Author Topic: Is Lebron Hurt?  (Read 8847 times)

Re: Is Lebron Hurt?
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2017, 01:42:44 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I honestly think he might be hurt.

I'm still going back to the limping and grabbing his calf in game 2.

He had no explosiveness last night besides a wide open alley oop.

Keep an eye on this, cause if this is the Lebron we see the rest of the way, we have a series.

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2017, 01:55:34 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I am still in Cleveland and they are saying Lebron lost on purpose in order to get them focused for tougher opponent. He supposedly didnt like way some of teammates were acting after wins. He did appear to be frustrated during game and fire was not there in his eyes. I think it was our D and changed gameplan but cleveland fans dont!.

I don't put this past LeBron.  Maybe not trying to lose necessarily but laying back to see what his team can do.  Make his team work some.  Maybe not minding a loss.  Gives him something to bark at this team about.  Even if they won the close game. it would still wake up the team some.

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2017, 02:01:13 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Not hurt, just didn't have it.  When you see those lazy, floating skip passes you can tell he's not dialed in.  I think he relaxed mentally when Love nearly put us away in the first half.

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2017, 07:13:09 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
This is also true. 

Finals against the Mavs, finals against the Spurs, every single season in the pre-Miami days.  Through most of his days in Miami it was Wade, not Lebron, who was the clutch winner.

But I do believe Lebron has mostly turned the corner at that - though I still think he is prone to falling apart in the big moments.

He has got better in that regard but he still has moments when he does come up short when it matters more than say a Jordan.  That is why I think comparisons to  Jordan are way off.  But yeah, James has had less of these choke games.   MJ had some stinkers too.

This is one of MJ worst games  still 29 points. SHOOTING 9/35 IN A PLAYOFF GAME!

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199705260MIA.html

Another of his worst:

No. 2 Jordan worst – In game four vs Utah in 1997, the 34 year-old Jordan, tied a personal career finals low with only 22 points. He was 11/27 from the field, and the Bulls lost their second in a row against the Jazz.

http://www.thesportster.com/basketball/michael-jordans-top-15-worst-moments/

As I could tell LeBron low is 7, I know he had a game with 8 and now 11 courtesy of us

https://www.si.com/nba/point-forward/2014/05/29/lebron-james-foul-trouble-game-5-heat-pacers

I wonder if Windhorst thinks he did those on purpose too?  For the record, I don't LBJ or Jordan but they are all time greats and I place Jordan ahead of Lebron.

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2017, 07:24:00 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Lebron always brings his A game when it's needed, but the flip side is that he doesn't always bring it when it isn't needed.

It's unlikely we'll see that version of Lebron again.

« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2017, 07:31:25 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
his ego maybe

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2017, 07:55:27 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I am still in Cleveland and they are saying Lebron lost on purpose in order to get them focused for tougher opponent. He supposedly didnt like way some of teammates were acting after wins. He did appear to be frustrated during game and fire was not there in his eyes. I think it was our D and changed gameplan but cleveland fans dont!.

I don't put this past LeBron.  Maybe not trying to lose necessarily but laying back to see what his team can do.  Make his team work some.  Maybe not minding a loss.  Gives him something to bark at this team about.  Even if they won the close game. it would still wake up the team some.

I absolutely agree. He is always interested to assess his teammates and what they can do - or can't. He should've sat though if that's what he wanted. They might've done better with Jefferson playing instead and making whatever point he was making moot.

I just can't stand him so I am biased. I remember those previous games against us too and thought he wasn't (obviously) trying. Why... yeah, assess team, point out his own importance or their dependence or both, just take it as easy as he thinks his teammates have it... whatever. I have no doubt he believes the series is in the bag.   Maybe his kids kept him up late. Wife. Mistress. Old movie. And he was tired. Doesn't make him any less of a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2017, 06:18:48 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Its posible

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2017, 06:24:55 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
He had his worst game of the playoffs and the Cavs finally lose. Coincidence? No. Replace him with someone like say Butler and the C's would probably win the series. That's how much his team is built around him.

Do you really think those Miami teams were any different? You could make the argument that Wade > Irving but Love and this bench > Bosh and Miami bench.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2017, 06:30:34 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
He's been playing a million minutes every game for months.

Now he knows that Thomas is out and he can ease up. Glad the Celts made the Cavs pay for that complacency.

Oh please.  Since returning to Cleveland he has taken plenty of time off each season, rarely plays back-to-backs, he got two full weeks of rest during this postseason, alone, and his team has depth.  If he really is tired I don't want to hear about it.

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2017, 06:56:58 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I don't think we would have needed a buzzer beater by AB if Lebron attempted to lose this one on purpose; that is preposterous. Lebron just mostly sucked and wasn't mentally there - it happens.

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2017, 04:28:36 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
He had his worst game of the playoffs and the Cavs finally lose. Coincidence? No. Replace him with someone like say Butler and the C's would probably win the series. That's how much his team is built around him.

Do you really think those Miami teams were any different? You could make the argument that Wade > Irving but Love and this bench > Bosh and Miami bench.
You can make the argument.  Bosh shot 53.8% from 3 during their first title run.  Battier was a perfect glue guy.  Haslem was solid.  Mike Miller was at least as good as Korver has been.  Ray Allen was money in 2013.  The teams are comparable.

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2017, 04:38:17 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Richard Jefferson says he had the bug floating around the team.  Not a serious illness but enough to have an effect
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2017, 05:19:43 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

How to stay young as a superstar  in the NBA: exchange your supporting cast for a younger cast of equal talent

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2017, 05:27:09 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Its posible

Its more probable that folks created this to continue his myth.   He is a great player, an all time great but sometimes greats lose.   The real men among the greats don't feel the need to have their cronies or themselves make stuff up, they man up.   The insecure ones, well it is always something.