Author Topic: Help me out with this logic, please  (Read 7132 times)

Re: Help me out with this logic, please
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2017, 05:09:34 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The size difference combined with that incredible explosive finishing ability at the rim distinguishes him from Thomas. This teenager's upside is virtually unlimited. Using Westbrook as a future potential comp seems valid. Whether he fulfills that comparison. who knows?
I find Fultz less explosive and more crafty, but perhaps that's just me.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2017, 05:14:08 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
On Fultz' rapidly changing numbers in 2016 -- this is probably real.
The Hoop Summit happened in April, and USA Basketball -- in July. So if these are real, this means that Fultz shrank an inch and a quarter over two months. And his arms mysteriously grew in the process, because he only lost .5 inch in standing reach.

There's no way both of these are real.

Good point.  I didn't look at the exact chronology.  I just wouldn't be surprised to see his numbers changing over that span of time.

The Hoop Summit measurements are conducted in a similar manner to the Combine event.  I'm not sure about the USA Basketball ones.   That's the one that seems a bit odd.
I'm not sure about the USA Basketball ones either. It's possible that they measured him at some point prior to the announcement? I doubt they typoed the height. And I still can't understand the standing reach.
USA basketball always gives me headaches with the measurements, so I take theirs with a grain of salt. I believe they are liberal with measurements maybe in order to attract players to attend. This is not 100% but I've seen enough to ? the results they put out.

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2017, 05:24:14 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
The size difference combined with that incredible explosive finishing ability at the rim distinguishes him from Thomas. This teenager's upside is virtually unlimited. Using Westbrook as a future potential comp seems valid. Whether he fulfills that comparison. who knows?
Totally agree.  Fox is more explosive.  Jackson is explosive for his size as well.

« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2017, 05:41:19 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I keep reading that Fultz is like IT offensively, except 6'4". Most fans wouldn't be surprised to see Fultz someday put up 25 points and 6 assists.

I'm also reading that IT hurts our offense and that he should be a 6th man.

So, why are we taking Fultz again? Using the #1 pick on a 6th man who would stagnate our offense sounds like a horrible idea.

IT doesn't hurt the offense at all.  I don't think him being a 6th man is crazy but people have to realize that is all symbolic as he would still play 30+ mins and finish every game.

« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2017, 05:56:09 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

His game isn't really much like Westbrook's though.   Westbrook is all about raw explosive athletic power.    Fultz, while definitely an elite athlete, is more about skill and precision in his game.  His most elite athletic attribute is probably his precise body control and balance.

Think of scorers more like Harden, DeRozan, Pierce and Kobe.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2017, 06:46:00 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji