Author Topic: Is Lebron Hurt?  (Read 8890 times)

Re: Is Lebron Hurt?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2017, 11:43:19 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
It's time to turn the heat way up in game 5. The literal heat. Remember what happened to LeBron in the heat in Texas? Red smiles down from heaven!

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2017, 11:43:41 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
just Butt hurt now

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2017, 11:45:33 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
He took the night off. Game 4 he will get 30pts.
maybe 40

Our defensive gameplan forced him to pass tonight and make the other guys beat us. It worked.
yeah, but hes the greatest player of the generation. When he locks in he can get 40 even if you triple team him.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2017, 11:51:27 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
Now maybe the press and announcers and various talking heads can stop talking about LeBron for 10 minutes and talk about these indomitable Celtics the team with all the heart in the world that never say quit! That's your story tomorrow. No some BS about LeBron stubbed his toe! Jordan, Bird and Magic would've never turned in that stinker in the finals.

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2017, 11:56:31 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
For some reason or other he was pouting tonight. His biggest weakness has always been between the ears. It is why he is different than Jordan and the comparisons have always ridiculous

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2017, 12:00:51 AM »

Offline jakeopp

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
He looked passive and afraid to drive tonight, kind of unusual for him. Maybe just tired, maybe the refs were allowing more physical defense than the previous two games? Playing without IT certainly helped on that end as well, no easy matchups for him tonight.

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2017, 12:31:58 AM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
To me, tonight was Exhibit A why LeBron is nowhere near the greatest of all time. Top 10, yes, but to say he's already better than MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe and others is way too premature. It wasn't like we came back from down 21 all in a quick spurt - it was gradual and methodical. A player in the running to be the GOAT would step up and make sure his team doesn't lose that game.

I'm not saying Paul Pierce was better than LeBron, but there's no way Pierce would've let a game get away from us like that without making some big buckets and getting to the line. Why didn't LeBron? When the game is on the line, 99% of the time LeBron absolutely refuses to shoot. That's always been the case, but his stats over the course of the game have always been so amazing that he doesn't take much criticism for it.

I've said it here before, but there's no way LeBron would've shot - or made - the shot that Kyrie made to win Game 7 at Golden State. He just doesn't have the balls for it.

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2017, 12:33:53 AM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
For some reason or other he was pouting tonight. His biggest weakness has always been between the ears. It is why he is different than Jordan and the comparisons have always ridiculous

Completely agree. LeBron's killer instinct is nowhere near guys like MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe, etc. He's been absolutely coddled his entire NBA career, so he hasn't had to fight for it like a lot of other all-time greats have.

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2017, 12:41:08 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
To me, tonight was Exhibit A why LeBron is nowhere near the greatest of all time. Top 10, yes, but to say he's already better than MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe and others is way too premature. It wasn't like we came back from down 21 all in a quick spurt - it was gradual and methodical. A player in the running to be the GOAT would step up and make sure his team doesn't lose that game.

I'm not saying Paul Pierce was better than LeBron, but there's no way Pierce would've let a game get away from us like that without making some big buckets and getting to the line. Why didn't LeBron? When the game is on the line, 99% of the time LeBron absolutely refuses to shoot. That's always been the case, but his stats over the course of the game have always been so amazing that he doesn't take much criticism for it.

I've said it here before, but there's no way LeBron would've shot - or made - the shot that Kyrie made to win Game 7 at Golden State. He just doesn't have the balls for it.
Lebron is the second greatest player of all time.

Also, he has shot a higher percentage on a higher volume of shots in "clutch" moments when compared to Kobe.

His stats in elimination games are also otherworldly. People love to hate on Lebron. I get it. But to say hes not top 5 all time? thats just being a hater.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2017, 12:43:45 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Completely agree. LeBron's killer instinct is nowhere near guys like MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe, etc. He's been absolutely coddled his entire NBA career, so he hasn't had to fight for it like a lot of other all-time greats have.

JUST stop already. LeBron is better than Kobe Bryant already, that is why you are talking about him.

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2017, 12:49:19 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Also, he has shot a higher percentage on a higher volume of shots in "clutch" moments when compared to Kobe.

His stats in elimination games are also otherworldly. People love to hate on Lebron. I get it. But to say hes not top 5 all time? thats just being a hater.
Calling him the second greatest player of all time is a very big stretch, considering the stage of his career. If he goes on to win 2 more championships or so, then I'd consider him in that top 3-5 region, but he still has a few years to go before that stage.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2017, 12:54:31 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
he will score at least 50 next game. book it.

Let me put this theory out there b4 someone else does, LBJ didn't get voted as an MVP finalist so he showed in game 2 that he is the real MVP and in game 3 he showed what it's like when he doesn't play like the MVP. I think he is that full of himself that he would do that. LOL
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 01:03:38 AM by ImShakHeIsShaq »
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2017, 01:07:37 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Calling him the second greatest player of all time is a very big stretch, considering the stage of his career. If he goes on to win 2 more championships or so, then I'd consider him in that top 3-5 region, but he still has a few years to go before that stage.
If he never wins another ring, hes still second greatest of all time.

Thats just the way it is. I dont like it either.

If he wins this year(which I dont expect to happen). The MJ vs. Lebron debate gets VERY interesting.

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2017, 01:11:04 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Let me put this theory out there b4 someone else does, LBJ didn't get voted as an MVP finalist so he showed in game 2 that he is the real MVP and in game 3 he showed what it's like when he doesn't play like the MVP. I think he is that full of himself that he would do that. LOL
0% chance.

makes negative sense.

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2017, 01:19:59 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

0% chance.

makes negative sense.

doesn't have to make sense.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)