Author Topic: Is Lebron Hurt?  (Read 8892 times)

Re: Is Lebron Hurt?
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2017, 01:22:04 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
he will score at least 50 next game. book it.

Let me put this theory out there b4 someone else does, LBJ didn't get voted as an MVP finalist so he showed in game 2 that he is the real MVP and in game 3 he showed what it's like when he doesn't play like the MVP. I think he is that full of himself that he would do that. LOL
0% chance.

makes negative sense.

doesn't have to make sense.
lol good point.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2017, 01:42:13 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
To me, tonight was Exhibit A why LeBron is nowhere near the greatest of all time. Top 10, yes, but to say he's already better than MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe and others is way too premature. It wasn't like we came back from down 21 all in a quick spurt - it was gradual and methodical. A player in the running to be the GOAT would step up and make sure his team doesn't lose that game.

I'm not saying Paul Pierce was better than LeBron, but there's no way Pierce would've let a game get away from us like that without making some big buckets and getting to the line. Why didn't LeBron? When the game is on the line, 99% of the time LeBron absolutely refuses to shoot. That's always been the case, but his stats over the course of the game have always been so amazing that he doesn't take much criticism for it.

I've said it here before, but there's no way LeBron would've shot - or made - the shot that Kyrie made to win Game 7 at Golden State. He just doesn't have the balls for it.
Lebron is the second greatest player of all time.

Also, he has shot a higher percentage on a higher volume of shots in "clutch" moments when compared to Kobe.

His stats in elimination games are also otherworldly. People love to hate on Lebron. I get it. But to say hes not top 5 all time? thats just being a hater.
Calling him the second greatest player of all time is a very big stretch, considering the stage of his career. If he goes on to win 2 more championships or so, then I'd consider him in that top 3-5 region, but he still has a few years to go before that stage.
If he never wins another ring, hes still second greatest of all time.

Thats just the way it is. I dont like it either.

If he wins this year(which I dont expect to happen). The MJ vs. Lebron debate gets VERY interesting.

Bill Russell is GOAT!

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2017, 04:20:41 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
To me, tonight was Exhibit A why LeBron is nowhere near the greatest of all time. Top 10, yes, but to say he's already better than MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe and others is way too premature. It wasn't like we came back from down 21 all in a quick spurt - it was gradual and methodical. A player in the running to be the GOAT would step up and make sure his team doesn't lose that game.

I'm not saying Paul Pierce was better than LeBron, but there's no way Pierce would've let a game get away from us like that without making some big buckets and getting to the line. Why didn't LeBron? When the game is on the line, 99% of the time LeBron absolutely refuses to shoot. That's always been the case, but his stats over the course of the game have always been so amazing that he doesn't take much criticism for it.

I've said it here before, but there's no way LeBron would've shot - or made - the shot that Kyrie made to win Game 7 at Golden State. He just doesn't have the balls for it.
Lebron is the second greatest player of all time.

Also, he has shot a higher percentage on a higher volume of shots in "clutch" moments when compared to Kobe.

His stats in elimination games are also otherworldly. People love to hate on Lebron. I get it. But to say hes not top 5 all time? thats just being a hater.
Calling him the second greatest player of all time is a very big stretch, considering the stage of his career. If he goes on to win 2 more championships or so, then I'd consider him in that top 3-5 region, but he still has a few years to go before that stage.
If he never wins another ring, hes still second greatest of all time.

Thats just the way it is. I dont like it either.

If he wins this year(which I dont expect to happen). The MJ vs. Lebron debate gets VERY interesting.
Kareem, Russell, Bird and Magic are all probably better than him - definitely are in my opinion. LBJ never dealt with opposition that Bird/Magic did, or MJ did, or Russell did with Wilt and West. He's just not on their level as it stands.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2017, 05:38:24 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
At this point I don't think you can make a list of players that are better than Lebron.  That's pretty crazy.  I'm a Jordan guy and I have always disliked Lebron, but there are so many ways that Lebron is even better than Jordan.   Passing, rebounding, shooting.   The guy is an elite alltime great.   Every year we have new Harden's and Westrooks.   Where are they now?  Every freaking year Lebron goes to the finals.   He's just awesome.

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2017, 05:46:57 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
You can throw Hakeem in the mix there.

Arguably the most versatile big man in history - he could score, pass, rebound, defend, shoot.  Only man in history (I believe) to record two quadrouple doubles, and he has two championships to his name. 

He likely would have more titles then that if he didn't play in the era of Michael Jordan.

But I do have to admit, as much as I do not like Lebron as a person, he's an incredible talent.  There are not many guys (if any) that I can think of who can switch to pretty much any team, and that team immediately ends up in the finals. That's pretty much what's happened with Lebron's past 7 seasons. 

And when you look at the guys he has around him, his best two teamamtes are Kyrie and Love - and while those guys are very talented players, they aren't winners.  Lets be honest - how many games did the Cavs and Woves win when Kyrie and Love were their best players?  How many times did those two guys carry their teams to the playoffs?  AFAIK the answer is zero.

Thomas instantly turned this Celtics team from a lottery team with the 6rd worst record to a team that made the playoffs three years straight, and the Hawks did not once miss the playoffs since Horford started playing there, so both Horford and Thomas are proven leaders and winners.   

Kyrie and Love are proven to be the complete opposite of that, and as talented as that Cavs team is, they are nothing without Lebron.

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2017, 06:44:37 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Passing, rebounding, shooting.   

But not winning titles.  Nor can I ever recall Jordan choking up in a game like LeBron has done quite a few times, don't get me wrong, we would not have won if he was on his game.   But he has choked up and not showed a few other times.   Maybe he felt sorry and took the night off for us, but his body language definitely did not imply it.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 08:12:02 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2017, 08:57:25 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Passing, rebounding, shooting.   

But not winning titles.  Nor can I ever recall Jordan choking up in a game like LeBron has done quite a few times, don't get me wrong, we would not have won if he was on his game.   But he has choked up and not showed a few other times.   Maybe he felt sorry and took the night off for us, but his body language definitely did not imply it.

This is also true. 

Finals against the Mavs, finals against the Spurs, every single season in the pre-Miami days.  Through most of his days in Miami it was Wade, not Lebron, who was the clutch winner.

But I do believe Lebron has mostly turned the corner at that - though I still think he is prone to falling apart in the big moments.

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2017, 09:03:21 AM »

Online BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I am still in Cleveland and they are saying Lebron lost on purpose in order to get them focused for tougher opponent. He supposedly didnt like way some of teammates were acting after wins. He did appear to be frustrated during game and fire was not there in his eyes. I think it was our D and changed gameplan but cleveland fans dont!.

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2017, 09:08:06 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
You can throw Hakeem in the mix there.

Arguably the most versatile big man in history - he could score, pass, rebound, defend, shoot.  Only man in history (I believe) to record two quadrouple doubles, and he has two championships to his name. 

He likely would have more titles then that if he didn't play in the era of Michael Jordan.

But I do have to admit, as much as I do not like Lebron as a person, he's an incredible talent.  There are not many guys (if any) that I can think of who can switch to pretty much any team, and that team immediately ends up in the finals. That's pretty much what's happened with Lebron's past 7 seasons. 

And when you look at the guys he has around him, his best two teamamtes are Kyrie and Love - and while those guys are very talented players, they aren't winners.  Lets be honest - how many games did the Cavs and Woves win when Kyrie and Love were their best players?  How many times did those two guys carry their teams to the playoffs?  AFAIK the answer is zero.

Thomas instantly turned this Celtics team from a lottery team with the 6rd worst record to a team that made the playoffs three years straight, and the Hawks did not once miss the playoffs since Horford started playing there, so both Horford and Thomas are proven leaders and winners.   

Kyrie and Love are proven to be the complete opposite of that, and as talented as that Cavs team is, they are nothing without Lebron.
Definitely agree with the mentioning of Hakeem in the same sentence as those other guys I mentioned. I always feel as though he is overlooked, despite being widely regarded as one of the best big men ever to play the game.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely concede that LeBron is a comfortable top 10 of all time. But to say that he is the "second best player ever" is just a bit much.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2017, 09:08:28 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I am still in Cleveland and they are saying Lebron lost on purpose in order to get them focused for tougher opponent. He supposedly didnt like way some of teammates were acting after wins. He did appear to be frustrated during game and fire was not there in his eyes. I think it was our D and changed gameplan but cleveland fans dont!.
Total BS.  He's not hurt, and not trying to send a message.  He simply didn't play well, it happens.

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2017, 09:12:40 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Not sure what his deal was but we played team ball for a change and stopped with all those horrible switches that matches him up with small or slow guys.

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2017, 09:12:43 AM »

• Don Nelson
Total BS.  He's not hurt, and not trying to send a message.  He simply didn't play well, it happens.

Exactly! They got so p---y last night! Luke they just lost the finals! I never enjoyed being at a game more but I have to leave today and cant be at game tomorrow but I left some voodoo in the arena!

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2017, 09:16:29 AM »

• Don Nelson
It kind of reminded me like when a bully suddenly realizes the bullied kids are not gonna take it anymore. His body language was reminiscent of that famous playoff game years ago vs Pierce and company! It was a thing of beauty to behold in  person.

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2017, 09:23:54 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

Cavs fans are delusional.

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2017, 09:43:19 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Cavs fans are delusional.
I don't think this is particularly delusional or far-fetched.

Cleveland had two timeouts left and didn't even bother to try to win with a tip-in, which was completely incomprehensible.

edit: Eh, I'm an idiot, they were down 3 at that point.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."