Author Topic: Celtics (1-2) at Cavaliers (2-1) ECF Game #4 5/23/17  (Read 104612 times)

Re: Celtics (1-2) at Cavaliers (2-1) ECF Game #4 5/23/17
« Reply #1020 on: May 23, 2017, 10:57:43 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I will happily be rooting against the Cavs when they hook up with the Warriors.

« Reply #1021 on: May 23, 2017, 10:58:02 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
It'd be nice to get one more win at the garden, but I'm not counting on it.

This was draining.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #1022 on: May 23, 2017, 10:58:08 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
and thats ballgame

They play hard. But honestly they are still 2 superstars and maybe 2 years away.
No, they didn't. They played scared, lazy and dumb. At least when it mattered.

Exactly this.  Which is mind-boggling to me,  I can't wrap my head around that.  I don't mind that they lost, I care how they lost.  And it was clear as day that game was over before the end of the 3rd qtr.
This team seems to lose focus. Brad S is not very good in getting them back on track when they do.

He doesn't seem to be.  The answer is usually "double screen for a Bradley 3" when things start to go south. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #1023 on: May 23, 2017, 10:58:09 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
How can Smart be so bad taking it to the hoop?

Really disappointing guard defense from our guys tonight. That is the only thing at which we are elite.

Nice first half, I guess.

Its because he has no explosion. He cant get any vertical leaping off from one foot and hes slow. Its not enough just to be strong if a guy like Kyle Korver can stick to your hip.

He needs to lose a little weight. He needs the extra quickness

He needs to improve his technique. There are some players who doesn't rely on speed but rather on craftiness.

« Reply #1024 on: May 23, 2017, 10:58:18 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Mental mistakes and non-adjustments from the coaches on d cooked us in this one.  The J Crowder turnovers killed us multiple times when if we can keep picking away at the lead it might have made a difference.

With Kyrie we needed to do something to adjust our d on him.  It was literally layup after layup.  We are better than that, should have started doubling him or try something Seles.

But overall more great effort from our guys that is the thing you love.  Let's try to get game 5 at home and see what happens

« Reply #1025 on: May 23, 2017, 10:58:36 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Jae Crowder is pathetic. Can't wait for Gordon Hayward to run this tool out of the TD Garden.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1026 on: May 23, 2017, 10:58:45 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
and thats ballgame

They play hard. But honestly they are still 2 superstars and maybe 2 years away.

Exactly this.  Which is mind-boggling to me,  I can't wrap my head around that.  I don't mind that they lost, I care how they lost.  And it was clear as day that game was over before the end of the 3rd qtr.
This team seems to lose focus. Brad S is not very good in getting them back on track when they do.

i like CBS but i am sorry. i cannot defend this level of dammm IDIOCY from our players anymore  i just cant COCHING IS RESPONSIBLE
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1027 on: May 23, 2017, 10:58:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
7 game series

Would have been if we won tonight...definitely winnable game. But all those open looks in the first half were killers.  1st half 6-18 from the 3 pt line or something like that

Celtics just happy to split away and go home...

You can tell the team gave up halfway through the 3rd

Lets see how the team plays with their backs against the wall

« Reply #1028 on: May 23, 2017, 10:59:34 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Really hate the way we lost this game. It was just dumb decision after dumb decision from the starters to the bench to the coaching. The dumb insistence on keeping AB and Rozier on Irving in the third when they could do nothing to stop him was a major part of this loss. Stevens has to get better at those adjustments. There was just no justification to continue with those matchups, even after bringing in Smart, the only guy to slow Kyrie down at times tonight.
The truth is this matters very little when he can get a switch whenever he wants and onto whoever he wants.

Doesn't seem like they've done it as much this series as last series. But Kyrie wasn't even trying to get the switches because he was taking all of our guards sans Smart with ease anyways.

But I definitely agree. I've never understood why most NBA teams always switch the screen every single time, even when they're not really forced to.
At least this game, I saw him switch on Jerebko, Zeller, and Olynyk multiple times. And then a handful of times on the other guard.

I can't explain why we're watching this type of defense in an NBA playoff game. It's not going to win you anything. Can someone please tell Brad this is not the NCAA anymore?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #1029 on: May 23, 2017, 10:59:51 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
How can Smart be so bad taking it to the hoop?

Really disappointing guard defense from our guys tonight. That is the only thing at which we are elite.

Nice first half, I guess.

Its because he has no explosion. He cant get any vertical leaping off from one foot and hes slow. Its not enough just to be strong if a guy like Kyle Korver can stick to your hip.

He needs to lose a little weight. He needs the extra quickness

He needs to improve his technique. There are some players who doesn't rely on speed but rather on craftiness.

This is true as well.

If he could get a little of that herky-jerky, changing-speed wizardry going it would help greatly, he telegraphs what he's going to do too much.

« Reply #1030 on: May 23, 2017, 11:00:42 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
and thats ballgame

He doesn't seem to be.  The answer is usually "double screen for a Bradley 3" when things start to go south.
And that's the good play calling. Otherwise it's a contested Jae Crowder pull-up.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #1031 on: May 23, 2017, 11:01:19 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
It'd be nice to get one more win at the garden, but I'm not counting on it.

This was draining.

Think about how Drained The Celtics are after all this team has been through...

« Reply #1032 on: May 23, 2017, 11:01:24 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The Cs should never have a lead at the half against a good team. They stop playing hard and think of themselves as superstars.

Having an edge is extremely important for our garbage pail gang.

« Reply #1033 on: May 23, 2017, 11:01:29 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
7 game series

Would have been if we won tonight...definitely winnable game. But all those open looks in the first half were killers.  1st half 6-18 from the 3 pt line or something like that

Celtics just happy to split away and go home...

You can tell the team gave up halfway through the 3rd

Lets see how the team plays with their backs against the wall

split woulda been fine had we split at home
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1034 on: May 23, 2017, 11:01:51 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
I will happily be rooting against the Cavs when they hook up with the Warriors.

I REFUSE TO WATCH ANY NBA GARBAGE ONCE CELTS ARE OUT
LET'S GO CELTICS!