play hard. But honestly they are still 2 superstars and maybe 2 years away.

i cannot take seeing same stupid decisions OVER AND OVER AND OVER?

WHAT IS BRAD TEACHING THEM???

Dem analytics ::), lol ;D. Ugh.
Brad doesn't teach. He waits.

Until the 26-0 run is over to call a timeout ;D.

« Reply #1063 on: May 23, 2017, 11:28:57 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Really hate the way we lost this game. It was just dumb decision after dumb decision from the starters to the bench to the coaching. The dumb insistence on keeping AB and Rozier on Irving in the third when they could do nothing to stop him was a major part of this loss. Stevens has to get better at those adjustments. There was just no justification to continue with those matchups, even after bringing in Smart, the only guy to slow Kyrie down at times tonight.
The truth is this matters very little when he can get a switch whenever he wants and onto whoever he wants.

Doesn't seem like they've done it as much this series as last series. But Kyrie wasn't even trying to get the switches because he was taking all of our guards sans Smart with ease anyways.

But I definitely agree. I've never understood why most NBA teams always switch the screen every single time, even when they're not really forced to.
At least this game, I saw him switch on Jerebko, Zeller, and Olynyk multiple times. And then a handful of times on the other guard.

I can't explain why we're watching this type of defense in an NBA playoff game. It's not going to win you anything. Can someone please tell Brad this is not the NCAA anymore?

Well, the Warriors made it fashionable in the eyes of some people, I guess :-\, but it doesn't work unless you have the personnel to do it, which is why I find it extremely comical how the Cavs keep switching everything, too, even though they hardly have the players necessary to make it work. 

I think the real reason why teams go to it, though, it because the game is completely inverted now, as opposed to 25-30 years ago, when big guys could not only post up, but rebound and block shots, whereas today the only guys posting up are guards and some small forwards, for the most part, while the supposed "big guys" of today would rather bring the ball up the court and stand around the perimeter shooting threes, meaning that the defense won't pay for putting a guard onto a big guy because of the lack of rebounding and keeping the ball high, in particular, as well as the big dude having any kind of post game.  Weird, imo.  Fwiw, every time Kevin Love shoots a jumper against Nolynyk, he's bailing us out, in my estimation.
The Warriors have Draymond Green. We don't.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #1064 on: May 23, 2017, 11:29:46 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Is it just me or was our defense tonight quite decent? Cavs went on an impossible run and didnt miss a shot in the 2nd half