Author Topic: I think that Rozier is the odd man out....trade him for Richaun Holmes?  (Read 3783 times)

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I would do that trade in a minute. Rozier has boosted his stock in the playoffs, so they can get something for him. Philly is strong up front and weak in the backcourt. Celtics the opposite.

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I feel like the asking price for Holmes is very high over in Philly. He is heads and heels better than Okafor and looks to be their long term anchor off of the bench. Him and Embiid is also a deadly pairing considering both of them could stretch the floor, defend the paint, and rebound.

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
I feel like the asking price for Holmes is very high over in Philly. He is heads and heels better than Okafor and looks to be their long term anchor off of the bench. Him and Embiid is also a deadly pairing considering both of them could stretch the floor, defend the paint, and rebound.
Exactly right.  Okafor is who the Sixers will look to move once they can build up his value.   

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Rozier  probably has no trade value to any team. Why would a team trade for rozier when they can acquire their own project point guard via draft for free

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Rozier  probably has no trade value to any team. Why would a team trade for rozier when they can acquire their own project point guard via draft for free
Rozier is better than a project guard. Highest plus minus of any celtic last series

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
Rozier is nothing close to a finished product. And he's shown enough at times this season where to me he's gone from definite trade candidate to maybe we should wait to see how his game develops. He played like crap last night and has had some clunkers this season but he's also had more instances where he's played real well.

What he really needs is more minutes but that's not going to happen here barring injury or trade.

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Rozier is nothing close to a finished product. And he's shown enough at times this season where to me he's gone from definite trade candidate to maybe we should wait to see how his game develops. He played like crap last night and has had some clunkers this season but he's also had more instances where he's played real well.

What he really needs is more minutes but that's not going to happen here barring injury or trade.

What he really needs is to play consistently enough to earn more minutes.  Looks great in flashes, but doesn't sustain it from game to game, like a lot of young players, including JB.  I look for continued improvement from him, but you don't give him minutes, he has to earn it.

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
We can't keep everyone. Doesn't make a lot of sense to ship Rozier with his low salary.

The way the roster and contracts stack up, it'll be Bradley unless something dramatic happens otherwise with a trade or injuries.

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
We can't keep everyone. Doesn't make a lot of sense to ship Rozier with his low salary.

The way the roster and contracts stack up, it'll be Bradley unless something dramatic happens otherwise with a trade or injuries.
If I ran one of these teams that's been constantly struggling to get into the playoffs, Rozier is a perfect 'buy low' guy.  He's the type of guy I'd be looking to acquire.