Author Topic: Reid Forgrave (CBS Sports) has Celtics taking Jayson Tatum #1  (Read 12448 times)

Re: Reid Forgrave (CBS Sports) has Celtics taking Jayson Tatum #1
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2017, 12:29:53 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
“If he's not the No. 1 pick, I've got to see the guy who is,” Notre Dame coach Mike Brey said after Duke beat the Irish in the ACC tournament title game. “He plays with the poise and pace now of an older player. They’ve done a great job bringing him along and putting him in situations where he can be really successful. He's an amazingly gifted guy, and he has a great demeanor. He just kind of stays calm and plays.
“What’s shocking is, when you're standing on the floor, how big he is. His size is imposing in that he gets up over the top of people.”

Interesting

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2017, 12:33:14 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
“If he's not the No. 1 pick, I've got to see the guy who is,” Notre Dame coach Mike Brey said after Duke beat the Irish in the ACC tournament title game. “He plays with the poise and pace now of an older player. They’ve done a great job bringing him along and putting him in situations where he can be really successful. He's an amazingly gifted guy, and he has a great demeanor. He just kind of stays calm and plays.
“What’s shocking is, when you're standing on the floor, how big he is. His size is imposing in that he gets up over the top of people.”

Interesting

Not really. College coaches' jobs are not to evaluate talent in the context of the NBA. Furthermore, this is doubly meaningless, as the claim is based on just one game.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2017, 12:36:27 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Interesting

Not really. College coaches' jobs are not to evaluate talent in the context of the NBA. Furthermore, this is doubly meaningless, as the claim is based on just one game.
ND played Duke twice, but the point is basically the same.

Also ND didnt play Washington, Kansas, or UCLA so Brey didnt see any of the other top prospects.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2017, 12:38:35 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Interesting

ND played Duke twice, but the point is basically the same.

Also ND didnt play Washington, Kansas, or UCLA so Brey didnt see any of the other top prospects.

It's also not like the coach is evaluating Tatum on every possession on both ends. I guess it's a nice endorsement of Tatum, but it's meaningless.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2017, 12:47:42 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
The Celtics being interested in Tatum is either the worst kept secret in the league right now or a smokescreen. I can't believe that if they really liked Tatum that much we'd be hearing so much about it.

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2017, 02:57:29 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Its an interesting rumor

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2017, 12:14:15 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
The Celtics being interested in Tatum is either the worst kept secret in the league right now or a smokescreen. I can't believe that if they really liked Tatum that much we'd be hearing so much about it.
don't think Danny shows smoke screens for draft. I remember back in2014 seeing the "Celtics like Marcus smart a lot" before the draft thinking its a smoke screen, then what do you know

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2017, 12:36:18 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Clickbait, nothing more

If Danny really wants Tatum he'll trade down to #3. It's also the type of move that will get a GM fired if it doesn't pan out quickly.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2017, 12:42:38 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
At 1 min and 20 second..  what a sweet lay in by Tatum
https://youtu.be/nGURfIKXaGE

Recent clip 18 threes in 1 minute
https://youtu.be/pOMdmOmwozY

Im cool with either Fultz or Tatum. Tatum has recently said reasons he should go #1. Fultz has said he can play with IT4.  So neither is going to pull a Ball . And come in for workouts. Up to Danny now

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2017, 12:44:31 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
don't think Danny shows smoke screens for draft. I remember back in2014 seeing the "Celtics like Marcus smart a lot" before the draft thinking its a smoke screen, then what do you know
didnt we "really like" bender and Dunn last year?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2017, 12:45:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
i want Fultz ....star potential .....my only concern is he doesn't break down like D.Rose.  Like buying a Ferrari .....high perfotmance =high maintenance

Tatum is the safe bet to be a strong starter some day , a complete player reminds me of Horford

Tatum is CBS dream player ......but Fultz is guy that really could fill the seats ,  be a Harden or Wall like star ......its hard for Owners to pass over a Fultz to take Tatum.  I suspect DA is smitten with what Fultz could mean , if he pans out .
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 12:53:35 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2017, 12:50:46 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
didnt we "really like" bender and Dunn last year?
no. They liked brown Murray and hield http://www.section5ive.com/5ivethings-offseason-preview/

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2017, 12:51:16 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
i want Fultz ....star potential .....my only concern is he doesn't break down like D.Rose.  Like buying a Ferrari .....high perfotmance =high maintenance

Tatum is the safe bet to be a strong starter some day , a complete player .

I agree.. season ending knee pain a little bit of a concern (Fultz)

Saw a clip of Tatum standing beside Justin Jackson (measured at 6'8 1/4) at the recent combine. Tatum looked a little taller.  So 6'9?

with added mass..should be able to play stretch 4 at the nba level.

Tatum and Brown could be fantastic at the forwad positions

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2017, 12:59:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Saw a clip of Tatum standing beside Justin Jackson (measured at 6'8 1/4) at the recent combine. Tatum looked a little taller.  So 6'9?

Thing is if you pass up Fultz for Tatum......and then he goes John Wall or Westbrook crazy on another team ....we will never ever ....ever hear the end of it. ..Danny would burnt at the stake    It would go down in NBA history as one of the greatest misses . 

im crossing my fingers and hoping Fultz knee s is just a non issue in the future.

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2017, 01:04:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Thing is if you pass up Fultz for Tatum......and then he goes John Wall or Westbrook crazy on another team ....we will never ever ....ever hear the end of it. ..Danny would burnt at the stake    It would go down in NBA history as one of the greatest misses . 

im crossing my fingers and hoping Fultz knee s is just a non issue in the future.

Yes but what if Fultz turns into Eric Gordon(including injury riddled career) while Tatum turns into Granger (at peak)?

What bugs me a little about Fultz is his non chanlant attitude at times on court.  But Horford is kind of like that also...

We will see who Danny picks (or trades)... But both of these guys Im sure are in his list of top 3