Author Topic: Cavs shot 36 free throws, we shot 12  (Read 3632 times)

Re: Cavs shot 36 free throws, we shot 12
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2017, 11:25:54 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I honestly don't understand how people can rally believe the refs are out to get the Celtics. I mean look at our team, we're missing the one guy who consistently goes to the hoop and looks to draw contact, Isaiah. The rest of our guys are limited to straight lines and jump shots. Another way to draw fouls is physical post play, but as we've all noted are bigs are soft so no luck there. Tristan Thompson got 15 free throws because he's grabbing offensive rebounds and we hack him before he gets an easy 2. We play a 2 guys in Jaylen and Kelly who are foul prone, they are an automatic 6-8 a game. Add to the fact that covering Lebron is perhaps the most difficult assignment in the league and you're gonna get some fouls that way. Does Lebron get the benefit of some calls? Yep. Is there a conspiracy. Nope.

Cmon Smart was living in the paint.  Lebron teams have been getting pushed for SO LONG you don't even notice anymore.

Marcus Smart has his own problem, namely that fairly or not officials have marked him as a flopper. In addition the guy has no explosion in the paint, compare him to Isaiah and it looks like he's moving through mud which makes it hard to get a call. All that being said I absolutely agree that Lebron James gets calls, superstars do, it drives me nuts. I just don't think this whole 8 vs 5 thing has any merit, refs aren't out there thinking "We need to ensure the Cavs win."

Weather the bias is conscience or not it's there...

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2017, 11:57:14 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I honestly don't understand how people can rally believe the refs are out to get the Celtics. I mean look at our team, we're missing the one guy who consistently goes to the hoop and looks to draw contact, Isaiah. The rest of our guys are limited to straight lines and jump shots. Another way to draw fouls is physical post play, but as we've all noted are bigs are soft so no luck there. Tristan Thompson got 15 free throws because he's grabbing offensive rebounds and we hack him before he gets an easy 2. We play a 2 guys in Jaylen and Kelly who are foul prone, they are an automatic 6-8 a game. Add to the fact that covering Lebron is perhaps the most difficult assignment in the league and you're gonna get some fouls that way. Does Lebron get the benefit of some calls? Yep. Is there a conspiracy. Nope.

Lebron walks every time he touches the ball. Lebron commits offensive foul after offensive foul without anything being called. Lebron once went FIVE GAMES without being called for a single foul. It's a f ing disgrace.

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2017, 12:04:47 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

Cmon Smart was living in the paint.  Lebron teams have been getting pushed for SO LONG you don't even notice anymore.

Marcus Smart has his own problem, namely that fairly or not officials have marked him as a flopper. In addition the guy has no explosion in the paint, compare him to Isaiah and it looks like he's moving through mud which makes it hard to get a call. All that being said I absolutely agree that Lebron James gets calls, superstars do, it drives me nuts. I just don't think this whole 8 vs 5 thing has any merit, refs aren't out there thinking "We need to ensure the Cavs win."

Weather the bias is conscience or not it's there...

That's fair, I just don't like when fans act like there's some massive conspiracy. It cheapens the sporting event to me.

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2017, 10:00:39 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
How do you win losing the FT contest 36-12, after being down 21 points? There is something going on here but I'm not sure what it is. That is a strange stat.

Stevens should be telling them to take the ball to the hole and maybe the C's control the game.I don't believe the Cavs know where our offense is coming from so they can't double and as long as our assist to turnover ratio stays on the +7 side we're good. They have to play good defense on ALL pick and rolls, not just for IT.