Author Topic: I think that Rozier is the odd man out....trade him for Richaun Holmes?  (Read 3761 times)

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
I like Rozier and think he will grow into a decent backup/occasional starter PG but with the current roster dont think there is room for him.

I think a possible trade might be Rozier for Richaun Holmes. Gives sixers an upcoming PG and gives us an upcoming PF. Would also save us 500k next year and if we go after hayward, every saved penny counts.

Roster:
PG: IT, Smart
SG: Bradley, Fultz
SF: Hayward, Brown
PF: Holmes, vet min, JJ?
C: Horford, Zizic, vet min
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 02:04:06 PM by Humble G »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I like Rozier and think he will grow into a decent backup/occasional starter PG but with the current roster dont think there is room for him.

I think a possible trade might be Rozier for Richaun Holmes. Gives sixers an upcoming PG and gives us an upcoming PF. Would also save us 500k next year and if we go after hayward, every saved penny counts.

Roster:

trade him with the 37th and rest of the 2nds to move up in the draf

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Or, given his cheap contract, Rozier might allow you to trade Bradley.  As much as I'd hate to lose Bradley, the C's aren't going to be able to pay IT, Bradley and Smart as their contracts are up in the next few years.

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Or, given his cheap contract, Rozier might allow you to trade Bradley.  As much as I'd hate to lose Bradley, the C's aren't going to be able to pay IT, Bradley and Smart as their contracts are up in the next few years.

Exactly and trading Bradley will clear up salary cap space for Hayward.  Rozier will make a nice fourth guard behind IT, Smart, and Fultz.

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I'm not sure what we would get for TR this year. Draft Express has PGs at 1,2,5,8 and 11. Now, maybe that means that the team that ends up at #12 is disappointed, but there is a heck of a lot of supply in the market.

Mike

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton

Exactly and trading Bradley will clear up salary cap space for Hayward.  Rozier will make a nice fourth guard behind IT, Smart, and Fultz.

I understand the financial stance of trading Bradley but I don't think it would be wise. He is an elite defender who can score also. Also I would think about just letting IT walk and get his big pay day. Trade crowder and go get hayward and see how things go. If we excel and make finals then pay up for IT, if not resign bradley/smart and let IT walk and by that time Smart will peak and Fultz will be able to contribute.

At the end of the day what I guess I am saying is Bradley is more valuable than IT, IMO

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375

I understand the financial stance of trading Bradley but I don't think it would be wise. He is an elite defender who can score also. Also I would think about just letting IT walk and get his big pay day. Trade crowder and go get hayward and see how things go. If we excel and make finals then pay up for IT, if not resign bradley/smart and let IT walk and by that time Smart will peak and Fultz will be able to contribute.

At the end of the day what I guess I am saying is Bradley is more valuable than IT, IMO
I'm just glad I don't need to make the decision.  Danny doesn't have an easy job.  But, you can't just let IT walk for nothing.  If he's not in the future plans he will be dealt this off-season.  He's too valuable to just let walk.

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton

I'm just glad I don't need to make the decision.  Danny doesn't have an easy job.  But, you can't just let IT walk for nothing.  If he's not in the future plans he will be dealt this off-season.  He's too valuable to just let walk.

Oh I am too. I wouldnt want to let IT walk but I wouldnt want to dump him anywhere either. He deserves to have a say especially after all he has given to the team.

Trading Rozier for Holmes makes too much sense for both sides that it wont happen.

I would like to keep: Smart, Bradley, Horford, Brown

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Roster:

did we just lost jae crowder ha.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
For cap management purposes I think it'll make more sense to trade Bradley.

Either that or trade Smart.

In any case, Rozier is cheap for now so better to keep him.

That said, I like the idea of trading him for Richaun Holmes. That's exactly the kind of big man we need. An energy guy who can help a bit on the boards and still space the floor a little.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Assuming Boston drafts Fultz or Ball then 2 of the guards need to go, Rozier is the most obvious but someone else needs to join him out the door.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'd flip Rozier for Holmes without hesitation.  Philly seems high on Holmes, though. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I think Rozier stays on value and defensive play. I also think Bradley and Smart stay but, it isn't my money. This gives us the Thomas vs Fultz decision in some weeks if that is Ainge's decision.

He has kept young forever. I say he does the same with Rozier.

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Assuming Boston drafts Fultz or Ball then 2 of the guards need to go, Rozier is the most obvious but someone else needs to join him out the door.

I think Avery and Rozier would be my choices to go if we draft Fultz. I love Avery, he's my favorite guy on the team at this point, but he makes the most sense financially. Even though Smart is set to the market at the same time, I expect his contract to be cheaper. I think Avery is a lock for a contract in the $18-$20m range.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I look for him to not be as nervous next game. I can't remember which game it was for LOU, but Terry did not play well near home in college and you could see the nerves.