Author Topic: Al Horford  (Read 3367 times)

Al Horford
« on: May 22, 2017, 09:25:22 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
His stat lines might drive you nutty given the large swings but last night the primary reason why Avery got a clean look was Horford's screen on Thompson.

This guy consistently does the little things. He is worth every penny and I have never been more confident that he will be part of our next 'ship.

Re: Al Horford
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 09:32:06 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Love love LOVE Al Horford. Have done for quite some time.

He does have a few games where he doesn't play perfectly, but he is incredibly important to this team and how well it has played this season.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 09:42:20 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Total team player. A true Celtic.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 09:43:33 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Horford is frustrating but very necessary at times. I know it doesn't make sense but....

I thought for sure they were either going to call a moving screen or foul on that AB shot.

AB has beaten the Cavs twice now. Here's the other one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAu-pGUhLRI

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 10:50:32 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I hope to see what he looks like with a true center in the game with him soon. He is class and his wife is a great twitter star, too.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 10:52:15 AM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
I liked how he posted up and scored down low. we need bigs who can do that to take heat off outside game. he posted up TT and JR. 

look at TITO watching his boy play!

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 10:53:35 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I hope to see what he looks like with a true center in the game with him soon. He is class and his wife is a great twitter star, too.

His wife, or his sister?

Anna Horford  is his sister.  I know she is always blowing up twitter with witty responses (i.e. Draymond the nut toucher).

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 10:54:10 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I liked how he posted up and scored down low. we need bigs who can do that to take heat off outside game. he posted up TT and JR. 

look at TITO watching his boy play!

tp!

must be proud of his son

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 10:57:51 AM »

Offline MasterEmile

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 46
Moving screen on that last play but I LOVE IT.
Al horford has been amazing this postseason and he deserves every penny on that max contract.
Also avery bradley is playing out of his mind as well these playoffs, the two of them have been just pure fun to watch.

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 11:04:17 AM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 11:17:54 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
The way I see it, Horford should be our center.  Don't think he is quick enough to guard stretch fours out on the perimeter any more. We have to pair him with an athletic PF who can space the floor, grab some rebounds and protect the rim.

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2017, 11:28:00 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
The way I see it, Horford should be our center.  Don't think he is quick enough to guard stretch fours out on the perimeter any more. We have to pair him with an athletic PF who can space the floor, grab some rebounds and protect the rim.

I think a mobile, but, rebounding PF is what we need to put next to Horford. If he can shoot great, but we need a specialized PF who can make up for Horfords weaknesses on the glass and on the perimeter on the defensive end.

So in essence I agree with you. However at this stage of his career I think Horford is better suited to be the rim protector. So if we had someone capable of guarding those quick pfs, we would be golden.
#JKJB

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2017, 11:36:34 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
AB has beaten the Cavs twice now. Here's the other one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAu-pGUhLRI
Was this also Shumpert losing him on this play?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2017, 11:43:01 AM »

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67

I think a mobile, but, rebounding PF is what we need to put next to Horford. If he can shoot great, but we need a specialized PF who can make up for Horfords weaknesses on the glass and on the perimeter on the defensive end.

So in essence I agree with you. However at this stage of his career I think Horford is better suited to be the rim protector. So if we had someone capable of guarding those quick pfs, we would be golden.

Ironically, Tristan Thompson would be a perfect complement to Horford for what we need, but I don't see that happening.

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2017, 11:48:51 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

I agree that ''at this stage of his career he is better suited to be the rim protector''. The thing is he is not long/athletic enough to be an above average rim protector. That's why I think the PF we put next to him has to be able to protect the rim as well.