Author Topic: I told everybody - it's all about attitude...  (Read 2464 times)

Re: I told everybody - it's all about attitude...
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2017, 11:16:10 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
Yeah I know people are going to say we just got lucky.  People are going to say Cleveland are still a better team, and that this was a fluke.

Maybe. 

I know people will say that Marcus Smart isn't shooting 8 threes again - but then I bet Kevin Love isn't hitting 8 threes like he did in the first half ever again either.

People will say Lebron won't shoot like this again.  I say that's probably true - but if we defend him as hard as we did today, then we make it hard for him - and that's all we can ask for. 

But the point is that every time you play like this - play hard, fight on every possession, give it all you have, and never give up - you give yourself a fighting chance.  And maybe you win the game, or maybe you lose - but you give yourself a chance.

We just became the first team in the East to beat Clevleand in a playoff game.  We just because the first team in the East to PROVE that Lebron James is not invincible, and that this Cavs team can be beaten.

Now we go out there one more time in game 4, and we play with this same type of intensity, and maybe we lose.  And if we play like this, and we lose to a great team like the Cavs, then I can live with that.

But maybe we win - and if we do that then we go back to Boston tied 2-2, we put a little be of pressure on Cleveland mentally, and maybe (just maybe) Lebron has another mental breakdown and the team falls apart again. 

But if we go in game 4 and play like ****es like we did in games 1 & 2, then you may as well give Lebron the crown.

i doubt the cavs breakdown. the last time we applied serious pressure to lebron he took over and destroyed us. remember 2012? celts down 2-0 in series...........wins 3 straight including game 5 in miami...........then game 6 lebron takes over.

very happy we played tougher but it will take all hands on deck again to squezze out another win anywhere. we need brown and rozier BIGTIME next couple games. we cannot just rely on smart again.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2017, 11:16:57 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2017, 11:18:32 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
In fact, it's all about Smart having a historically good game, and LeBron having a historically bad one. Neither is very likely to repeat any time soon.

i cannot argue that
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2017, 11:40:03 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
In fact, it's all about Smart having a historically good game, and LeBron having a historically bad one. Neither is very likely to repeat any time soon.

i cannot argue that
Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if we can hold LeBron to 15 points again, and have Smart shoot above 45% for a sustained period of time.... however....

*sigh*
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2017, 11:45:33 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Yeah maybe Smart isn't likely to repeat that type of shooting, but it's possible.

Nor is LeBron likely to repeat his, but it's possible. We just need to make him work for his points.

Different guys step up. If LeBron goes off, maybe Love doesn't look like Steph Curry from deep or Tristan Thompson looking like Steph at the charity stripe.

Same with our guys. If Marcus doesn't have 27 tomorrow, maybe AB or Horford or Jae does.

We are clearly a different team without IT. The effort will be there and Brad will have a game plan. Make the extra pass and knock down the open shots and we can make this a long series.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2017, 11:51:23 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

i cannot argue that
Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if we can hold LeBron to 15 points again, and have Smart shoot above 45% for a sustained period of time.... however....

*sigh*

i tend to think this was our anomaly upset game. Prolly be cavs in 5. But i am just happy we showed up and fought. if we could muster up yet another upset it would be great. I am just waiting for lebron to turn it on like game 6 in 2012 and we were up 3-2 that series and coulda won it. but yeah limiting him like that again.wow....would be unreal.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2017, 12:17:21 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

i cannot argue that

*sigh*

i tend to think this was our anomaly upset game. Prolly be cavs in 5. But i am just happy we showed up and fought. if we could muster up yet another upset it would be great. I am just waiting for lebron to turn it on like game 6 in 2012 and we were up 3-2 that series and coulda won it. but yeah limiting him like that again.wow....would be unreal.
Me too, but I have been a lot happier if we did that starting with game 1. There was no reason not to.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2017, 12:22:19 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
Let's just offer to stake the Cavs 20 points at the beginning of the game.  You know, so we can start the comeback earlier.  How's THAT for attitude? 

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2017, 12:27:49 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I also knew heart and attitude would be a factor in this series. Now, usually the Celtics forget to display heart and attitude in the first two games (e.g. the Bulls series), so predictably they lost. But once they remember that they should play with heart and attitude, they always win. I hope they remember to play with heart and attitude in game 4.