Author Topic: If it was possible... would u trade IT for Butler?  (Read 1425 times)

If it was possible... would u trade IT for Butler?
« on: May 22, 2017, 11:53:16 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Assuming the Bulls (or a third team) was interested in IT, would you ship him out for Butler? Before you crucify me, check this line up out:

Fultz
Bradley
Butler
??? - honestly, no idea who our starting PF would be moving forward.
Horford

Off the bench: Smart, Jaylen, Crowder (and maybe KO?). If we put Smart in that starting lineup and have Crowder at the 4 in a small ball setting, that team would be tough as nails on defense.
- LilRip

Re: If it was possible... would u trade IT for Butler?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 11:56:23 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
If no Hayward, then maybe

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 11:59:09 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Assuming the Bulls (or a third team) was interested in IT, would you ship him out for Butler? Before you crucify me, check this line up out:

Fultz
Bradley
Butler
Horford

Off the bench: Smart, Jaylen, Crowder (and maybe KO?). If we put Smart in that starting lineup and have Crowder at the 4 in a small ball setting, that team would be tough as nails on defense.
I'd do it, you'd do it, but why would Chicago?

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 12:18:48 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Nah I couldn't do it. I don't think Butler is the superstar some like to believe he is. I know Chicago is a flawed team but they had us on the ropes.

He's not a leader of a contender. IT has proven he is. I know better team and better coach, but also the more dynamic player.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 12:28:13 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Yes. Definitely.

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 12:30:19 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Fultz
Bradley
Butler
Horford

Pretty much, this. I'd even be willing to throw in some sweeteners. I see no reason for Chicago to do this unless we are bringing in a 3rd team to take on IT (Minny, Sac, NYK) with a high pick going to Chicago. It might be necessary to include AB, as well.

I am not in trade IT at any cost camp, but Butler would be an upgrade - especially on the defensive side.

In this scenario, I would absolutely want to bring in Hayward, too.

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 12:31:15 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Nah I couldn't do it. I don't think Butler is the superstar some like to believe he is. I know Chicago is a flawed team but they had us on the ropes.

He's not a leader of a contender. IT has proven he is. I know better team and better coach, but also the more dynamic player.

I feel like every part of this comment is the opposite of the truth.

Butler is the superstar some like to believe he is - multiple allstars
IT has proven he is (leader of a contender) - proven nothing, Cs not a contender
(IT) also the more dynamic player - dynamic includes defense

I would do this trade easily. Hell, throw in next year's brooklyn pick.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 12:35:14 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Isaiah is now damaged goods and his contract is expiring. No way would it be possible, because the Bulls would never do it. If the Bulls were somehow foolish enough to still want to do it, of course we should do it.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 12:45:19 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Chicago wouldn't do it.  I think a more realistic return for IT is Isaiah Canaan.  Basically the same player, right? Let's do that, throw in the Memphis pick if needed.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 12:56:38 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391

Fultz
Bradley
Butler
Horford

Pretty much, this. I'd even be willing to throw in some sweeteners. I see no reason for Chicago to do this unless we are bringing in a 3rd team to take on IT (Minny, Sac, NYK) with a high pick going to Chicago. It might be necessary to include AB, as well.

I am not in trade IT at any cost camp, but Butler would be an upgrade - especially on the defensive side.

In this scenario, I would absolutely want to bring in Hayward, too.

I think a 3rd team definitely has to be involved and it'll be a team that thinks it's on the cusp of being competitive too (NOP maybe? Or Milwaukee?). I wouldn't balk at throwing in Rozier (prospect), a couple of non-BKN picks, AND eat a bad contract to complete the deal.

Maybe something like:
Boston gets Butler
Bucks get IT
Bulls get Jabari, Rozier and picks from Boston

Extra players would have to be thrown in to make salaries work but essentially, something like that.
- LilRip

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 01:01:58 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Why did Jimmy Butler make 3rd team All NBA?  IT made 2nd, and we know he sucks.  That's the only thing that concerns me.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2017, 01:14:14 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I would. Chicago wouldn't.

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2017, 01:22:25 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I honestly have no idea what IT's trade value is around the league. I think he is more valuable to the Celtics than he would be to most other teams. I don't think Danny would hesitate to make that trade, but the Bulls would never even take the phone call for that offer.