Author Topic: Jaylen Brown: "There's bigger threats in my neighborhood than LeBron James."  (Read 2896 times)

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
http://www.sbnation.com/2017/5/19/15668164/jaylen-brown-lebron-james-no-fear-celtics-vs-cavaliers-game-4-playoffs

I love this. The kid has confidence, but not in a cocky way. He won't lay down and give up like a Derozan or Lowry.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Love it.  :D

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I'd much prefer that he just shut up and play :-\.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I think the point he was going for was that its just basketball and theres no reason to be afraid, but the quote came off as dumb in my mind.

His initial response was perfect. No need to add this.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I think he was talking about crime in his neighborhood rather than basketball.

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Much much better than, “They’ve got LeBron James,” Lowry told Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical. “Nobody’s closing the gap on him. I mean, that’s it right there: They’ve got LeBron James and nobody’s closing the gap on him.”

The young rook isn't afraid of big bad LeBron.

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Weird that this is eliciting even some negative responses. He isn't even talking trash, just stating that there are bigger threats in the world than Lebron.

I love his confidence and his perspective. I really hope he can make a leap next year; he seems to have the tools and mentality to do so.

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
I think he was talking about his dad.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Weird that this is eliciting even some negative responses. He isn't even talking trash, just stating that there are bigger threats in the world than Lebron.

I love his confidence and his perspective. I really hope he can make a leap next year; he seems to have the tools and mentality to do so.
Didnt think he worded it well. Shouldnt have just stuck with the "Im always confident" response.

I mean its not a big deal at all, but if we are gonna dissect it, then I think he should have left this bit unsaid.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Every thing that an NBA player says, it's always a controversy. He shouldn't have said it or he should have. Why? Sometimes players say truly ridiculous things, like Kyrie saying the world is flat or Draymond saying Olynyk is a dirty player. Jaylen's comment is neither here nor there. I'm neither pleased nor displeased that he said it.

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
He called Lebron a good player. I guess Jaylen thinks Jaylen is a good player too.

He needs to shut his mouth.

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
Every thing that an NBA player says, it's always a controversy. He shouldn't have said it or he should have. Why? Sometimes players say truly ridiculous things, like Kyrie saying the world is flat or Draymond saying Olynyk is a dirty player. Jaylen's comment is neither here nor there. I'm neither pleased nor displeased that he said it.

Nobody cares. It's the fans who care. All fans of each team talk out of their respective butts. I know it, you know it.

You will see a different and almost always biased perspective from each teams fans. One think you can not doubt is that you can never trust a fan's perspective.

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

Didnt think he worded it well. Shouldnt have just stuck with the "Im always confident" response.

I mean its not a big deal at all, but if we are gonna dissect it, then I think he should have left this bit unsaid.

Since we do it for any other player it is only fair to do for our players.
His comment came out very LavarBall-esque..... I don't think the meant it that way thought.