Author Topic: George isn't worth it...  (Read 1019 times)

George isn't worth it...
« on: May 22, 2017, 12:38:06 AM »

Offline WRbleedgreen

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
Paul George is one of the best scorers in the league and would be a huge asset. But, I don't think there is any chance he signs a multi-year deal with the Celtics. If he would, then yes I would give a big package, including the #1 pick, but I don't think the risk is worth it at all. A lot of people are talking about George (and Butler, whose situation is a little different) in their starting lineup, but is it even close to worth giving up Fultz, who has potential to be GREAT, for 1 year of George?

On a side note: Butler isn't the guy that will push us over the edge either. Building around Fultz/Brown with a FA signing like Hayward, with Horford around the next few years, is the way to go. Being in the ECF makes it seem so close, but even Paul George around one year or Butler in our lineup doesn't get us close enough.

Re: George isn't worth it...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 01:02:15 AM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
George wants to go to LA i dont know why they are not even as close as the Celtics are to the top. The have alot of dead weight there in LA and i dont even see last years #2 pick developing yet. Its gonna be a 4 to 5 year plan to get that team back in contention. Tank masters

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 01:05:46 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I think Paul George would be very receptive to a long term deal in Boston. I think his obsession with LA is largely a media creation.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 02:48:17 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
I really doubt PG will commit long term to us since he showed his tremendous love toward LA

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 06:21:06 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Gordon Hayward is on George's level, he doesn't bring George's drama, and he doesn't cost assets.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes