Author Topic: I played for Rollie Massimino  (Read 3604 times)

I played for Rollie Massimino
« on: May 21, 2017, 11:02:43 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Georgetown undefeated with EWING vs 15th ranked Villanova in Finals ----lost
Cavaliers at home after two blowouts and the Celts play scrappy.++
No Isaiah to hide on defense or lean on at the offensive end .The shots start falling and defense improves Celts make a game of it.
I played for Rollie at Lexington in quarter finals of Tech Tourney, We played top seeded undefeated Jamaica Plain,all black, tall with length,strength and quick twitch.
.Massimino was like a cross of Bobby Knight and Van Gunday with the size of Joe Pesci including his Goodfellas temperament.
He taught pressure help man to man team defense ,they never knew what hit them-Talent lost that day. .
WE need a perfect storm to sink these guys just once.

Re: I played for Rollie Massimino
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 12:16:21 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
yes, i watched Jimmy V and NC state upset PHI SLAMMA JAMMA aka Hakeem and the cougars and i watched Villanova upset georgetown but there is one small thing you are forgetting here.

VILLANOVA SHOT like 80% from the floor in order to win that game. WE ARE NOT HITTING that against Cleveland. let's try to stop grasping for straws here. we are done like dinner. I am sorry but no amount of propaganda and emotional rah rah cheerleading is going to put us over the top.

Maybe you could have preached this back in 2012 when we had a team with an actual chance of beating lebron and we almost did. but this team? come on man. The last two games showed us all we need to see.

THE FUTURE HOWEVER IS BRIGHT! BROWN! FULTZ! ZIZIC! 2018 pick! eventually a FA!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 12:46:44 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
 Unfortunately the way the NBA playoffs are set up - forcing you to win 4 best of seven series - pretty much eliminates any chance of real upsets.  The Celtics team taking the floor vs Cleveland today could play the Cavs 100 times  in a playoff scenario - and lose about 98 of them.  Regular season is a different story but when you have a motivated Cavs team looking to send messages to their finals opponent - and LeBron on the team - the odds of winning are remote at best and probably next to non-existent.

The Cavs haven't let down once since the playoffs started.

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 12:58:24 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Unfortunately the way the NBA playoffs are set up - forcing you to win 4 best of seven series - pretty much eliminates any chance of real upsets.  The Celtics team taking the floor vs Cleveland today could play the Cavs 100 times  in a playoff scenario - and lose about 98 of them.  Regular season is a different story but when you have a motivated Cavs team looking to send messages to their finals opponent - and LeBron on the team - the odds of winning are remote at best and probably next to non-existent.

The Cavs haven't let down once since the playoffs started.

BINGO. i did not even post that because I thought it was well known. There are huge differences between college tourneys and NBA playoffs just like you laid out. those games were one time anomalies.........not winning 4 of 7. 
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 05:36:30 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
The way you guys respond ,the team shouldn't even show. I posted it would take a perfect storm just to win one and clearly stated that if cavs get over confident, shots start falling and the defense picks up they could make a game of it.
I was worrying about being eviscerated before this even started and the seasons goals had been accomplished,win over 50 games,get into and won the 2nd round and won the draft.
Isaiah became a legend and this team doesn't deserve  to be diminished by its fans when the going gets really really tough maybe impossible.

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 05:41:09 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I'm with Rollie, not the doubters.  I believe that we are capable of pulling off the upset. Will need to get some breaks, get hot, and CLE will need to cool off. But certainly possible.

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 05:47:39 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
Celtics sweep next 4 playing like complete dirt dogs! I'm with Rollie!
ok fine

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 05:54:13 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
old rollie is still coaching also at 82! wow. at NAIA keiser university. holy cow.

I cannot believe old Lou Carnesecca is still alive at 92.  surreal.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 03:11:09 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
what a great win for the team and the fans that have stood behind them.

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 03:39:26 AM »

Offline safecracker

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
  • JJ8
rollie, if it weren't for your positive insightful posts i would probably not even be on this forum and i don't care if you use all lower case and no punctuation in fact I'm doing the same now as a sign of respect to a genuine authentic and humble fan of the celtics and the game of basketball
btw what do you think of my fellow countryman Jonas yesterday?

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 04:05:29 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
[dang] I wish I had a chance to play for a great like you did. Unfortunately I'm most likely going to play under coaches in South China for the rest of my life  :'(
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2017, 04:20:28 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Georgetown undefeated with EWING vs 15th ranked Villanova in Finals ----lost
Cavaliers at home after two blowouts and the Celts play scrappy.++
No Isaiah to hide on defense or lean on at the offensive end .The shots start falling and defense improves Celts make a game of it.
I played for Rollie at Lexington in quarter finals of Tech Tourney, We played top seeded undefeated Jamaica Plain,all black, tall with length,strength and quick twitch.
.Massimino was like a cross of Bobby Knight and Van Gunday with the size of Joe Pesci including his Goodfellas temperament.
He taught pressure help man to man team defense ,they never knew what hit them-Talent lost that day. .
WE need a perfect storm to sink these guys just once.

Was Kirk Minihane on your team?

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2017, 06:08:45 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
lower case tp's for all positive posters today-really happy for our guys and jonas who has struggled since his nose was broken.
i had thought he would have a better year shooting three's after putting a basketball court in his house but he still has that high motor.

Lebron, did not pull an Achilles and drag us like Hector to another mocking defeat.

The celts over the last two years have ended a lot of records for teams.

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2017, 11:25:08 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

great win. glad to see my sweep prediction was wrong.  now was that the upset anomaly or can we keep doing this?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 10:03:28 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

great win. glad to see my sweep prediction was wrong.  now was that the upset anomaly or can we keep doing this?

again, was that the NCAA tourney upset anomaly or can we do it again?   
LET'S GO CELTICS!