Poll

Do You Think Porzingis Could Be Traded Sometime In Next Few Years?

Yes, Traded To Boston
10 (27%)
Yes, But To ANOTHER Team
5 (13.5%)
No, He Will Stay With New York Long-Term (Pipe Dream He's Traded)
22 (59.5%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: BOLD PREDICTION: Porzingis Will Be Traded To Boston In February 2018  (Read 6551 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Now I don't expect Porzingis to be dealt this summer, because it "seems" like it would be moronic for the Knicks to deal literally the only bright spot in their organization. He's definitely untouchable this summer, BUT unlike many others here, I do think Porzingis will ultimately be on the trade market sometime soon and may actually get dealt (just not this summer in particular).

It's almost a GIVEN that Melo will be traded, to a team like LAC (or maybe even Boston?), and as much as we want to question Melo's motivation and abilities now, let's be real, without Melo, that team may actually be just as bad as the Nets. Even with their first round pick added, it's not like they are an attraction for good FA's now, so they are stuck with this "bad" team.

Also, others have posted on here about Porzingis's brother visiting Phil, and not much happening in that meeting. Seems pretty obvious that Porzingis does not like the route of this Knicks franchise, and although he is saying the right things right now, let's be real, even if he was hacked, the timing of that "Clippers" tweet was pretty spot on, and he missed the exit meeting and went back home. And with Melo gone, who are these Knicks really?

Unless the Knicks miraculously come out next season winning a ton of games (DOUBT IT), I think Porzingis will get even more frustrated, and seeing how Phil and Dolan treated Melo last season, wouldn't surprise me if they point fingers at others, INCLUDING Porzingis. Which makes me think he will demand a trade as early as next February (trade deadline).

And you should surely bet Ainge and the C's will be interested in him, especially with the 2018 Nets Pick on hand, and some future firsts too in 2019. I'm sure they can make it work, and it's possible like they did with Melo, Porzingis's trade value goes down just enough to suffice a deal without giving up too, too much.

What do you guys think? Is this a possibility or a PURE pipe dream (Porzingis will be a Knick LONG TERM)?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Bump.

Knicks fired Josh Longstaff, the assistant coach, who most of the young players in NYK loved INCLUDING Porzingis.

Porzingis is not happy about it at all.

On First Take, Max even thinks Porzingis will end up traded if the Knicks FO continues their ways and they keep losing, and he mentioned BOS as a possibility.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I like Zinger, but he ain't worth the number one pick..
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
I would totally trade the 2018 Nets pick for KP.

Isaiah/Fultz/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Crowder/Brown
Porzingis/Kelly/Yabusele
Horford/Zizic

And that's not even signing a free agent. We'd be so deep and athletic we could run teams into the ground. And hound them into subpar offensive performances.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I would totally trade the 2018 Nets pick for KP.

Isaiah/Fultz/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Crowder/Brown
Porzingis/Kelly/Yabusele
Horford/Zizic

And that's not even signing a free agent. We'd be so deep and athletic we could run teams into the ground. And hound them into subpar offensive performances.

That lineup looks so good.

It's possible they add Hayward and lose one of Crowder/Bradley, but that's an upgrade too.

But AB and Crowder played VERY well last night too.

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Don't think they would consider that kind of trade until after the 2018 Lottery.

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
trade IT for KP with NYK right to flip picks next year ...

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
IDK convince me Zinger isn't just another soft "spread the floor" big who couldn't get a rebound to save his life and would just get pushed around by guys like Tristan Thompson in the playoffs.

Convince me he isn't a rich man's KO..

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
TP, Phantom for the thread/poll.

I voted pipedream, BUT, I think that if we ate Melo's contract, NYKs might be enticed. The Zen guy can kickstart his rebuild and dump Melo at the same time.

KO (S&Td),
Zeller (salary ballast)
#1 (Fultz)
Rozier
Boston #1 in '18
Memphis or Clips pick (if needed)
ANY seconds as needed

for

Porzingis
Melo
O'Quinn or Hernangomez
Knicks '17 1st

IT/Smart/DJ
Bradley/Jaylen
Melo/Crowder
Zinger/O'Quinn
Horford/Zizic

We still have a lotto pick this year and next year for the future and a team that could beat the Cavs now.

Knicks get a marquee #1 for NYC, a slew of drat picks and a backcourt for the future in Fultz/Rozier.

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
No Fultz or Brown for Porzingis. 

I would give up pretty much anything else, though.  Crowder, BK18, Grizzlies Pick, a couple of our picks, Zizic -those are all great assets.  Crowder & BK 18 could be a package that's worth more at the end of the day.

I would like to have a staring line up of: IT / Bradley / Hayward / Horford / Porzingis now and have a core of Fultz / Brown / Smart / Porzingis for the future.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
if we can keep Brown , Smart and Fultz

He would be an amazing addtion for a future dynasty

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Imagine if we could deal BRook 2018, two future firsts, Crowder and Rozier for Zinger and Sign Hayward?

It/Fultz
Bradley/Smart
Hayward/Brown
Horford/Rebko
Zinger/KO

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
First take mentioned KP and were also at one point talking about the possibility of us trading IT. I don't listen much to them and only saw it because it showed up in my youtube feed.

I would not give: Jaylen Brown, Fultz, or the BKN 2018 nor our 2018.

One thing we could do is take back their bad contracts like Noah's to add more value w/o giving more in assets.

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
if we can keep Brown , Smart and Fultz

He would be an amazing addtion for a future dynasty
I put the BKN 18 pick way above Smart as far as value.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
trade IT for KP with NYK right to flip picks next year ...

I heard the Knicks have got rid of KP's favorite coach, so maybe Ainge and Phil have some kind of deal in place already but I think it is a reach.