Poll

Do You Think Porzingis Could Be Traded Sometime In Next Few Years?

Yes, Traded To Boston
10 (27%)
Yes, But To ANOTHER Team
5 (13.5%)
No, He Will Stay With New York Long-Term (Pipe Dream He's Traded)
22 (59.5%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: BOLD PREDICTION: Porzingis Will Be Traded To Boston In February 2018  (Read 6558 times)

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I keep harping on the idea that if the Knicks are really nervous about retaining KP long term and are still having a problem convincing Melo to waive his no-trade, the C's should try to get Porzingis for a package centered around IT and Horford.

The Knicks might do it because they'd have a core to help them compete now, the Celtics might do it (in spite of the bad optics of sending Horford away so fast and trading the new face of the franchise) because they wind up with the potential best player, it solves many of their roster problems, and that core can compete together for the next 12 years.

Even though its a step backwards I think the team still makes the playoffs. Smart, Bradley, Crowder, Olynyk, Porzingis, with Fultz, Brown, Zizic off the bench. Maybe start Brown with Crowder and player small ball.
That trade would have us taking back Noah's contract, which is a valuable move for the KNicks as well. I like how we keep the BKN 2018 pick...which could be another big in Ayton.
IMO Fultz will enter training camp and show-out from the start. He will have had a good amount of time in our strength and conditioning program plus enough time to work on his isolation defense.
Brown is also the rare type of player that exponentially progresses over an off-season. Look at how much he progressed from SL to Preseason....especially his form/fluidity on his jumper and 3-point shot...as well as his finishing ability.

Training camp is going to be extremely competitive because the players know only their play will get them minutes.

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
They just re-hired the coach

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
They just re-hired the coach

It almost seemed like they were trying to anger him.  I guess this is Phil's olive branch,