Author Topic: there are a lot of posters eating crow  (Read 5827 times)

Re: there are a lot of posters eating crow
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2017, 01:56:23 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
i posted prior to this victory about fans giving up on celtics team for that game-i referenced my experience playing for Rollie Massimino and a win over much superior talent playing team defense  over size and talent.Then again his win over georgetown with villanova shooting 80%.
This was against the backdrop of impossibility, disgust and wrath of some posters.
 i  wrote the Cetics would need a perfect storm to win one.
  The comments were as ugly as our losses and our players had to come out to that adversity from fans.
That Cavs team is a juggernaut and that loss would have evicerated the successful season and post season.

I mentioned that Cavs could be overconfident, that our defense might be better and the play as a team on offense.No Isaiah to hide or rely on.
I think someone called my post as propaganda and i got put down.
Well, i could have been psychic on that game ,as it played out.

Therefore the eat crow to those that blamed Ainge ,blamed Brad,trade Isaiah trade,Smart trade Crowder the lot actually.
The season has temporally been rescued-next man up

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2017, 02:11:47 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I disagree with the assertion that Smart played "out of his mind".  Shooting 7-10 from 3 is unusual but his overall game was within what I would expect from one of his better games.  He was given a big opportunity and rose to the occasion.  He tends to do that.

I am surprised (actually stunned would be more apt) the Celtics won after the first 2.5 games and losing IT.  The Celtics played well, Cleveland went to sleep.  No crow should be in fear of being eaten due to one very surprising half of a game.  Maybe Cleveland will come out tight tonight and we are able to hang in.  "Anything's possible", right?

I'd go with "out of his mind". He's the first player ever to hit seven three pointers after shooting below 30% in the regular season. He set career highs in points and 3PTs. It was a crazy game by him that we may never see again.

It was definitely fun to watch. And you're right, Marcus can have good shooting night. This one was next level, however.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2017, 06:28:17 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
It was a great comeback, but does it change anything, really?

We fell down by 21. The Celts kept fighting, but I don't think the game said much about the relative strength of our teams. Same thing with Marcus Smart. It was an awesome shooting display, but for right now, it seems fluky.

Yes, it does.

Spurs lose their best player and get swept.  Celtics lose their best player and win on the road.

The latter shows Lebron that, while the Cs might not be good enough right now to beat him, his window of having the dominant East Conference team could be shortly ending.

One more veteran All-Star, a #1 pick, and possibly another top-5 pick will do that.

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2017, 06:29:18 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I disagree with the assertion that Smart played "out of his mind".  Shooting 7-10 from 3 is unusual but his overall game was within what I would expect from one of his better games.  He was given a big opportunity and rose to the occasion.  He tends to do that.

I am surprised (actually stunned would be more apt) the Celtics won after the first 2.5 games and losing IT.  The Celtics played well, Cleveland went to sleep.  No crow should be in fear of being eaten due to one very surprising half of a game.  Maybe Cleveland will come out tight tonight and we are able to hang in.  "Anything's possible", right?

I'd go with "out of his mind". He's the first player ever to hit seven three pointers after shooting below 30% in the regular season. He set career highs in points and 3PTs. It was a crazy game by him that we may never see again.

It was definitely fun to watch. And you're right, Marcus can have good shooting night. This one was next level, however.

How about the other one?

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2017, 06:53:25 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
crow is pretty tasty.   ....cooked correct .....add lots of Ketchup.....

mind was Excellent   ;D

I just drove past one that was feasting on a roadkill squirrel. 
Yup

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2017, 07:22:59 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
It will be a "shocked the world" moment if the Cs win one more game, never mind the series.  I'd just like a competitive game and it will be great. Wishing for another win feels greedy.  I'll be rooting for one though.

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2017, 07:03:34 AM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
And he is back to Smart. 1-9, 1-5 from 3.

Because Smart backers are desperate and want him to succeed.

Which is completely what we all want him to do.

So whatever chance they get to say "See Smart is good ,look what he did" after one game is how they want him to play every game.

I don't care about one or two games. And my point is never about what type of player he is. He is a hard worker and wants to win, and also is a lot tougher than a lot of players, and he is a gamer.

BUT when I talk about Smart, it is his limitations, things he can't do, and things he probably will never be able to do. It's never about how he sucks, or stinks. It's about what he doesnt have the ability to do.

Anyway despite his 1-9. It's not like he hasnt busted his ass to win. For me that is enough given what we got. I will never down a player when he tries.

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2017, 08:09:14 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
And he is back to Smart. 1-9, 1-5 from 3.

Because Smart backers are desperate and want him to succeed.

Which is completely what we all want him to do.

So whatever chance they get to say "See Smart is good ,look what he did" after one game is how they want him to play every game.

I don't care about one or two games. And my point is never about what type of player he is. He is a hard worker and wants to win, and also is a lot tougher than a lot of players, and he is a gamer.

BUT when I talk about Smart, it is his limitations, things he can't do, and things he probably will never be able to do. It's never about how he sucks, or stinks. It's about what he doesnt have the ability to do.

Anyway despite his 1-9. It's not like he hasnt busted his ass to win. For me that is enough given what we got. I will never down a player when he tries.
Bad shooting night for Smart. Not unusual, of course. What worries me more than the outside shooting is the finishing around the rim. He had a couple shot right around the basket that really should've gone down. Smart has to be able to finish around the rim, especially with his physical profile.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008