Author Topic: there are a lot of posters eating crow  (Read 5832 times)

there are a lot of posters eating crow
« on: May 22, 2017, 03:53:31 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Between a comeback victory  and marcus smart playing out of his head  at both ends of court.
Five guys in double figures.
Celtics team effort-

Re: there are a lot of posters eating crow
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 03:57:16 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It was a great comeback, but does it change anything, really?

We fell down by 21. The Celts kept fighting, but I don't think the game said much about the relative strength of our teams. Same thing with Marcus Smart. It was an awesome shooting display, but for right now, it seems fluky.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 04:12:04 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Maybe it feels fluky because of Smart's performance but it was an all around effort.  You are what you do and we beat them on their home floor with good defense. 

I like that we showed the league we can hang with the best and we aren't chumps.  This at least shows free agents we aren't a waste of time.  It's a really positive win for a lot of reasons.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 04:16:05 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
This crow tastes pretty good. May I have another?

People are acting like we're playing the 80s Lakers\Celtics.

Basketball is all confidence and what I saw in the first 2 games was too much respect, tentativeness, no force and little confidence. Now they know they can win without their best player, come back from large deficit, lose the FT contest and win late.

I think the Bulls and Wiz series prepared them for these types of games. If they somehow win game 4, people will start panicking. Just push them to 6 games and anything can happen...an injury, suspension...anything.

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 07:24:27 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

We fell down by 21. The Celts kept fighting, but I don't think the game said much about the relative strength of our teams. Same thing with Marcus Smart. It was an awesome shooting display, but for right now, it seems fluky.

Yet another thread proving an earlier point I made.

Doing it once is nice, but it doesn't break a larger documented pattern, as Roy so correctly points out.

One game does not change a larger documented pattern. In either case.

Many games does.

Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 07:38:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
i still think its a given the Cavs prevail ,  everything is in their favor .

its just going to take an extra game now.

It was an unforgetable Eye of Tiger  type game.

Lets do,it again !

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 09:23:33 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
....but, but I thought the C's were suppose to get swept.

Don't let the C's win tonight or the world will be shaken off it's axis.

One thing about the Cavs I've noticed this year. When they look broke, it takes them some time to fix it. When they lose, they lose in streaks. The rest is over and now maybe their age may start to hurt them since each game is every other day.

I just think if they look vulnerable tonight, this series could change.

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 09:35:25 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Yes, I am eating crow.  But I am happy about it.

And while I was technically wrong, I was in the large majority.  Smart had the game of his life but that doesn't somehow make him a good offensive player. 

So I'm enjoying the win but the people with the faith were the blind ones.  Just so happened that we found a nut.

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 09:41:44 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
It's not the Cavs game --- it's Marcus and his three point stroke. 

90% of this blog spent the season hammering on him and claiming he should never even attempt a three again. 

As if young players can't improve, develop into better versions of themselves. 

So yea, eat up the crow CB because Marcus has been working in his game, and it's starting to show.  Kid can drain that shot, and for some strange reason he seems to get more accurate the higher the stakes. 

Keep shooting Marcus, haters gonna hate either way. 

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 09:50:49 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

yes, it does. it changes the atmosphere on cb and elsewhere. haven't you even noticed how proud and happy we all were? realisitically, i doubt many folks expected the celtics to respond the way they did....stomped in two straight games, down by 21, IT out.

and the celtics never gave up. i love watching things such as that.

it was fun to watch the comeback (plus hard on my heart. :) )

is it always at all times in every way about the series win? there are games within games. events within events. each can be enjoyed.

why not enjoy the moment, i certainly have.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 09:51:59 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
This crow tastes pretty good. May I have another?

People are acting like we're playing the 80s Lakers\Celtics.

Basketball is all confidence and what I saw in the first 2 games was too much respect, tentativeness, no force and little confidence. Now they know they can win without their best player, come back from large deficit, lose the FT contest and win late.

I think the Bulls and Wiz series prepared them for these types of games. If they somehow win game 4, people will start panicking. Just push them to 6 games and anything can happen...an injury, suspension...anything.

ha, ha, ha. a tp and bon appetit to you.

https://www.google.com/search?q=eating+crow&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi26vC_lIbUAhUpzIMKHbiWBlkQ_AUICigB&biw=1439&bih=1093&dpr=1
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 09:53:18 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

yes, it does. it changes the atmosphere on cb and elsewhere. haven't you even noticed how proud and happy we all were? realisitically, i doubt may folks expected the celtics to respond the way they did....stomped in two straight games, down by 21, IT out.

it always at all times in every way about the series win. there are games within games. events within events.

I enjoyed the moment, but having people being told to "eat crow" over a fluke rubs me the wrong way a bit.

I'm not a Smart basher, and I noted that I wouldn't be surprised to see the Celts win multiple games. But, does Smart getting hot in unprecedented fashion mean his detractors were wrong? Are the Celtics suddenly right on the heals of the Cavs?

Anybody who was a skeptic is still justified in being a skeptic, and anybody who is a unabashed optimist can hold onto that. I just don't see the need to call others out, similar to how I wouldn't have approved of an "I told you so" thread after Marcus went 0-6 in Game 2.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 09:59:06 AM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2017, 09:54:31 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

yes, it does. it changes the atmosphere on cb and elsewhere. haven't you even noticed how proud and happy we all were? realisitically, i doubt may folks expected the celtics to respond the way they did....stomped in two straight games, down by 21, IT out.

it always at all times in every way about the series win. there are games within games. events within events.

I enjoyed the moment, but having people being told to "eat crow" over a fluke rubs me the wrong way a bit.
ha, ha....i get it. but it is rollie celebrating. to be honest, i am chomping on some foul fowl myself right now.  ;D

oh, and a tp to wash it down. ;)
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2017, 10:11:15 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

Yet another thread proving an earlier point I made.

Doing it once is nice, but it doesn't break a larger documented pattern, as Roy so correctly points out.

One game does not change a larger documented pattern. In either case.

Many games does.

I guess we can toss out the first two games as well.  EC regular season champs, winners of the first two rounds, I think that sets a pretty good long term documented pattern.

Pessimists can never see the whole picture, nor do they ever succeed.

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2017, 10:18:00 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Any way you scrap together 4 wins in a 7 game series is just as valid as the next.  Do that 4 times and you have a championship whether you went 16-0 or had a bunch of clunkers along the way.  The trophy still looks the same regardless of artistic merit.

The risk of having an opinion before a matter is settled is that you may have to eat some crow along the way.  Without a healthy helping of crow we'd all be starving on this blog.

I prefer to have some measured aggravation when we're not playing well coupled with 100% fanboy optimism that it ain't over til it's over. 

Either way GO CELTS!
Yup