Author Topic: Josh Jackson has to take anger management classes, 20 hours of community service  (Read 3721 times)

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article152020052.html

This stems from Jackson off court issue at a party. 

Part of the agreement is anger management classes, 20 hours of community service, written apology, some sort of substance abuse evaluation.

According to the article Jackson saw a member of the women's basketball team arguing with a friend, she threw a drink at him and left.  Jackson actually signed a "stipulation of facts" that stated he was at the party.  It reads as follows:

“I followed Calvert out, yelling at her and calling her names,” the document reads. “Calvert entered her 2016 Ford Focus, which is registered to Timothy Calvert, and locked the doors. I kicked her vehicle, breaking the left rear taillight and denting the driver’s door.”

Not a good look. :-\

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
FULTZ OR WE RIOT!

But yeah, this REALLY isn't a good look for Jackson.

If we didn't land #1, he was second on my board, and I guess he still is, but this might affect his draft stock a little...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
FULTZ OR WE RIOT!

If we didn't land #1, he was second on my board, and I guess he still is, but this might affect his draft stock a little...

I feel that I didn't see Fultz play enough to be as high on him as others, I want Tatum, he is a legit #1 option on offense with versatile offensive game.  If Fultz is really this much better then him then wow, we are getting a talent!
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Didn't Smart have similar issues with that fan shoving?

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179

No.one knows the whole story around that.  There was talk that the guy used a racial slur, that it was general trash talk, etc...

It was a very bad move by Marcus, but it happened in the heat of a game and I believe the fan moved on without anything more coming from it.  Jackson's situation involved a police report and I believe an appearance in court.  Very different in my mind.

Edit:. Just looked it up and it looks the fan says he "acted inappropriately" towards Marcus and called him a "piece of crap".  Marcus still crossed a line, and he was suspended for three games as a result.

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I wouldn't put much stock on it. It's not like he's a repeat offender.

There are multiple nba headcases with off court issues and that didn't stop some of them to become championship pieces or a very solid player in the league.

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
There was drinking involved and it was a college party. They must have all been sloppy because someone threw a drink into another's face....is that assault? The thing that stands out is that it was a female who's car he kicked.

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Jackson was my pick when I thought we'd end up at 4. I don't think anyone but Fultz makes sense at the #1. I'm glad it's Danny's choice. There is a lot more pressure when picking at #1 than picking at 4...

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I thought Lonzo Ball would've been the obvious second-choice after Lonzo Ball.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I thought Lonzo Ball would've been the obvious second-choice after Lonzo Ball.

You mean LaVar?  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
This would be bad news if we had the 4th pick.

Hope the classes do him some good.

Offline jakeopp

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Would have been fully onboard with him at #2 but no way i'm taking another SF who can't shoot at #1. His anger issues could potentially be a problem in the NBA, but since he has yet to actually hurt anyone I don't see it as a huge issue. Obviously not a good look throwing a temper tantrum and kicking up someone's car though lol.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 10:30:41 AM by jakeopp »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Is this the same setting where he told whoever it was that he'd, "beat her ass?"  Under the influence of alcohol or not, I have no interest in people who engage in such behavior, and hopefully neither does our front office.

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
FULTZ OR WE RIOT THROW A HISSY FIT!

FIFY

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

That's not even in the same universe. Threatening to beat a woman and smashing her car is very, very different from shoving an antagonistic male fan who possibly used a racial slur and doesn't deny that he acted out of line. There should be no place in the Celtics organization for people who threaten women.