Author Topic: Is there a way to take advantage of Lebron's fragile mind?  (Read 4334 times)

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
So following yesterday's game, Lebron had two minor meltdowns.
He got into it with a fan for mocking him for scoring only 11 points.
This really got under Lebron's skin to the point that he went over and asked the fan
what he had ever done in his life? (Side note this terrible)

Then, a reporter asked him about the game and he lost it. Going after a reporter saying he only comes around when they lose. (to what seemed like a fair question)

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lebron-james-snaps-reporter-game-3-loss-article-1.3184945

Also, the reporter tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/TheKennyRoda/status/866507065354842112?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nydailynews.com%2Fsports%2Fbasketball%2Flebron-james-snaps-reporter-game-3-loss-article-1.3184945

Is there a way we can use this to get under his skin? He seems like he is fragile mentally for whatever reason to be getting into with a fan and a reporter after losing a single game as a heavy favorite. Perhaps Jerekbro can be our agitator.

Re: Is there a way to take advantage of Lebron's fragile mind?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 03:30:27 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Sure.  Both of those things happened after we beat him.  So there is the answer.

Of course, that is the hardest part of all.

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 03:38:15 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2485
Roid rage?

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 03:38:53 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Fragile mind?

He had one bad game and we thing he is fragile all the sudden?   

No, I would expect him to bounce back.   For the Celtics, I hope this means hero ball and we see the rest of the Cavs be out of sync. 

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 03:43:18 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Just when I start thinking Lebron is not such a bad guy , he goes and yells st his own fan and asks the guy what have you accomplished in your life. News flash Lebron, playing basketball is not as big an accomplishment as teaching kids, being a police officer and keeping people safe, working in a hospital helping people, or many other jobs your fans do on an every day basis.

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 03:44:10 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Fragile mind?

No, I would expect him to bounce back.   For the Celtics, I hope this means hero ball and we see the rest of the Cavs be out of sync.
Hardly fragile.  A couple little meltdowns, and I mean LITTLE.  The guy is under huge pressure, all the time.  He does not have the benefit of a college education yet is considered one of the smartest players in the league.  He frequently gets NO HELP from teammates.

Come on.

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 03:46:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Fragile mind?

To be fair he has a history of handling of seeming fragile about his ego and how others perceive him. This goes back to when he said everyone had to go back to their crappy jobs after he lost to the mavericks.

I think responding poorly to both a fan and a reporter in separate incidents shows, for whatever reason, he is really unhinged by this single loss. It is particularly perplexing given they are still 99% favorites to win the series and we are still missing IT. I think it is fair to wonder if trash talk, or some bumping from someone like Jerkebro could add to this. It certainly seemed to fire up the rest of the Celtics in the last game.

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 03:47:09 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Just when I start thinking Lebron is not such a bad guy , he goes and yells st his own fan and asks the guy what have you accomplished in your life. News flash Lebron, playing basketball is not as big an accomplishment as teaching kids, being a police officer and keeping people safe, working in a hospital helping people, or many other jobs your fans do on an every day basis.

This isn't his first time going after fans and their lack of accomplishments in life either... I actually don't recall any other players going after fans on this topic before.

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 03:47:17 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Have everyone wear a sheet to the next home game?

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 03:49:02 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Have everyone wear a sheet to the next home game?

wait what?!

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 04:10:01 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

This isn't his first time going after fans and their lack of accomplishments in life either... I actually don't recall any other players going after fans on this topic before.
keith faulk demeaned fans, and himself, when a member of the red sox for one.

http://fightingwordsthebook.blogspot.com/2009/05/oh-lord-please-dont-let-keith-foulke-be.html
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2017, 04:10:16 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
LeBron hasn't had a fragile mind since he came into the Garden and crushed us Game 6 of the 2012 ECF. He's been an absolute killer in the playoffs since.

I think the Cavs just let their guard down a bit when it started turning into a 3rd straight blowout and LeBron in particular had trouble getting back into a rhythm when we started coming back at them. It's not something we're going to be able to count on next game.

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2017, 04:12:30 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
LeBron = fragile. What?
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2017, 04:50:11 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

keith faulk demeaned fans, and himself, when a member of the red sox for one.

http://fightingwordsthebook.blogspot.com/2009/05/oh-lord-please-dont-let-keith-foulke-be.html

I had forgotten that. That was obviously pretty bad for him and his career and probably hastened the end of it. It definitely is not common for athletes to attack fans verbally for obvious reasons.

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2017, 06:14:42 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
LeBron hasn't had a fragile mind since he came into the Garden and crushed us Game 6 of the 2012 ECF. He's been an absolute killer in the playoffs since.

I think the Cavs just let their guard down a bit when it started turning into a 3rd straight blowout and LeBron in particular had trouble getting back into a rhythm when we started coming back at them. It's not something we're going to be able to count on next game.

This is why the C's need to actually start games better and hits some shots early on. Give them something to think about and build a little pressure. Hopefully they've cooled off some behind the arc themselves.